The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

and what did you think of Michonne staying with Andrea? Holy cow! All I could think was, don't stand too close on the other side of that steel door!

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by threedogpack View Post
    and what did you think of Michonne staying with Andrea? Holy cow! All I could think was, don't stand too close on the other side of that steel door!
    Ha! I thought the same thing! That was the scene that made me teary-eyed...
    Proud member of the Colbert Dressage Nation

are we ever going to find out what the relationship was to the two dead zombies Michonne had with her were?

I am deeply depressed and will be until October. WAHHH!!

Have you West Coasters seen it yet? I'm dying to talk about it!
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

Well, shit, Andrea's dead. That's not really fair. And they brought the whole town back to the prison? But crazy ass Governor is out there with those two dumbasses with went WITH him after he slaughtered everyone!!!

dumbasses? I dunno, I think I would have shot him, but if I couldn't or didn't, I'd be afraid to NOT go with him!

Well, yeah they should have SHOT him!! How long is it going to take before he guns them down?? Or even worse, they steal away from him and he's STILL out there!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beentheredonethat View Post
    Well, yeah they should have SHOT him!! How long is it going to take before he guns them down?? Or even worse, they steal away from him and he's STILL out there!!
    I couldn't believe that Martinez rode in the back of that pickup and didn't shoot him! Cripes, talk about a perfect position!

You know a REALLY bad scenario? The two dudes that go with him turn like him, and they become a three nutbag killing group. Governor was just so animalistic he couldn't even speak anymore. He's just going to go around killing everything.

ALSO...why leave the trucks that have all the guns? I would have had the other two guys drive the other two trucks.

I was also thinking the same thing about Glen and Maggie really sucking at shooting. It's like they've been doing this for how long now? You would think they could hit something.

I also didn't think Andrea would get killed. They tried to spend all season making her less annoying (which didn't work) and then offed her. So did not see that one coming.

Michonne has hinted that the two guys she had on leashes deserved what was coming to them...so I'm imagining maybe family members or some relation that abused her in some way? Don't know if the comics make any mention of who they are.

I had not even thought about leaving the ammo behind. I would think that would be precious in post apocalypse zombie land!

also, how did the Governor get away from the Zombies Andrea set on him in the last episode? There were a lot of them and only one of him.

I think the Governor went so far off the edge he didn't even think about taking all of the ammo. (Maybe the people on the thread desperately looking for bullets can go check there!)

The guys Michonne had on the leash were her ex-boyfriends. I don't remember where I learned this, but they were bad. Maybe from the Talking Dead? which O'm watching now!

The Governor is badass--even with all of the walkers Anread set on him, he had a lot of ammo and a machete.

The guest on Talking Dead was talking about the possible hookup of Rick and Michonne in the scene where she's walking down the stairs. Maybe??

They were also talking about Carl going over the bend shooting the kid and why they would take the whole town, which seems to be all old people, into the prison. Carl is so far gone that the focus will be for Rick to turn him back into a human now.

Here are my thoughts from the episode:

The Governor is so far off the deep end. I knew he would do something completely insane but I didn't quite see that coming. I'm also not surprised by the ambiguous ending to his story. I don't think that's going to be the last we'll see of him.

I think that Rick needed to show his human side again to get rid of the visions of Lori. It was a big wake up call to him that his son is now killing without the threat of immediate danger. That said, that guy could've been trying to lead them into a trap. I'm guessing that they did go back for the weapons and vehicles from the slaughter site. They just didn't waste precious screen time showing it

In the comics, Michonne's walkers were her ex and I *think* her dad. It's been a while since I read the comics some I'm not 100% positive. I think it was fitting that she was with Andrea at the end. I saw the death of Andrea as immanent. Their "death theme" for the season seemed to be characters who were becoming more human and likable (Merle, Axel, Milton).

It's going to be a long 7 months until October
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

Quote Originally Posted by dani0303 View Post
    Here are my thoughts from the episode:

In the comics, Michonne's walkers were her ex and I *think* her dad. It's been a while since I read the comics some I'm not 100% positive. I think it was fitting that she was with Andrea at the end. I saw the death of Andrea as immanent. Their "death theme" for the season seemed to be characters who were becoming more human and likable (Merle, Axel, Milton).

