The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Interesting... I love the very end... the thing that makes the rider smile... interesting extra letters. The long dangly stuff hanging off the sturrips was a little distracting, but I guess it's the appropriate attire.

It looks like a combination of western equitation (transitions), a very light trail class (backing through obstacles), and light reining skills. Whatever. My old AQHA mare and I could have done that course with very little practice. In fact, any handy western mount should have all those skills. Our AQHA gelding would need a little more practice because my husband rides himnow, LOL! By the fall, I should have those skills with my Morgan mare because I am training her to be my cow horse now.

I didn't really see anything that made me think 'dressage' except the numbers.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by microbovine View Post
    I didn't really see anything that made me think 'dressage' except the numbers.
    ...many of which appeared to be brands.

Interesting take on Western Dressage.
    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams

Isn't there a new sport that really is western dressage? That looked more complicated. Too complicated for me, anyway.

Wait, that video is cowboy dressage. Here is western dressage:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=r...&v=OXS7i_fK7AQ

THAT looks a lot harder and closer to regular dressage. It's neat way to interact with a horse, but I would just take dressage lessons myself. I did awhile back, actually, but not long enough to ever get out of walk/trot and a lot of circles, LOL!

I think both cowboy and western could be fun for people who don't want to buy new tack. Anything to keep people riding and playing with their horses nicely.

In fact, any handy western mount should have all those skills
    do you know who Jeff Sanders is?

he turns out some nice horses

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A9WIs03n2c

Anything to keep people riding and playing with their horses nicely.
    and that is part of the reason I think. Horse sports are starting to diversify, morph and finding new ways to enjoy horses. This is one.

Anything to keep people riding and playing with their horses nicely.
    and that is part of the reason I think. Horse sports are starting to diversify, morph and finding new ways to enjoy horses. This is one.

Posted yesterday in the Dressage Forum - now up to 6 pages of discussion.

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...sage-Challenge
    "No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

Quote Originally Posted by threedogpack View Post
    do you know who Jeff Sanders is?

he turns out some nice horses

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A9WIs03n2c
    Nice! I wish my rope skills were better. I am my horse's biggest limitation around cattle.

Default this looks like fun!

!st off, I've seen dressage,helped another back her 2nd horse(when she asked me,I was wtf,me? She said "who else?")I like WATCHING-but that's not how I ride.1st off,I always rode QHs'.then I got to ride a TB-her owner hated her/3 wtrn trainers " & the girl wasn't doin' anything,but acting sullen.I rode her, after much,"I'm not gettin' on a crazy TB."Surprize superize-I thought it,she done it! I got my guys that can do all of the stuff that's being shown,and a little bit more-this would be 1 avenue for those that have taken TBS and show them in another light-just sayin'