The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default New horse boots!

im not related to this brand at all... actually didnt hear of them till last week

http://www.majykequipe.com/Products.html

the boots are AMAZING. memory foam, machine washable, look smart, and awesome price!

I'll agree. They look very interesting. I'm interested to see what the sport boot looks like. Did you just order them from the site? Wonder how they'll hold up.

They were at the AETA trade show. I thought the boots looked intriguing. The owner had never HEARD of the Devon Horse Show (selfish "le gasp") and didn't want to work with us. So we ain't gonna have them... but they seemed interesting.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

I've actually seen them a good amount out here in CA...they had a killer deal on them at the Horse Expo last year that I missed! Hopefully they'll be back this year...

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    The owner had never HEARD of the Devon Horse Show (selfish "le gasp") and didn't want to work with us. So we ain't gonna have them... but they seemed interesting.
    Well....there goes all their credibility in my book...haha!

I'm not sure I would want to use them, my memory foam mattress gets REALLY hot....

1 members found this post helpful.

they're like Equifits. Its a very thin layer, doesn't get any hotter than neoprene.

I think the owner/developer is very west coast oriented. I'll give him a partial pass.... But man that was a little icicle in my heart when he was like "what's devon?"

I thought the boots looked interesting. Very flexible and the right amount of padding. Color options were only black or white but they're very clean/nice looking.
    ~Veronica

I got them last week from a retailer in Houston. They were used at a show and have been machine washed once, and still look new! I'll let you know how they go with more use!

Also, they're MUCH lighter than eskadrons and equifits. My jumper hates having back boots on and would try to kick them off all the time; however, with these, just walked funny at first and then no complaints from him!

Any updates ponyjumper? I'm wondering if these boots would work for my neoprene sensitive girl.
    Member of the *OMG I loff my mare!* clique.

we have 2 sets at the barn. have held up great for daily use. One set is used on my neoprene-allergic TB (nice not to have to go with sheepskin for every day)

I recently got these. I like them, two down sides would be the memory foam liner is not removable like Equi fits and I'm not crazy about the look of the silver on the back. But all in all a good boot, they seem pretty durable.

We purchased these a few months ago. They have held up extremely well. I would absolutely recommend them and will buy them again. We have fronts and backs. We use them for lessons and shows.

1 members found this post helpful.

I never post anymore, but needed to give these boots an amazing two thumbs way up. I know the owner personally & like Veronica said, he is very West Coast (California) oriented. He started the company because he was tired of other boots not holding up on him for more than a year (Roma & Eskadron) My boots (the original ones that came out right after testing was done) are still going strong and stand up to hard daily use & multiple machine washes. For under $70 for front boots, you cannot go wrong. I have been a big fan of these from the start and recommend them to everyone.

Wish he had been more open minded/accomodating. He could have had these boots at the biggest/most prestigious North East Coast show around and it's hard for me to see how THAT could be bad advertising. But he was completely and totally unwilling. Oh well!
    ~Veronica