The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Cruising out of Port Canaveral - where to stay night before with no car?

Hi all!

I am cruising out of Port Canaveral in a few weeks and have yet to make any arrangements for my pre-cruise stay. I fly into Orlando. I don't want to have to rent a car. So...I am thinking shuttle/taxi over to either Cocoa Beach or Port Canaveral and then another taxi to the ship, yes/no??? I am actaully arriving on Friday and don't leave port until Sunday. Have been to Cocoa Beach before and loved it. Have done the Orlando thing so don't need to do that. Would love to hang out on the beach and read and body surf all day Saturday. What is good and CHEAP and my best plan? Thanks!!!

bumping this up for you, as I know we have CoTHers in that area. Moody I think is over there as well as Curb Appeal.

Hmm, the radisson right there by the port is actually pretty decent, but I think it's a bit pricey. I usually refer people to the best western at the pier, but it's a decent taxi ride from the port. On the other hand, it's a good price for a motel right on the beach! My two favorites, though, are the Surf Studio way down in Cocoa Beach, or Anthony's on the Beach just North of Patrick AFB. Both are small, relatively cheap privately owned beachfront hotels with nice owners. They are both a fair taxi ride from the port, but are quiet, and closer to the Cocoa Beach nightlife. If you're planning on staying IN cocoa beach for a day or so I'd stay at the Surf Studio, personally.

Thatmoody, what is that nice pinkish colored motel at Port Canaveral? I stayed there with a friend when i bought Cloudy, and I stayed there each time I went down to visit him on weekend until I brought him to GA.

That motel is nice, and is safe. Lots of people who were going on cruises stayed there. And I think there was transportation to the ships from there.