The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirljenn View Post
    We can't have catnip in this house. It makes my old cat aggressive - he attacks the other cats and us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    typical junky....
    Ah, the classic escalation of addiction. It works really well until it doesn't, and then the cat keeps doing it anyway.

Did you send kitteh to plush recovery center to dry out and figure out the painful psychological causes of his addiction? Or did you just take him off it, cold turkey?

Do cats have 12 Step meetings?
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

Jet is a nip fiend. Especially for FRESH nip. He gets picky about the dried kind (some are good, some are bad), but he will run you DOWN for fresh nip. Sundae and P.C. also like it (though I have to chase Jet away so they can actually have some) but Marcus can take it or leave it alone. So three out of four cats approve.

City of delusion in the state of total denial

My godcat, Tai, is a 25-lb Maine Coon. He lived with me for about a year while his people, my cousins, were in China for work. Tai was a bit of a fiend about the catnip... I gave him a scratch board and sprinkled catnip in it. He'd perform aerial maneuvers, sprint about, climb things like a nutjob, and then end up passed out on the floor, hugging his scratch board between all his legs. I may have a picture somewhere.

He wasn't fond of having his rump brushed and would sometimes get mats. In order to cut them out, I gave him fresh catnip, waited 'til he passed out, and then trimmed them. That kept all of us in one piece.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

Quote Originally Posted by Renn/aissance View Post
    My godcat, Tai, is a 25-lb Maine Coon. He lived with me for about a year while his people, my cousins, were in China for work. Tai was a bit of a fiend about the catnip... I gave him a scratch board and sprinkled catnip in it. He'd perform aerial maneuvers, sprint about, climb things like a nutjob, and then end up passed out on the floor, hugging his scratch board between all his legs. I may have a picture somewhere.

He wasn't fond of having his rump brushed and would sometimes get mats. In order to cut them out, I gave him fresh catnip, waited 'til he passed out, and then trimmed them. That kept all of us in one piece.

how did the foundation of the house take it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post

how did the foundation of the house take it?
    It lived. My then-roommate's oil painting in progress did not. Consequently, a carpet did not... fortunately, steam cleaning got it out.
    - Harry Dresden

My cats all inhale... It wreaks havoc with their productivity, which of course was never all that high to begin with, if I am being honest.

You stoners might enjoy this: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3scQ0wq5zLE

'You may have have heard of catnip, but DO YOU REALLY UNDERSTAND IT???'

Quote Originally Posted by Renn/aissance View Post
    Did that cat publish a masters thesis on the evolution of mental health care for cats from medieval times? Clearly he knows that chemical straight-jackets are better than physical ones.

IIRC, it had one of those catchy academic titles, you know, with a cool phrase, a colon and a long and boring description of the historical topic and time frame.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

Cats on high: An analysis of changes in feline restraint techniques from medieval to modern times (1300-2013)

Schreiber, Tai Bo (with transcription services by Goldberg, Renn)

Coming soon to a journal near you.
    - Harry Dresden

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooty Tats View Post

You stoners might enjoy this: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3scQ0wq5zLE

'You may have have heard of catnip, but DO YOU REALLY UNDERSTAND IT???'
    An excellent educational film. Some cats may find it triggering, so you parents of the "young cat, don't have sex until you're married (which will be never.... cats don't get married)" persuasion, you might want to watch this alone first.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat