The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Leg Warmers with a Knee Patch for Riding?

I have been charged by a barnmate to find these leg warmers she saw recently visiting another barn. As she described them to me, they came up to mid thigh and had a knee patch. I don't know what they were made of, but I am guessing a knit of some sort. The girl wearing them received them second hand and had no real information on them. After lots of googling, I stumbled upon one Yahoo Answers stating that someone found a pair at a thrift store once with an "On Course" tag.

Any info would be greatly appreciated even if it is a "how to" on making something comparable.

Thanks!

Personally, I would not agree to help her find leg warmers unless she promises not to rip up her sweatshirts, run in place really fast, or dump a bucket of water on her own head while listening to 'Maniac.'
    Last edited by Bristol Bay; Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Autocorrect! Argh!
    A helmet saved my life.

2014 goal: learn to ride like TheHorseProblem, er, a barn rat!

6 members found this post helpful.

I think that is very reasonable.

Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here

Haha! I have 3 pair, 2 kids and one small adult in my trunks in the basement. They went out with Navajo blankets and Calientes in the schooling ring! They were amazing in their day, but I think went out with the advent of Polar fleece and other technical fabrics that can keep you warm
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"

1 members found this post helpful.

I was going to ask why she doesn't just get fleece breeches (or wear leather full chaps over fleece pants).
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

I had some over 25 years ago, but now I wear fleece breeches. I can't remember where I got them either (I know, not much help!). They were knitted with fake leather knee patches. Do dancers still use leg warmers? Might be able to get some of them and sew on some knee patches.