The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by muffintop View Post
    okay, admittedly i know nothing about EHV1 so don't flame me, i do have a question though. this might be a silly question ...
    same here, I have a question. Is this a different or more complicated strain than what a EHV1 Rhino vaccine covers?

12th floor of the Acme building in a city that knows how to keep it's secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by lrp1106 View Post
    The horse at the Grand Prix Village wasn't at Ocala. It had no contact with Ocala, so how do you account for that? .
    Isn't that one negative? It's why they have lifted the FEI quarantine.
    You will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training.

12th floor of the Acme building in a city that knows how to keep it's secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Ridge View Post
    The infected horse(s) in Loxahatchee were likely on the WEF show grounds at some point, no?
    As I understand it, they were not. They went straight to the Loxahatchee farm.
    You will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training.

The Loxahatchee horses were never at WEF. As far as I know, there have been no positive tests for horses that were on the WEF show grounds. There was 1 positive test for a horse that is stabled in Grand Prix Village near the WEF showgrounds. 2 horses from the same stable as the positive horse (and thus exposed to the virus) were moved to FEI stabling at WEF. They were moved back to their off show grounds stable once their barnmate positive test was available, but to be on the safe side WEF quarantined the FEI stable they had been in. Those 2 horses were tested for the virus and the test was negative, so since no positive test horses were ever on WEF property or in the FEI stable, they lifted the quarantine.