The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thank you! Yes, he is by Benno's Dream. I really enjoy riding him. I also have a two year old filly by Benno's Dream out of my Crown Heartbreaker mare, and can't wait to get her under saddle. Got another year to go.
    Everyone has such beautiful ponies! I love to see all the Haflingers. I used to start haflingers for a breeder friend, Whale Cove Farm in Rockport, MA. Any of these Haffies decendants of their ponies? They haven't been breeding for a few years now.

1 members found this post helpful.

Twinlights, I don't think any of these Haflingers are the same bloodlines as those from Whale Cove Farm, but I'm not positive. Small world though, isn't it?

A breeder I know from Wisconsin bred at least one of her Haflinger mares to Makuba and got a super sport pony. I think she also bred to Benno's Dream as well.

So many fancy sport ponies here! Honeylips, I absolutely love Golden State! He's a rock star! :-) And someone posted pics of a very fancy bay GRP that was part Hanovarian. Super nice photos
    of so many small horses and ponies!

I am going to try to post a couple other pics of siblings to Rosina and Reahna, but I need to wait until I get to a computer.
    Mary/New Horizons Haflinger Sport Horses
    Standing Stellar TVR, lifetime licensed with WE, RPSI, AWS, AHR
    www.newhorizonshaflingers.com
    www.facebook.com/NewHorizonsHaflingers

That is too bad, it was a long shot though. I know they had sold off all their mares years ago. My favorite was Dueana. But I thought I had tracked Udolfa and Rockport Rose to a farm in MI.
    Anyway, still love the breed.
    I really love Golden State as well. Waiting to breed my mare to him in a month. This will be a fantastic cross. This one will be for me!
    If I can just work on my riding enough to deserve it we will be all set, lol. May have to hire someone,

It's so wonderful seeing all of these gorgeous ponies! Bennos Dream has been a favorite of mine for awhile and it's nice to see what he produces It's also great to see all these gorgeous sporty Haflingers since my girl really takes after her mom in everything but color. I will be incredibly happy if she has even an ounce of the talent that the Haflingers posted on this thread have!
    My little girl, Katai - 13.2 Haflinger/?
    and her blog

Quote Originally Posted by twinlights View Post
    But I thought I had tracked Udolfa and Rockport Rose to a farm in MI.
    Udolfa and Rockport Rocca were at Wyldehaven in Florida. I know she had to sell off her stock a couple years ago, and I THINK they both went out to California.

Good luck with your Golden State foal....jealous!!

hmm - well tiny brag today for my pony Odie. 74.883! high score of the show. 9s on walk work, 8 on medium trot, 8 on medium canter. 8 for gaits. "S" judge
    RoseLane Sporthorses-Westfalen horses and ponies
    Home of Golden State- 2012 Bundeschampion 3yo Pony Stallion
    Home of Golden West - 2014 Bundeschampion 3yo Pony Stallion

5 members found this post helpful.

Congratulations those are pretty impressive scores.
    Ranch of Last Resort
    www.annwylid.com

Odie was awesome today! Personal best score was on my WB mare from back in 2003 - a 78%. She was very talented and ranked in the top 5 High Performance horses a few years later. But to come this close on a pony - well - next time a buyer who is 5'5 or under says say "its just a pony" or "i want something over 15 hand" I'm just going to roll my eyes. On a good pony, with good training and good riding - the size make no difference whatsoever. The judges could CARE LESS>
    RoseLane Sporthorses-Westfalen horses and ponies
    Home of Golden State- 2012 Bundeschampion 3yo Pony Stallion
    Home of Golden West - 2014 Bundeschampion 3yo Pony Stallion

next time people say "its just a pony" or "i want something over 15 hand" I'm just going to laugh my a** off.

Ah well, they just don't know any better
    Ranch of Last Resort
    www.annwylid.com

Well, mine fell on his butt yesterday while we were working on a session of free longing.

And congratulations honeylips on your rides.

We were finished, and I opened up the gates between the yard and the paddocks so that Max could have a long free run if he wanted it. And He did. He went to the farthest end of the yard and turned around and then he just exploded into an amazing gallop. With the gate open there is a long straight run with plenty of room to turn in a number of directions at either end or even in between.

Max can now make pretty tight turns, something he could not do at all when he first came in. So, he now knows that he can make tight turns, and he now knows he can bend .... so he went from a flat out gallop to a nice bouncy trot, did two tight turns around some trees and took off again at a dead run ... threw in series of small bucks and then tried some sort of tight turn at a pretty fast strung out canter .... that was where he lost it. Front feet slipped out from under him. He was going so fast that he just ended up on his side in a little ball sliding through the dirt. Once he quit sliding, he thought about it for a few seconds and then popped right up, shook himself off and began trotting.

