The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pop Rocks Delayed

Hello all! I was wondering if any other fellow COTHErs have had difficulty getting pop rocks? I ordered mine February 6th and still no package!!! I called Abler and they will not report it lost until March 7th- and then they will re-ship only guaranteeing 14 days. That's 7-8 weeks to actually receive. Any one else having shipping problems?

It happened to me once--package disappeared without a trace. They sent a replacement with no fuss once the standard time period had elapsed. There is always a chance the meds will be confiscated at customs--it happens. The product exists in sort of a "gray zone" and if a customs inspector is in a bad mood, off the shipment goes to the trash.

I use the product and am satisified with it, but would never want to count on a quick shipment if I were in a pinch.
    Click here before you buy.

Doing the cheap shipping option, I have never received mine in less than 3 weeks. Normally it takes anywhere from 3-5 weeks. It took almost 2 months when they were in transit during the Christmas season.
    IME, it is too soon to be thinking they are lost but maybe my experience is unusual.
    There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.(Churchill)

I've done a few orders and sometimes it takes longer than others. I was actually surprised how quickly mine arrived this time around. I ordered on January 27 and received my shipment on Feb 9.

Hope yours turns up soon!
    Sarah K. Andrew | Twitter | Blog | Horses & Hope calendar | Flickr | Website

Yeah, 3 weeks is about the right time frame IME. I wouldn't consider them "lost" just yet.

1 members found this post helpful.

I'm waiting for my order too, I paid for the expedited shipping and nothing so far. (Although they're not that late - just due last week so I'm not getting upset yet!.)But I hope they do come soon, I can't afford to continue the ulcergard much longer at this point.

Thanks for the responses- hopefully they will appear soon

I suspect customs is probably disposing of the ones that go missing.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Don't scare me, mine showed as shipped today and I really would like to start them ASAP
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

I paid for mine earlier this month and mine came in the mail today

Where do they ship from? I got a tracking number from a country I didn't even know existed. I had India in my head, for some reason so wasn't expecting that?!
    ~Veronica

Vanuatu or India.

Vanuatu is where my tracking is from. A country I was previously unaware of! LOL.
    ~Veronica

What exactly are these pop rocks? I've seen them mentioned but have no clue what they really are...

Generic omeprazole for horses.

I ordered mine on the 17th with expedite shipping. I followed the shipping and said delievered in NY, when I told them to send to Canada. In the live chat they told me "that's what they do to throw off customs". Not quite sure how that method works, as it was already in customs 3 days in Cali. They said if they didn't arrive in Canada by the weekend they will send me some new stuff. Love the product, don't like the sketchy actions behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by dorthyinoz View Post
    I ordered mine on the 17th with expedite shipping. I followed the shipping and said delievered in NY, when I told them to send to Canada. In the live chat they told me "that's what they do to throw off customs". Not quite sure how that method works, as it was already in customs 3 days in Cali. They said if they didn't arrive in Canada by the weekend they will send me some new stuff. Love the product, don't like the sketchy actions behind it.
    Mine did the exact same thing on the way to Ontario. In fact, I called USPS to inquire about the package and they told me it had been delivered to a customer in New York! Emailed Abler customer service and they gave me a DIFFERENT tracking number for the second leg of the trip. Don't worry yet, it will get there. The problem I had is that the tracking numbers were completely useless. I ended up getting my package and the tracking number said it was still in Jamaica, NY (the airport).
    I've spent most of my life riding horses. The rest I've just wasted.

I had it take month, and another time, a week. I would suggest expedited shipping, tho it may not be all that quick... It is best to order them way in advance of actually needing them

Mine came today!! yeah!!
    Fullcirclefarmsc.com

So Canadians, do you get charged duty when the pop rocks finally arrive, or is it covered under the shipping rates?
    I just got notification my pop rocks have arrived in New York, so expecting they'll show up sometime next week if they don't get detained at customs. Should I be saving up to pay the duty charge or will they just show up in my mail box?
    Another owner of A Fine Romance baby who has grown up and joined the fun!!!