The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Thoroughbred Cross - Help!

I have a lovely OTTB mare that I am looking to send through inspection this spring/summer in either RPSI or ISR with the intention of potentially breeding her in the near future. The goal would be to produce a dressage suitable sport horse. She is a good size mare (16.2+), with a big canter with a lot of jump, and a good walk. Her trot is a less rangey. She has a long back, neck, and legs, but her neck is set fairly high. She is elegant and very feminine looking. She a Trail City mare, and is very quiet and sweet, even a bit lazy. I'll have to find a good picture of her for reference. I was wondering what kind of success people have had crossing warmbloods with thoroughbreds, and what specific bloodlines and stallions I should look into. Thanks!

You might want to peruse top 10 horses for each inspection year. At least some of the registries post them and the pedigree. Pictures are somewhat harder to come by for the mares, perhaps if you go to the breeder's website. Stallions should be found on the registry's site or their advert. pages.

It takes a long time to learn pedigrees, and how they nick, esp. across "breeds".
    Horses should be trained in such a way that they not only love their riders, but look forward to the time they are with them.
    ~ Xenophon, 350 B.C.