The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Dressage Wellington March 8,9,10

I'm heading to Florida and will be there March 7 - 10 in Wellington/Palm Beach area. Can anyone recommend any Dressage events going on that weekend, clinics to audit - shows to watch?

Also am tack shopping so any ideas of great tack shops or consignment would be greatly appreciated!

Wellington Classic Show is at Jim Brandon that weekend. Website is www.wellingtonclassicdressage.com

On Course Consignment is Wellington's consignment store. It's in the shopping center at the corner of Forest Hill and Wellington Trace.

Have fun!

Don't know if you are all followng this:

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...g-EHV-1-at-WEF

Unhappy

I am currently in Wellington and so I am of course following what is going on.

It remains to be seen how any of it will play out, but the current outbreak is in the GP Village and the FEI barn is closed. Probably a good 5-8 miles separates Jim Brandon and the PBIEC, so that should help, and since the competition at Jim Brandon is not til next weekend it will all hopefully be sorted out by then. The whole thing is very scary, though.

Not sure what's going on dressage-wise, but you'll definitely want to to stop at the Tackeria, plus check out all the vendors @ PBIEC. There's also a nice tack/consignment shop called Silver Spur (I don't remember exactly where it is, though--??). There is a new dressage complex right down the road from PBIEC, but I don't know if there's anything going on there (I would *guess* though). Have fun-- Wellyworld is awesome!

Frizzle, there will be vendors at Jim Brandon during the show next weekend. Global, the new facility that's across South Shore from The Tackeria, will likely be quiet since the show is at Jim Brandon

The Global Dressage Festival is just down the street from WEF, but the CDI isn't until March 14-17. I don't think there's anything going on there March 8-10.