The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default new show shirt?

i saw riders down at wef wearing these show shirts that i am now obsessed with! lol

basically, they are wrap collar. the buttons only go part way down, (which i know where to find these) BUT, much like the ESI sunshirts, they had the mesh on the inside of the sleeve...if that makes sense? do you know where i can find one?

much appriciated!! :-)

maybe the Le Fash ones? or the Essex talent yearn?
    My Horse Show Photography/ Blog

Romfh makes one like that. Course they're not outrageously priced so I doubt that's what you saw
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

3 members found this post helpful.

I have several of the Romfh ones (http://www.equinenow.com/store-item-124072) and saw them on a bunch of other (BNT) folks in the GP walks throughout the end of last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWjumper View Post
    I have several of the Romfh ones (http://www.equinenow.com/store-item-124072) and saw them on a bunch of other (BNT) folks in the GP walks throughout the end of last summer.
    I love mine!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

The new Essex talent yarn shirt is what came to my mind.

Could it be an Éce shirt? Those are mesh and have buttons partway down... Could also be Le Fash
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

Essex Talent Yarn! Awesome shirts. The Farm House has them.
    Athletic Horses. Educated Riders.
    www.Ride-With-Confidence.com

The Ece and Essex Talent Yarn shirts don't have mesh, do they? I have a Le Fash shirt and it's really nice, but the material on the sides is bamboo, not mesh. And the Ece Shirts look like they're a solid fabric as well.

The only ones I've seen with actual mesh are the Romfh shirts. I'm interested in hearing what the OP has to say, though, because I'd love to know if there are more than just the Romfh ones that I could be looking for (Me? A problem? Naaawwww ). The mesh panels are AWESOME in the hot weather and I wish that more companies would pick up on the trend.

The Essex Talent Yarn shirts are entirely a very fine, silky mesh... the whole shirt is covered in teeny-tiny holes.
    Athletic Horses. Educated Riders.
    www.Ride-With-Confidence.com

Ahhh, the Essex Talent Yarn are awesome...I already have a few. You can find where to buy them by inputting your state below.

http://www.essexclassics.com/stores.php

However, my one issue...Has anyone else noticed that they don't seem to be as white after washing but you can't really bleach due to the colors inside the collar and cuffs? Any suggestions?

I'm curious, are the Essex and Ece shirts mesh or are they one of the newer/nicer technical fabrics?

My Romfh shirts have parts that are literally mesh (and see-through, as mesh is) along the insides of the arms and then 3/4 of the shirt is a holey technical fabric (also super light, but not what I would consider mesh). From looking at the online descriptions it looks like that's what these other shirts are. I wouldn't think you'd be able to make a whole shirt out of mesh because it would be too see-through.

Sorry if I sound like a broken record, but I'm really curious about whether there are even better shirts to wear under a hunt coat in hot weather. The Romfh are the best I've found because that mesh is like having nothing on under your coat, and feel about the same as my short sleeved show shirts. And they're the only ones I've seen with real mesh (i.e. completely see-through).

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWjumper View Post
    I'm curious, are the Essex and Ece shirts mesh or are they one of the newer/nicer technical fabrics?

My Romfh shirts have parts that are literally mesh (and see-through, as mesh is) along the insides of the arms and then 3/4 of the shirt is a holey technical fabric (also super light, but not what I would consider mesh). From looking at the online descriptions it looks like that's what these other shirts are. I wouldn't think you'd be able to make a whole shirt out of mesh because it would be too see-through.

Sorry if I sound like a broken record, but I'm really curious about whether there are even better shirts to wear under a hunt coat in hot weather. The Romfh are the best I've found because that mesh is like having nothing on under your coat, and feel about the same as my short sleeved show shirts. And they're the only ones I've seen with real mesh (i.e. completely see-through).
    Maybe mesh wasn't quite the right word... there are small holes throughout the fabric on Éce shirts, they're made out of wicking technical fabric.
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

I believe some FITS show shirts have the mesh underarm.
    "For by the love that guides my pen, I know great horses live again."

This is a brand new shirt from Essex. We are already on our second shipment of them. It's both a technical shirt and show shirt. Runs XS-XL. They do run a bit on the smaller size. RJ Classics has them as well. You will love them! Dana Miller-Chagrin Saddlery.

What is the fit like with the essex talent yarn shirts? I wear a 34 in regular essex show shirts and can't decide if I would need a small or medium in the talent yarn shirt.

Former Long Islander now in the middle of the Great Lakes

I'm sorry but this Stretchy , techno , zippered , lowrise,machine washable , disposable world is just to much for me. Where is the tradition??? When did well fitting, beautifully tailored Show clothes become obsolete? These new fangled clingy, stretch, thin as a tissue, "Hunt Coats" sent me over the edge.. after trying to fit a legitimate size 2 rider in a GP or RJ model this last week I gave up , I protest , bring on the rust breeches, Van Teal cotton Shirts , and Dehners with no zippers. I make one concession, The newer light weight wool hunt coats , still beautifully tailored.

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Quote Originally Posted by MIKES MCS View Post
    I'm sorry but this Stretchy , techno , zippered , lowrise,machine washable , disposable world is just to much for me. Where is the tradition??? When did well fitting, beautifully tailored Show clothes become obsolete? These new fangled clingy, stretch, thin as a tissue, "Hunt Coats" sent me over the edge.. after trying to fit a legitimate size 2 rider in a GP or RJ model this last week I gave up , I protest , bring on the rust breeches, Van Teal cotton Shirts , and Dehners with no zippers. I make one concession, The newer light weight wool hunt coats , still beautifully tailored.
    My horse is an athlete. I manage his fitness and yes, his attire, carefully, to maintain his ability to perform at his top potential. I am an athlete. I manage my own fitness to perform. And just like my horse has a well-fitting saddle that doesn't interfere with his ability to move freely, I embrace technical fabrics that take into account that we are competing in a sport where it would not be ideal if we passed out due to heat stroke and fell off the sides of our horses.

The stretchy panels in my hunt coat saved me a serious tailoring bill to accommodate my linebacker shoulders. The technical fabrics in my breeches and my ratcatcher keep me cool. And I like being able to wash my breeches and saving money- not to mention being environmentally friendly- by avoiding dry cleaning.

I am not going to be the fool who rides in a wool coat and cotton shirt when it's 100 degrees in the shade. I think we can honor the traditions that we came from while still respecting the fact that we're athletes.

And those Romfh shirts look like a great idea.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

6 members found this post helpful.

Former Long Islander now in the middle of the Great Lakes

OMG'd , where is the tongue in cheek du dad when you need it !

1 members found this post helpful.

Anyone know where other than smartpak you can order the Essex yarn shirts, they're sold out in my size.
    Honestly in the 90+ heat it can hit at Tennessee shows (Brownland is literally the pits of hell sometimes), I'm fully involved with the soft shell, mesh, technical trends. In the winter, bring on the warmer coats and jackets, but no thanks in the summer. Also I like to be able to machine wash my things.
    .אני יכול לעשות הכל על ידי אלוהים