The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Any pnwers going to the Claudia cojocar clinic?

Like the title says are any of you going? If you have attended a clinic with Claudia what were some things you did? Any good advice you can pass on? I'm taking a fairly green one in the 3'6" hoping she doesn't mind his shenanigans.
    Spend so much time improving yourself that you have no time left to criticize others.

Having subjected Claudia to several horses that are "entertaining" for the viewers... I can vouch that she has a sense of humor and was very helpful for me. Claudia's style is to include a lot of warm up time and flatwork, which always helps the excitable horses get in a learning mood. I love her clinics.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Credosporthorses View Post
    Like the title says are any of you going? If you have attended a clinic with Claudia what were some things you did? Any good advice you can pass on? I'm taking a fairly green one in the 3'6" hoping she doesn't mind his shenanigans.
    When/where is it and what are you riding LJ in? Might be fun to come watch you guys! I've always enjoyed watching her teach, and if I'd known about it I would have planned to take Chuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Credosporthorses View Post
    Claudia won't mind, she's a very seasoned clinician I'm sure she's seen it all before. I've ridden in many clinics with her, she's big on position, basics, and flatwork. Basically the only thing she doesn't like is poor horsemanship, she will teach anyone that tries to learn.

I've taken I think 3 Claudia Clinics and always enjoyed them. Here's a video from one of the clinics I have done. I believe this was the last day (course day) of a 3 day clinic. My horse was pretty green here, I believe this was 3'6 or 3'9 group a couple years ago.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCTlz...6A6CQ&index=45

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWjumper View Post
    When/where is it and what are you riding LJ in? Might be fun to come watch you guys! I've always enjoyed watching her teach, and if I'd known about it I would have planned to take Chuck.
    It's at Sandy and Meg's this sat/sun. Im in the 1-3 group, suposedly 3'6"+ but judging by who else is in that group it might not get that big. I'm in it mostly for the flat work. Jump height will never be a problem for LJ! Yes I'm taking LJ and judging from our ride today we are not over this new found bucking fun! So there will be a lot of bouncing and leaping on our part.
    Spend so much time improving yourself that you have no time left to criticize others.

BTW, in all the clinics I've ever been in with Claudia they jumps have never gotten NEAR the heights they were 'supposed' to be. The 3'6+ group maybe did 3'3 max on course day.

Thanks Elis

I've also attended a couple of Claudia's clinics. She can be like GM but with a feminine side to her. She is a great clinician, but I agree with Elis, the clinics I've been in and audited never made it to the scheduled heights. That said, there always seemed to be one or two that should never have been in that height or in that class in the first place. Pay attention, be respectful, she doesn't like excuses, no it alls, or a gigglepuss.

Its been several years, but I rode in a clinic of her's and found she emphasized flatwork and warming-up properly before jumping as well.
    The flatwork she had us do got the super downhill horse (but a blast to jump), I was leasing to be light and have the best self-carriage he ever had. I also found clinic jump heights were at or below the post-level i.e. 2'9 instead of 3', but I would still would highly recommend her as a clinician!