The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Thumbs up Greenie Brag - Red and Blue Ribbons at our first dressage show! (videos)

Just wanted share about my first dressage show. Yesterday I took my coming 6 yo gelding to our first dressage show. It was just a small local schooling show but I couldn't be more proud of him. He marched into the ring like a champ and was fantastic. We had rider navigation and related issues... Hard to ride and test and remember to ride my horse!

Thought I would share the videos. I am in a training program and am aware that there are tons of things that I need to work on but I would definitely appreciate any feedback. Regardless of things we have to work on I was super proud of my boy.

We received 2nd place in our Training Level 1 test - 65.63
    And a 1st place in our Training Level 2 test - 64.6

Training 1
    Training 2
    Equestrian At Hart - My Blog - adventures of a big opinionated BWP

Well done! First time out be happy they go left and right so the rest is icing!
    ~~Member of the TB's Rule Clique ~~
    http://www.off-breed-dressage.blogspot.com/

Nice job. Seems like he has a good brain on him. I didn't watch both videos but congrats! The only thing i see that stands out is your hands are in your lap and a little bouncy. Think about bending you'd elbow, straight line and use your shoulder and core to rest your hands. I think you did a wonderful job.
    Horses aren't our whole life, but makes our life whole

Huge congratulations both on a successful show and a very awesome green horse I hope to get my greenie to at least one show this year and if she does half as well as your guy I will be very proud!
    My little girl, Katai - 13.2 Haflinger/?
    and her blog

Thanks guys. I can see the things mentioned as well. And the bend my elbows bit is mentioned in my lessons often. I tent to want to get my reins too long and that doesn't do us any favors.

This wasn't our first show ever so he has definitely been off the farm a bit and had a few other positive show experiences but he has come so far and while still green (when does a horse stop deserving that title...?) is now taking everything in stride without blinking his eyes. So proud!
    Equestrian At Hart - My Blog - adventures of a big opinionated BWP