The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default TuffRider Bamboo Plaid Full Seat Breeches?

I actually saw these on Pinterest (it was snowing today and I really didn't feel like freezing my butt off at the barn ) and didn't know if anyone had had them. I fell in love w/ the plaid, but I've never had anything Tuffrider and the other pair of bamboo breeches I had had no stretch to them and were awful! But like I said, I'm OBSESSED with the plaid! Also, how do they run size wise? Thanks in advance!

The one pair of tuff riders full seats I bought were junk. I may have had a dud pair, but I washed them one time and the snap broke. Maybe others have had better luck.

they run small and have very little stretch. i'm not happy with mine...they look cute but ride awful!

I ordered a pair of TuffRiders online a few years ago and they were so awful I never even rode in them. I didn't return them for some reason (probably laziness) and sometimes I find them when going through my closet and think "how bad could they be?" and try them on only to remember exactly why I have never worn them. The fabric and cut are just awful. This particular model was a very saucy "summer" breech that looks like body paint.

Ok, so I guess I'll have to find another pair in a similar plaid! Thank you guys for the advice-- I'm glad I saved my money and didn't get them!

I will echo those above and add that the bamboo wore out suuuuper fast for me. Never again.

yep same here, I love Tuffrider but the bambo had NO stretch

Every single pair of Tuff Rider's I have bought or students have bought tear at the seams. Not worth it!

For what it's worth, Horze has some really pretty plaid patterns, and everyone on COTH who has ordered their breeches has been pleased with them, for the most part.

I know I have four pairs (three in plaid, 'cause I'm a plaid lover!) of the Active ones, and I am absolutely in love with them. Thick but stretchy material, most flattering breeches I've ever worn.

Call me crotchity, but I DO NOT LIKE the low rise style. I was fliipping through HORZE in search of something with a real waist, and I found these:
    http://www.horze.com/Horze-Dara-Wome...,en_US,pd.html

WTF??? This looks like a corset - which admittedly may help my tendency to slouch, and yes it may contain some of the over-50 jiggles, and actually it may stop 'the girls' from sagging even lower, but really...........

Open to suggestions of real waist, not too expensive breeches for every day use.
    We don't get less brave; we get a bigger sense of self-preservation........

To add to the general FYI in this thread...bamboo is just a fancy marketing name for rayon.
    http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles...bamboo-fabrics

an innovation which incorporates lycra to give you a great looking, earth-friendly garment

I tried on a pair of Horze breeches and they just didn't fit. The body fit, but the waist gaped. I am a very regular fit generally, so it made me nervous to pay to ship a different style to find the same problem. It makes me a little sad because some are very cute..

I ordered Horze breeches, have to look at the tag at which kind, and was highly disappointed in them They didn't come close to fitting, and they were super thick and cottony like. Yuck.

Good to know about Bamboo!

Okay there is a lot of Tuffrider bashing on this thread but I love my comfort waist, which just means wide waist band, ribbed full seats they retain their shape so nicely and are wash and wear.
    --Luck is what happens when preparedness meets opportunity--

I saw a pair of Horze breeches I thought looked nice on the website. The Grand Prix ones maybe in like a tan pinstripe or herringbone with brown seat? Good to know they don't fit well! I'll keep just buying Cavallo and Pikeur on super sales.