The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Stubben dressage saddle

I recently purchased a four year old Stubben Maestoso deluxe dressage saddle that looks brand new. The owner used it for two years and the horse it fit came up lame. So it sat for two years until I bought it. I love the saddle but it seems to be squishing down farther each ride. Could it need re stuffing? The flocking doesn't seem lumpy hard but there seems to be less in the front then back? Any ideas? I don't even know where in Tucson I can find someone to flock a saddle.

That's funny; I'm in Tucson & also looking for someone to re-flock my dressage saddle... No success so far, but if I find someone I'll PM you!

you saddle is just breaking in. cool for you that it is breaking in to fit your horse and you.

Stubbens are very high quality - they are also not overstuffed. so your saddle will break in and settle and that is fine. if you are worried call stubben directly.

Same problem here where I live. My young horse's (used) saddle was flat in the front and needed more support. I sent it off to a saddlefitter who does repairs and flocking, along with templates and pictures. He checked the fit and suggested the changes it needed, then did them. It came back perfect, (and polished, too).