The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Geoff Teal Clinic

My daughter will be riding in his clinic and would like to know what to expect. Anyone taken a clinic with him? I really think that implementing clinics throughout a young riders career gives them a wealth of information. I have had people tell me that they'd rather spend their money showing then wasting it on clinics. I have to disagree.

I'm not totally certain but I *think* he was the clinician that wanted students to be able to change their stirrup lengths while cantering. Haha. Other than that I don't know much about him.

1 members found this post helpful.

12th floor of the Acme building in a city that knows how to keep it's secrets.

He's great. Very methodical. Listen carefully and try to do as asked. Be neat and clean. Two Ls in Teall.
    You will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training.

2 members found this post helpful.

Thanks for the feedback!

He was one of the clinicians at the TCP symposium I attended.

Very funny/sarcastic man. I really enjoyed auditing the clinic. Show up on time (which is 15 minutes early). Be attentive, try, and bring your sense of humor.

If you have money to show, you have money to go to a clinic here and there. I think clinics can actually be more useful than shows when you're trying to work through some schooling problems. Just research the clinician and make sure it'll be as positive an experience as possible.

2 members found this post helpful.

I have been to several of his clinics and he is excellent. I don't know your daughters age but tell her to pay attention. He has little patience for riders who do not watch the others go. He is professional but will not tolerate any BS. There was one young lady last year who got mad and he told her to leave the ring if she was going to let her emotions take over her riding. I suggest you read his book and you can watch video of his clinics on you tube to get a flavor for his style. I would consider attending his clinics; riding or auditing; to be time and money very well spent.

1 members found this post helpful.