The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Zenni Optical

Anyone order from Zenni Optical?

I need a back up pair in case I break mine falling off my horse (it happens, what?) and I'd like to try them out.

Any suggestions on the lense index?

They suggest that I get the 1.67 high index single vision which is $34.95, would I be ok going with the $19.95 1.61 high index single vision?

Can't comment on the specifics, but ExSO ordered most of his glasses from them. He's even had cataract surgery, and thought Zenni was da bomb... Ordered some driving glasses for me as well, and they weren't bad.

Since then, however, I've ordered mine from Target. Discounted with AAA! And often two for one sales. I tend to lose my glasses, so I stock up.
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

Been ordering my progressive lens glasses from Zenni for years with great success.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

1 members found this post helpful.

[QUOTE=enjoytheride;6854929]Anyone order from Zenni Optical?
    QUOTE]

I have 5 pairs ordered over the course of the last 2 years, and love the price/value/selection of Zenni Optical!!

My family all order their glasses on-line, and now the folks at my office are using Zenni too!

My biggest challenge was getting the PD (pupillary distance) reading from my current prescription. Once I had the correct number, the glasses have been comfortable - no complaints!
    Inese

I have my Zenni Optical glass on right this minute. I got a pair of titanium frames, single vision with anti glare for under $50.00 including shipping. Can't beat it. I had a problem with a pair and they replaced them at no charge to me.

timely thread... meant to ask what the place was called...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Based on lots of COTH recommendations, I ordered two pairs last week - after the optical shop at my eye doctor quoted me $750 for ONE pair of progressive bifocals!! WTF, seriously? I ordered a pair of progressives AND a pair of single-vision from Zenni for less than $200. They had a question on my rx and emailed me right away - very pleased with their communication. Hopefully will get them this week and I will report back!

Edit: Regarding the index, that's how thin the lenses are. The higher the number, the thinner they are. I have a REALLY thick rx and always go with the highest they have. There is now a 1.74 index lens! But I couldn't get it with the progressive ones, so I got the 1.67.
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

I am wearing my superfly Zennis right now! I order them like candy, I need a pair for each purse and pair of shoes right ? I think I'll go get some new ones right now! I have a really strong prescription and they are perfect every time.

This is my favorite pair--

http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/a...y/IMAG1390.jpg
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

Another Zenni fan here!! Since the age of 10, every time I fell off a horse, I was just praying I didn't bust my glasses. If you are unsure, you can get a basic pair for less than $20, including shipping.

You will LOVE them. You will be easily addicted. You will fall asleep in them and order extra pairs you can fall asleep in without caring if they get busted. You will be very happy.

If my progressives and single-distance ones come out well, I am going right back and ordering rx sunglasses. I bought super-expensive rx sunglasses last year and HATE them. I don't know what I was thinking, but they are ugly, heavy, and just don't fit me. I might as well have torn up $300 and flushed it down the toilet. If I get good results from Zenni, those sunglasses are going right into the Lions Club donation box at the library!
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

I love Zenni ! I got my glasses at the optical shop ( progressive trifocals, $546 ), ran right home and ordered my rx sunglasses from Zenni ( $48 ) The sunglasses are awesome and in fact, better than the expensive optical shop ones. I always have to have an extra pair "because" so I'm ordering the spare pair now.
    "I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you..."

love zenni!

A co-worker uses Zenni for all of his family's glasses and he's very happy with them.

I use http://www.eyebuydirect.com and have been thrilled with the prices and quality. I have several pairs of reading and distance glasses, both tinted and not for less than the cost of one ugly pair from a regular optical store. If you use eyebuydirect, enter this code- IFJB6J3456. You get 15% off and I get a $10 credit off my next purchase.
    I'm not sure I'd use an online place for progressives or bifocals, but for single vision glasses I think they're awesome.

I gave used them many times. I have ordered about five lots of about five glasses at a time. For straight glasses you can get a pair for $10. For bifocal no line with all of the bells and whistles, about $40. I have bifocal sunglasses, too because I found I can't stand the ones that change in the light.

I have a couple pair at school, 3 or 4 in the car, and 3 or 4 at home, and some old ones for emergencies. I usually get five pair for about $200.

The only issue is knowing which ones you really like. It helps because you can download your picture now and "try" them on, but ou never really know until you get them. The "ugly" ones are for home or barn use. And they keep track of what you've ordered before, so you can order the ones you like next time.

I have bought from Zenni for a few years now and have never been disappointed. I convinced my father to try Zenni - he has a strong prescription with bifocals, and even with coverage from his work he was still paying $4-600 for one pair of glasses. He spent $200 and got three pairs of glasses. When he last went to the eye doctor, they railed on him for purchasing 'cheap glasses', but then had to admit the quality was perfect.

Super happy Zenni customer.
    Equine Web Design http://www.tbconnect.net | Kingsgate Stud home of Legal Jousting (IRE)