The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Country justice - can't believe the one fellow tried to take out that thug w/ an oxygen tank... Sad and I hope they catch the SOB

Just horrible, hope he dies are miserable painful death..I know thats nice of me, but that is the truth.

Apparently he grew up and played in those people's back yard! I can't stop shaking my head at this.....and I have locked doors that aren't normally locked and have kept myself on edge and aware of my surroundings...
    Today 2 guys stopped in at the farm where I work looking for work and I was the only one there. Scared the ever living crap out of me....thank GOD I have a Great Dane and they were seemingly pretty darn afraid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by jse View Post
    Apparently he grew up and played in those people's back yard! I can't stop shaking my head at this.....and I have locked doors that aren't normally locked and have kept myself on edge and aware of my surroundings...
    Today 2 guys stopped in at the farm where I work looking for work and I was the only one there. Scared the ever living crap out of me....thank GOD I have a Great Dane and they were seemingly pretty darn afraid of him.
    Listen to your dogs. I really think they can sense evil intentions. My dachshunds are overly friendly but there was one sales person they really didn't like.....I have no idea if they were right but we didn't do business with him.

But yeah, my alarm system is armed and tested, and the shot gun and cell phone are handy. I miss my Pyr
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here

Turns out I know quite a bit of his family. The POS has spent more time in jail than out. He tied up that dear couple and beat them to death. I hope he gets shot by somebody and saves everybody the cost of a trial
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"

3 members found this post helpful.

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by carolprudm View Post
    Listen to your dogs. I really think they can sense evil intentions. My dachshunds are overly friendly but there was one sales person they really didn't like.....I have no idea if they were right but we didn't do business with him.

But yeah, my alarm system is armed and tested, and the shot gun and cell phone are handy. I miss my Pyr
    Dogs are such great alarm systems. Our old boy was the biggest softie and most passive dog anyone has ever met. He let the cats eat from his bowl, sleep in his bed, and would whimper whenever the cats fought. He'd wag his tail at a burglar. Once a bible salesman came to the door when only my mom and younger sister were home. Mom said Sawyer actually GROWLED and seemed to grow to twice his size. We have NEVER before or after heard this dog growl. Needless to say, "bible salesman" didn't even make it to the door. He turned and walked away, fast. Listen to your dog, always.
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

I agree, no reason in hell this man should have been anywhere but in prison.
    His initial crimes should have gotten him life w/o parole.

GAH--I'm right in downtown Fredericksburg so if he lives on Lafayette Blvd. that's way too close for comfort. This thread is the first I'd heard of any this. And it's just me here. Well, me and the cat . . . yikes.
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by carolprudm View Post

My dog is extremely sweet natured and for obvious reasons most are scared of him. And I'm ok with that....and I am more than happy to not say a word if someone weird/creepy asks if he bites or not. Not to mention when he barks...forget about it. If you're scared of dogs you'll be running faster than you can crap your pants!
    However, as nice as he is there have been some people who seem extremely normal to me in public and he will not let them within 2-5 feet of me and especially my son. He is not aggressive about it for the most part but will use his body and a deep growl (growls mostly at weird men) to keep them away. There have even been some women he is like that with....makes you wonder, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Windsor1 View Post
    GAH--I'm right in downtown Fredericksburg so if he lives on Lafayette Blvd. that's way too close for comfort. This thread is the first I'd heard of any this. And it's just me here. Well, me and the cat . . . yikes.
    Be careful!
    If you are very worried, stay with a friend, or family.
    Do check in here, OK?

Quote Originally Posted by skydy View Post
    Be careful!
    If you are very worried, stay with a friend, or family.
    Do check in here, OK?
    Awwww, thanks for your concern skydy! Much appreciated.

I was pretty freaked out reading this thread for the first time but feel better now. I did follow ShotenStar's advice and closed the blinds, which I ordinarily don't do because there's a wall around my building and no one ever walks past my windows.

Here's hoping they catch this scumbag sooner rather than later.
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Windsor1 View Post
    Awwww, thanks for your concern skydy! Much appreciated.

I was pretty freaked out reading this thread for the first time but feel better now. I did follow ShotenStar's advice and closed the blinds, which I ordinarily don't do because there's a wall around my building and no one ever walks past my windows.

Here's hoping they catch this scumbag sooner rather than later.
    Glad you are being vigilant!

I began a thread "If you need a good laugh" after coming back to this thread. You may have seen the site before, but just in case.. http://www4.ncsu.edu/~masupple/hillbilly/critique.html http://www4.ncsu.edu/~masupple/hillbilly/satellite.html

I find comfort , (especially when faced with the ugliest news of human nature), in humor.

Stay safe!

May be driving the murdered couple's red ford focus.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsmom View Post
    May be driving the murdered couple's red ford focus.
    According to the article in the newspaper linked in a previous post, the victims,Mr and Mrs Slack's, car has been recovered, so he won't be driving it..

Everyone make through the night alright? Did they find the little puke yet? I've been thinking "above ground compost" or "deep burial" I dunno what's y'alls preference? Just keepin" it horse related. . .
    RIP Kelly 1977-2007 "Wither thou goest, so shall I"

"To tilt when you should withdraw is Knightly too."

this is my cousin's neighborhood, i'm calling her to make sure she's aware. seh needs a dog on her rural property for sure.
    meanwhile, i must agree with someone who asked why this country lets predators like this go free when citizens who smoke marijuana are sitting in prison.
    it's a crazy world.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Eventer55 View Post
    Everyone make through the night alright? Did they find the little puke yet? I've been thinking "above ground compost" or "deep burial" I dunno what's y'alls preference? Just keepin" it horse related. . .
    The latest update I saw was late last night and he was still at large then.
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH

F rom Facebook/Fredericksburg.com Breaking ... John Wesley Jeffries was taken into custody in the Lafayette Boulevard area this afternoon, police sources say. More coming.

http://news.fredericksburg.com/newsd...rch-continues/
    Last edited by carolprudm; Feb. 27, 2013 at 04:37 PM.
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH

6 members found this post helpful.

1 members found this post helpful.

Great news!
    Please check in Windsor1..