He is fine. He just needs to get used to his new found skills.
    Last edited by BaroquePony; Mar. 23, 2013 at 06:04 AM.

Big Congrats honeylips! Your pony is so super.

I moved my pony this weekend to a new barn...a "pony barn". There are ponies, ponies everywhere! I got to hang with a bunch of pre-teen girls squealing at my pony's extreme cuteness It's a great atmosphere, girls on ponies! They have a uber fancy small pony who is a little dressage superstar, and about a dozen dressage/eventing ponies of all sizes. So much fun! 75% of the horses/ponies are under 15.2.

My pony walked in and seems to have figured out she belongs there, none of her typical shenanigans!

4 members found this post helpful.

[QUOTE=ironbessflint;6890258]Udolfa and Rockport Rocca were at Wyldehaven in Florida. I know she had to sell off her stock a couple years ago, and I THINK they both went out to California.

I thought the names of those two mares sounded familiar. I know Lee at Wyldehaven but have not been in touch with her for a few years. She had a fantastic Haflinger stallion that was an amazing mover and did very well in dressage, placing third under saddle (I think the suitability class) the year he went to Dressage at Devon. I have not heard anything about him for the last few years. Ironbessflint, do you know where he ended up? Lee may still have him; I'm not sure.

Congratulations honeylips!

Well, my photo editor is not working properly part of the time , but I did get a few photos loaded right . I so love (not) new software.

New Horizons, here are some "hillbilly heaven" conformation shots

http://ponytaleswebsite.com/pony_training_pg4.html

Below are his sales photos.

http://ponytaleswebsite.com/pony_training_pg3.html

When I bought Max I was told his feet were "messed up". That was true. Just the fronts. He arrived with underslung heels, toes way too long, bulges in the sidewalls, semi-contracted heels and basically semi-crushed heels ... and shoes more than two sizes too small. And he was being jumped. His 'dressage' training was a bit on the 'unconventional' side to go along with everything else.

The shoer I had at the time didn't understand the problem, so I had to get another farrier. Max now wears a size 4 on his fronts. And I can tell he feels the difference. It has been an amazing transformation.

Perfect Pony ... thanks for the compliments on Max. But the best part is how much fun he has been. He is hilarious. I can't believe the stuff he comes up with.

A barn full of ponies everywhere might be frightening. They're like little Einsteins.

Baroque Pony, Max looks quite versatile under saddle, and is really moving out in some of those trot shots. How tall is he again? ( I had a couple of other questions, but I can probably answer them myself if I find your earlier posts.)

I can't believe he had shoes on them that were so small! There is no excuse for ignorance. I hate when animals have to suffer because people don't know enough to ask for help (or don't care enough). The previous owner's farrier should have caught that problem before it got worse (unless they never had him out at regular intervals), if not the trainer. (Sorry, I know it is easy to critique others, but I just get so annoyed when I hear that sort of thing. I ask tons of questions, and as an educator, still feel like I will always be a lifelong student as well!)

Here are a couple of other photos of my youngsters who are dressage prospects. Radiance of New Horizons (aka "Chela") is the two-year-old filly (pictured as a yearling in these photos) and is a full sister to Reahna and Rosina who I posted earlier.

Ressonance of New Horizons (aka "Ria") is a yearling (pictured as a weanling) and is out of the same dam as the other mares and the first foal by my stallion, Stellar TVR. Needless to say, I am very excited about both of them, and hope that they grow up to follow in the hoofprints of their big sisters!

Radiance
    http://newhorizonshaflingers.com/Che...WSfreetrot.jpg
    http://newhorizonshaflingers.com/Che...Sfreetrot2.jpg

Ressonance
    http://newhorizonshaflingers.com/Ria/RiaconfmidAug.jpg
    http://newhorizonshaflingers.com/Ria/Riatrot1Nov12.JPG

Ria was not happy in the trot photo. She thought I was pretty dumb to be making her move around when she wanted to eat the grass. She really does have a wonderful temperament, though you would not know from the annoyed expression on her face.

Some very nice ponies. I love the grade ponies. They often seem to be such good packers.

I love the look of the Hafflingers, but my sole experience with a Haffie/QH cross didn't end very well. I liked him a lot. but he and Max became enemies literally. Two very different styles of fighting and personality.

New Horizons, Max is 14.1 1/2 hh, carded. He now is in size 3 shoes. His feet needed to grow out, and his tendons needed to tighten back up and get strong.

I get pretty upset sometimes over the high percentage of horses and ponies that get ruined before they are even in the prime of their life.