The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Critique Please!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gkh...HxXYRPL5G9TQdQ

I wanna hear all comments, critiques, and opinions please

Thank you!

No critique, but it's very clear that somebody loves his (or her) job That looked like a fun ride!

3 members found this post helpful.

thank you! and yes he does

Your guy is what I have been wanting, but I end up with hunters! He looks like a very fun ride who loves his job and is unchallenged at that height. Looks like he could easily do bigger. Does he happen to be an Irish Draught by any chance?

Loved it. The first thing that came to mind was that he's a fun ride. Second was that you and he present a fluid picture. He does get a little quick at times, but not so much that you need to worry about it, and you don't worry (or appear to, anyway ). I love that you stay in the middle of the saddle over the fences, no flinging yourself up over the neck. Very nicely done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny View Post
    Those martingales were so taut, you could play Ode to Joy on them with a comb

He us CUTE. Love him. You two look great together.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Bless you for actually having your stirrups an appropriate length! Maybe it's a local trend near me but everyone is riding with 135* legs swinging all over the place.
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

He is SO cute!!! I love his way of going and how he backs himself off the jump. Looks really fun to ride!!! Is he a large pony? Just a guess from your screen name. Anyways, you two look like a great match!

Love you and your horse! Great job, you seem to make a great team also. And yes you can tell he loves his job. The only thing I'd say is he needs a little more release, just a bit. But I have a feeling he can get a little strong so that's why you hold he a little more. Lobe your position overall. Best I've seen in a long time
    Horses aren't our whole life, but makes our life whole

1 members found this post helpful.

Gorgeous horse! I must say, I would've given a little bit more of a release! Heels were perfect, everything else was perfect.

That was a real treat to watch. Just beautiful.
    Mon Ogon (Mojo), black/bay 16 H TB Gelding

Very cool!

Thank you for posting you both are lovely to watch. He is quick but still very nice and that quickness does not change his form as it often does for other horses.

Enjoy your guy !
    Last edited by stolen virtue; Feb. 27, 2013 at 01:06 PM.

I remember seeing some of your other vids with this guy and I still really, really like him. Looks like a fun horse you loves his job (the ears pricked the whole time is super cute) and you ride him well!

Quote Originally Posted by Petstorejunkie View Post
    Bless you for actually having your stirrups an appropriate length! Maybe it's a local trend near me but everyone is riding with 135* legs swinging all over the place.
    This absolutely drives me crazy watching the lower jumper levels. It's rampant in the Ch/AA and Low Jr/AO classes. Not the legs-swinging-around part, but lots of juniors riding over big jumps with super long stirrups. I'm not sure why this is such a trend, but I notice it almost exclusively on the kids who are also doing the medal/eq classes and then the people who train with those trainers prepping lots of kids for the medal/eq.

I don't think the OP is that far off, but I do think that she would have an easier time with even shorter stirrups than she has here.

But as everyone else has said....super cute horse!

Great ride and SUPER cute horse!!

Quote Originally Posted by PNWjumper View Post
    This absolutely drives me crazy watching the lower jumper levels. It's rampant in the Ch/AA and Low Jr/AO classes. Not the legs-swinging-around part, but lots of juniors riding over big jumps with super long stirrups. I'm not sure why this is such a trend, but I notice it almost exclusively on the kids who are also doing the medal/eq classes and then the people who train with those trainers prepping lots of kids for the medal/eq.

I don't think the OP is that far off, but I do think that she would have an easier time with even shorter stirrups than she has here.

But as everyone else has said....super cute horse!
    OMG thank you!! I agree 200%!
    Quote Originally Posted by rustbreeches View Post
    [George Morris] doesn't always drink beer, but when he does, he prefers Dos Equis

Awww thanks everyone! he's a perch x TB

I usually do the high adults, but he was on stall rest and i was on college-rest (aka neither of us were getting worked for three weeks and after day one of horseshow i couldnt walk)

first time i had taken such a long break from riding and i would like to disagree with everyone that says this isnt a sport! you use muscles you dont use for anything else and there is no way to keep them in shape!

Also - question, I do the hunter derbies on him in a stronger bit and he's not fast, just a little quick to the jumps. Any idea why he wouldn't place well? its pretty obvious he loves his jobs, but we rarely score over a 60
    i guess our competition isnt the easiest to beat haha

thanks again everyone! Yall just made my day

Oh and he's not a large pony! He's 16.3... my name is just from when I made this aka 6 years ago when i was still on ponies

Quote Originally Posted by ponyjumper525 View Post
    Awww thanks everyone! he's a perch x TB

I usually do the high adults, but he was on stall rest and i was on college-rest (aka neither of us were getting worked for three weeks and after day one of horseshow i couldnt walk)

first time i had taken such a long break from riding and i would like to disagree with everyone that says this isnt a sport! you use muscles you dont use for anything else and there is no way to keep them in shape!

Also - question, I do the hunter derbies on him in a stronger bit and he's not fast, just a little quick to the jumps. Any idea why he wouldn't place well? its pretty obvious he loves his jobs, but we rarely score over a 60
    i guess our competition isnt the easiest to beat haha

thanks again everyone! Yall just made my day
    Coming from jumper-land--your horse is adorable and lightning quick his with his front end. Looks honest as the day is long and like a BLAST to ride

I have never in my life shown in a hunter derby so my opinion is potentially worthless, but he's not terribly orthodox; he looks to have a tendency to rabbit-jump behind (tucks his legs under him) and doesn't crack his back hunter-style. Also he doesn't move like a hunter and I honest-to-God did a double take bc he reminds me SO much of a mare where I ride who I suspect is the same cross and goes the exact same way (and is equally as wonderful as I suspect yours is!)

He makes a heck of a jumper/eq horse though!

3 members found this post helpful.

Thank you! Yeah he jumps flatter than most hunters :/

Oh well I still love him!!