The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
    Chicagoland Area

Cool Hunter/Jumper Show Barns in Green Bay, WI

Hey Friends,

I have a friend that will be moving to Green Bay, WI. I was wondering if anyone knows of any Hunter/Jumper Show Barns that they would recommend in this area? Also she told me she was looking into these barns online. Northstar Equestrian at Greenfield Farm, New Heights Inc.
    Does anyone have any advice?; please if it is negative don't post it here and just message me (I've seen these things get messy before)

Thanks Everyone!
    Weekends are for horse shows
    and Fridays are for lessons

Northstar is currently the competitive A Circuit barn in the area and there's a lot of great people there. Otherwise, you could always check out W.E.C. It is primarily dressage abd eventers but there are some hunter jumper riders and the facility is gorgeous. Both venues host a lot of events.
    Last edited by Forthright Farm; Jan. 12, 2015 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forthright Farm View Post
    New Heights would be my recommendation. I would consider Deb the best trainer in the area. She's very nice and has a great reputation, everyone is always happy to see her at horse shows. I would just check and make sure the facility fits with your priorities, as I am not sure about their turn out procedures ect., and a third party runs the facility. Otherwise, you could always check out W.E.C. It is primarily eventers but there are some hunter jumper riders and the facility is gorgeous. Both venues host a lot of events and Deb goes to quite a few shows.
    Agreed. Give Deb a call, she is wonderful! I have shown at the facility she works out of and know her to be an excellent trainer and a good person. If I moved that way I wouldn't hesitate to train and board with her!
    Friend of bar.ka

Another vote for Deb at New Heights, she trains out of a beautiful facility. Fantastic trainer, have known her for years and she works very well with horses and riders. Since I am laid up I was going to send my personal jumper there to get a jump start on the season but it didn't work out money wise. And I am a trainer in that area, but just have a small low key operation that sadly doesn't have an indoor that is big enough to jump in.

Johnson Creek, WI

ditto for New Heights. I don't know the trainer but I went to a show there and would love to go back. Nice facilities and a very cool outdoor jumping ring that I wasn't able to test out last time.
    "Vulgarity is no substitute for wit.” - Lady Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham