The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The rocky part of KY

I know how we did the pocket door. They vanish completely into the wall so instead of having hardware on the sides of the door you have to recess a little latch on the end. When you want to open the door up you push the top in and a finger hook comes out that you pull till the recessed door handle comes on out of the wall, then you switch to it.
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

I have a barn door with one side old wood and the other weathered corrugated metal. It's in a doorway that leads to a hall with my kids bedroom so it mostly stays open--until they move out then it will mostly stay closed!

I also have a pair of old sliding doors that are plank on the bottom and the top half is paned glass, about 5' x 11', light weight, with old paint patina. They aren't exactly barn doors, but came out of a factory I think. They mostly stay open as well.

My house is a "new old" farmhouse with old reclaimed floors, doors, beams, etc., so the old doors really fit with the rest of the interior and add patina that I'm crazy about.