The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Why does the "Post Reply" button not work for me since the upgrade?

Basically what the title says. I have tried to look through the threads on new issues since the upgrade, but honestly, I don't have time to sit and dig through pages and pages...and the digging I have done turns up nothing.

I can't just click on "post reply" I either have to use the tiny (GRRRR) quick reply box or use the "Reply with Quote" option...which then pops up in the tiny quick reply box. (Double GRRRR). If I'm trying to multiple quote, it gets to be a real pain as I have to go back to the last post I selected to click the reply with quote button...or just choose a random post and then delete it from the tiny (did I say it was tiny? IT's tiny ) quick reply box. Sigh.
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

Because it's broken.

The post reply button at the TOP of the page does work, though

You can also click "go advanced" to take your quick reply to the full reply window.

And you can drag the lower right corner of the quick reply box to make it bigger.

Doesn't work for anyone, I don't think, one of the glitches they are working on.

There is a HELP forum to repot that, or mention it to the Moderator.

I end up posting and then editing what I could not see in the little box.

Put the point of your cursor arrow right on the top border of the blue oval.
    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams

1 members found this post helpful.

I'm with Frank. I have to hover over the very top/right edge of the blue "Post Reply" box to get it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank B View Post
    Thank you!!! - how clever of you to have sussed this out
    (& how unclever of me not to have )

Quote Originally Posted by Frank B View Post
    Heh. And that must be why it sometimes works for me but most of the time it does not.

Thanks for the responses. I just hadn't seen anything on it in the help threads but it sounds like I just missed it.
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

While we're talking about replies, I can't seem to multi-quote without cutting and pasting anymore. Have to click the lower right box of each chosen one, and then figure out the last box I'm choosing and then hit "reply with quote". Can't just click each lower right, then go advanced. It's tedious to me. Or another solution?
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

Quote Originally Posted by CVPeg View Post
    While we're talking about replies, I can't seem to multi-quote without cutting and pasting anymore. Have to click the lower right box of each chosen one, and then figure out the last box I'm choosing and then hit "reply with quote". Can't just click each lower right, then go advanced. It's tedious to me. Or another solution?
    Well, you can click the multi quote for each and then click "post reply" either by using the button at the top of the page, or by finding the narrow area on the lower button that works (top edge, roughly the middle third.) The "post reply" button takes you to the advanced editing window. (NOT the "post quick reply" button, though.)

Mine works. What browser are you using? I'm using Chrome and it works just fine.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by Simkie View Post
    Well, you can click the multi quote for each and then click "post reply" either by using the button at the top of the page, or by finding the narrow area on the lower button that works (top edge, roughly the middle third.) The "post reply" button takes you to the advanced editing window. (NOT the "post quick reply" button, though.)

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    Mine works. What browser are you using? I'm using Chrome and it works just fine.
    Mine works on my iPad as I just quoted these to. Had done a multi quote since new updates so tried it now. I just click the little quote symbol at the bottom of each post I want to quote then hit reply with quote
    Horses aren't our whole life, but makes our life whole

Aha! Same problem, more or less. I'd multi-quote, then not be able to hit the lower reply button. But works with the top one.
    Thanks!
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

Quote Originally Posted by alto View Post
    Thank you!!! - how clever of you to have sussed this out
    (& how unclever of me not to have )
    Actually, another COTHer clued me in. Incidentally, I'm running Firefox.
    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams

I've noticed that if you wait until "Auto Saved" appears at the bottom of the reply box, then you can click Post Quick Reply, and it will post correctly.

The one that irritates me is when I try to edit, and sometimes it won't work with save. My solution when it starts is to copy the entire posting, then click Refresh, and if it didn't post correctly I click edit again, then paste and eliminate the duplicate parts, then it usually posts correctly when I click Save Changes and it works.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Yepper, been broken since the upgrade.

Not sure if it has fallen to the back burner as a not something that really needs fixing or if it is not fixable. Seems strange that it is still not working.

Well, it works if you hold your tongue just right and put the curser on the one magical spot right above the tab.
    Thanks to whoever pointed that out, as that tab had not worked at all for me also.

Yeah, that is a small glitch, but it should also be easy to correct in the page's format?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Well, it works if you hold your tongue just right and put the curser on the one magical spot right above the tab.
    Thanks to whoever pointed that out, as that tab had not worked at all for me also.

Yeah, that is a small glitch, but it should also be easy to correct in the page's format?
    They have known about this small glitch since before the updates were launched. It was pointed out during the beta testing. That is why I suggest it might not be such an easy fix.