It's going to be a long 7 months until October
    Of the three characters you mentioned, I have to admit I was the saddest about Milton. Andrea drove me nuts, and the only reason I wanted Merle around was because he meant so much to Darrel.

Someone on Talking Dead this season called Milton "Smithers", which I thought was extremely awesome. He finally manned up, but not in time.

I think the only time I teared up this season was when Rick found out that Lori was dead, man, he really sold it. That man is an excellent actor.

The only time I've bawled was when Dale died. I was seriously distraught over that. My favorite characters now are Darrel, Michonne and I'm growing very fond of Hershel.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".

Ding dong! Not sorry she's gone - I gather the show charactor wound up totally different from the graphic novel charactor. Yeah, yeah, yeah - tell us her motivations in the last two episodes rather than showing them all along.

Road trip with the Governor. Now that would be an interesting story. And wtf didn't Martinez and Other Guy waste him when he started shooting all the others? Let alone Allen/the last one he shot?
    Delicious strawberry flavored death!

I think the Governor simply went off the deep end when peopel began to question him, and the deep end has been coming for some time. I liked the opening scene with Milton when Milton asked what Penny would think of the "new" Phillip and Phillip answered "she would be afraid of me. But if I was this man back then, she'd be alive to be afraid of me" (or something like that). I also wasn't surprised by Martinez and the other guy leaving with him. Seems like Martinez's whole identity is wrapped up in being the Gov's henchman and a military "leader" in Woodbury - he's a nobody w/o the Governor. I actually thought they were going back to Woodbury...maybe Martinez did, too!

Where was the rest of the population of Woodbury? Didn't they have way more people?

I also thought Glenn and Maggie were terrible shots. And at such close range, too!

Karl is on the road to deep psychosis. On the one hand, Karl is right. Lots of things could have been prevented if people just killed certain people when they had the chance. And you really can't trust anyone. But he's losing all humanity and emotion, and I wouldnt' be surprised if he tries to kill his father in the future so he can be the leader and be included in all of the killing action. Must suck to grow up in a post-apocolyptic environment! (the kid does a great job in this part, btw!)

I'm liking Hershel more and more. He's not just the voice of reason and fountain of humanity, he's asserting himself alot more. I loved how he left out that highlighted passage in the bible for the Governor to find (and that the governor read it and threw the book on the ground). That made me laugh.

I don't want to wait until october!!!!
    Proud member of the Colbert Dressage Nation

Quote Originally Posted by J-Lu View Post
    Milton asked what Penny would think of the "new" Phillip and Phillip answered "she would be afraid of me. But if I was this man back then, she'd be alive to be afraid of me" (or something like that).
    I thought that was a great couple of lines. And I was surprised that Milton said that to him.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Lu View Post
    Karl is on the road to deep psychosis. On the one hand, Karl is right. Lots of things could have been prevented if people just killed certain people when they had the chance. And you really can't trust anyone. But he's losing all humanity and emotion, and I wouldnt' be surprised if he tries to kill his father in the future so he can be the leader and be included in all of the killing action.
    or just because he thinks his father is too soft. But either way, I think Karl is such an angry young man it will make him dangerous.

I'm liking Hershel more and more. He's not just the voice of reason and fountain of humanity, he's asserting himself alot more. I loved how he left out that highlighted passage in the bible for the Governor to find (and that the governor read it and threw the book on the ground). That made me laugh.
    I think Hershel (love the name too) has always been the voice of reason, but it has changed and morphed as his character has developed and he no longer thinks the zombies can be saved. I also laughed at the highlighted passage, talk about passive aggressive!

I thought the whole time the Gov and his crew were working their way inside the prison that someone, somewhere would sneak up in back of them and lock them in. I also thought they were further in than they were when the flash bangs went off.

oh....and the clink of the empty shell hitting the ground after Andrea shot herself....that was pure drama. Great touch.