The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ive had my mare for 9 years.... (Ive had horses my whole life, so its not a "newbie" thing)

I got her when she was 1, she is 10 now...... I still swoon over her. I still get butterflies when I look at her.....

my friends seem to like hearing about her, or maybe they are really bored, and just humoring me either way, they are my friends so they just "deal" I guess...

good luck! I think its wonderful

I think some of you are misunderstanding. I'm not suggesting that a person shouldn't swoon, or feel strongly about their own horse, or even talk about said strong feelings for said horse.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz 57 View Post
    Oh, you would! If you knew me at all... Honeymoons are fantastic, I got married last summer - but honeymoons are not meant to be shared with/enjoyed by the rest of the world. I do dearly love my own horses and think they are fantastic in their own right(s). I have been smiling and nodding (and will continue to do so), I was just hoping someone would reassure me that this prompting me to comment/compliment won't go on forever!

eta: mvp, I know you're acquainted with my big, brown horse, but not the grey mare nor my super fantastic little (also grey) baby. All three of those velvety noses I would happily worship as pasture ornaments until their dying days (maybe I'm just going soft in my "old" age). I've got a good crew. Believe it or not, the big guy is actually the BOSSMAN of the pasture now, I never thought I'd see that day!
    I can't believe Big Galoot is top dog. Good for him! I'm glad he feels so good about himself.

Back on topic: I have always thought that I should carry around a whole bunch of pictures of My Beloved. I haven't had this problem with other HOs, but with proud parents. If I was asked to look at too many pictures of their babies doing this-n-that, I'd subject them to *my* slide show of a horse doing.... pretty much nothing.

If they can't extrapolate from their boredom to mine, well....
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

Quote Originally Posted by mvp View Post
    I can't believe Big Galoot is top dog. Good for him! I'm glad he feels so good about himself.

Back on topic: I have always thought that I should carry around a whole bunch of pictures of My Beloved. I haven't had this problem with other HOs, but with proud parents. If I was asked to look at too many pictures of their babies doing this-n-that, I'd subject them to *my* slide show of a horse doing.... pretty much nothing.

If they can't extrapolate from their boredom to mine, well....
    I have a friend with his first grandkid.
    'Nuff said.

A friend worked on my computer when it was having trouble a couple of years ago and, looking at the picture folder, was laughing "it is all horses!"

the very worst sort are those who end up buying the perfect horse sight unseen off the internet and never fail to remind you of it every time you mention their horse
    One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well. - Virginia Woolf

Just smile and change the subject. It's kind of a first world problem as the horseworld goes.

You would prefer someone who bought a horse and then left it to rot? Because there are plenty of those.
    A helmet saved my life.

2014 goal: learn to ride like TheHorseProblem, er, a barn rat!