The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Andrea is still alive in the comics so I doubt they will kill her off. Then again, Dale wasn't supposed to die until much much later, so who knows what they are going to do.
    Some of the other characters are composites of different people (some dead), but she's not. The stuff with the Governor does not happen and she's pretty kick ass in the comic. I don't know why she's so awful in the show.
    You are what you dare.

Andrea is going to get free, I agree that Milton will do it but I think Morgan will kill the Gov. Otherwise, why would they have brought him back for just one episode? And as for Merle dying, he HAD to so Darryl could get on with is life. I felt bad for Darryl. How many main characters have had to kill family? Carl killed Lori, Andrea killed her sister, Darryl killed his brother, am I forgetting anyone?

I saw the interview with the guy who plays Morgan, who's British, and I don't know he'll be back. They were talking about how they loved him, but he's in so much demand, they couldn't get him back until this episode. And, this was not the only movie he was making this year.

I think Merle was turning the corner into human. He and Michonne were getting along. He COULD have become a real human. And he died a hero, and no one knows.

Morgan finally killed his wife, after she killed their son (as a zombie.)

1 members found this post helpful.

I wish they'd killed Andrea instead of Merle. I think I just like the actor better than the actress (who takes herself way too seriously).
    Delicious strawberry flavored death!

Quote Originally Posted by mercedespony View Post
    Well, she's in a pickle now, isn't she.
    Perfect opportunity to write her out of the show - would the group really accept her back now, after so much time with the Governor?
    I almost cried when they knocked out Merle.
    Yes, she is in a pickle now, isn't she!!! I saw her on the Talking Dead, which airs right after the Walking Dead, and she mentioned that there were some key moments cut out of the scenes where Rick and the Governor were talking and she, Daryl and Hershel were outside. When she was talking with Hershel alone, her character suggested to Hershel that she had to go back with the Governor to Woodberry in order to "end it" (or something like that) and Hershel suggested that she needed to do that, but the scene was cut from the show. There was another scene in that episode that added a little depth to her character that was also cut, according to the actress. She has always annoyed me as a character but I kind of hope they do something with her. I'd love to see more about the history of her and Michone. I also can't see how far the story arch with the Governor could continue much without Andrea - now that Merle's dead she's the only glue that connects the storyline of the prison and Woodberry. That said, I'm ready for that storyline to come to an end. I was also sad when Merle was killed, and I do think he was coming around a bit, but I also think his character would never really fit in anywhere. He did torture and try to kill Maggie and Glenn, he did try to kill Michone, he did kill that kid in the woods when Michone got away...he could never be trusted no matter how they attempted to redeem his character. Milton - I think there's hope for this character but I can also see him *almost* stepping to the plate and then wimping out at the last minute. or becoming a martyr. I guess we'll find out soon!
    Proud member of the Colbert Dressage Nation

Season Finale tonight!
    I'm leaving my family's Easter dinner tonight early, lol.

I know. I'm way too excited. I've been watching the non-stop reruns all weel. My SO keeps asking me WHAT I'm watching. Zombies!!

Anyone want to talk about how you can manage to figure out the logistics of the zombies? I have noticed they were faster in the earlier seasons. They amble much slower now, I guess because they've been dead awhile. But even when Merle was freshly dead, he was weak when he attacked Daryl.

And HOW can they have blood? WHERE do you get all that liquid from when you've been dead a week to three years and are missing major body parts? And HOW are the bones so fragile that you can stomp on a skull and break it? If it's from age, wouldn't the whole bone structure of the body just break? How HOW do they have such a good sense of smell and hearing when, well, they've been dead and the body parts are rotted away?

I just need to know. It's important to have some kind of reasoning how this could be.

Things not making sense is one of the biggest weaknesses of the show. Characters act in really stupid ways and no one seems to really learn/remember anything when it comes to the zombies. At least they haven't turned the zombies into sprinters ala Dawn of the Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Beentheredonethat View Post
    I know. I'm way too excited. I've been watching the non-stop reruns all weel. My SO keeps asking me WHAT I'm watching. Zombies!!

Anyone want to talk about how you can manage to figure out the logistics of the zombies? I have noticed they were faster in the earlier seasons. They amble much slower now, I guess because they've been dead awhile. But even when Merle was freshly dead, he was weak when he attacked Daryl.

And HOW can they have blood? WHERE do you get all that liquid from when you've been dead a week to three years and are missing major body parts? And HOW are the bones so fragile that you can stomp on a skull and break it? If it's from age, wouldn't the whole bone structure of the body just break? How HOW do they have such a good sense of smell and hearing when, well, they've been dead and the body parts are rotted away?

I just need to know. It's important to have some kind of reasoning how this could be.
    I think you are overthinking the zombie thing. They're clearly not "dead" as we know "dead". Their cells seem to be somehow "alive". Otherwise, they wouldn't be able to balance walking upright. One leg wouldn't go in front of the other, and they wouldn't be able to grasp anything, if they didn't have some muscle and neuron activity. Plus, they seem to have a metabolism and a need to eat food. I think of them as people with severe, severe lobotomies - working on a brainstem level.

Well. That was unexpected!!

No kidding! I got teary at the end.

I SO did not think Andrea would die in this episode!

I cannot believe it is over until October!
    Impossible is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Lu View Post
    I think you are overthinking the zombie thing. They're clearly not "dead" as we know "dead". Their cells seem to be somehow "alive". Otherwise, they wouldn't be able to balance walking upright. One leg wouldn't go in front of the other, and they wouldn't be able to grasp anything, if they didn't have some muscle and neuron activity. Plus, they seem to have a metabolism and a need to eat food. I think of them as people with severe, severe lobotomies - working on a brainstem level.
    MAn, you guys! West coast hasn't seen it.

Well, obviously the zombie thin requires a lot of ignoring, BUT, if they're alive, how can they live without eating or drinking for weeks or years? They obviously aren't eating much, as there aren't that many humans left, and some have obviously been sitting there for a long time, like in the prison, yet can still move. What energy is allowing them to move? Stand upright? And I SO have a problem with all of that pumping blood.

WHERE is the Governor????

OK, I am not going to open this anymore until I see it. We have two hours to go easties!

I have to admit that I'm bummed. I wanted Milton to save Andrea and both get out.

I am going to slap Carl soon. Kid is getting on my nerves
    "People who think their brains are not worth protecting are probably right!"
    - quoted by Martha Drum

Quote Originally Posted by Beentheredonethat View Post
    MAn, you guys! West coast hasn't seen it.

Well, obviously the zombie thin requires a lot of ignoring, BUT, if they're alive, how can they live without eating or drinking for weeks or years? They obviously aren't eating much, as there aren't that many humans left, and some have obviously been sitting there for a long time, like in the prison, yet can still move. What energy is allowing them to move? Stand upright? And I SO have a problem with all of that pumping blood.
    OK, I think metabolism becomes extremely slow with zombification, which is why they move so slowly. I think the longer they go without eating, the slower they get. I actually think there'll come a time when they die of hunger but it takes a long time. It seems like these local zombies are still finding people to eat, and I bet they also eat animals/livestock that might be confined and/or starting to starve themselves. So I don't think as a population they're yet "starving to death". I pin it on low metabolism. My zombie hypothesis.

Quote Originally Posted by threedogpack View Post
    WHERE is the Governor????
    I know!