The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Fashion Advice Please for the Jumper Ring

I already own two hunt jackets that look fine for hunters. I'm getting back into showing jumpers this spring and really want something different. Without spending $600plus dollars for jacket, what do you think about this one? I like the black best.

http://www.horseloverz.com/Show-Coat...Show-Coat.html

I have a grey Charles Owen Wellington Classic helmet. (I can't warm up to the modern style helmets) http://www.doversaddlery.com/charles...FUVN4AodvXMADw

Thanks in advance from a fashion clueless rider

If you want to be fashionable in the jumper ring... leave the jumps up... other than that, I agree with you about the helmets.

8 members found this post helpful.

I plan on leaving the jumps lol. I just don't want to look out of place, its been awhile since I showed jumpers.

Do they even require coats at the level(s) you'll be showing at? If not, just do a polo shirt. So much cheaper and more versatile. And you won't feel bad about replacing them next season.

I wear the same coats in jumpers as I used to in the hunters and equitation (black and deep navy) and a white shirt. I wear a CO black Wellington Pro. You won't look out of place. If you want maybe just get your tailor to replace your buttons and add some custom piping to your color. My horse wears a dark navy bonnet with silver and gold trim, white square pad, leather open fronts and ankle boots.
    There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the
    inside of a man.

-Sir Winston Churchill

1 members found this post helpful.

Keep in mind this is purely fashion advice not based on safety or anything in between.

The jacket looks fine, the helmet would make me raise a brow. I say get used to the "modern style helmets". If you're looking for fashion advice for the jumper ring, one should be open to suggestions on fashion advice for the jumper ring. I say lose the helmet and get something that you dislike. Ha Ha, slightly kidding, it's all about fashion so much of the time, safety, who needs that?

We used to wear these:
    http://www.thefashionpolice.net/wp-c...a-leggings.jpg

I wonder how many people tried to refuse wearing the trend that was next. I also loved sleeping in my crib and begged and pleaded that my parents let me have it another year. Eventually it just became weird and I had to accept the fact that what was new was uncomfortable, because it was unknown, was a little less embarrassing. But now i've been happy in a big gear bed for years. It also looks pretty cool too.

Where I am most of the jumpers just show in a tech polo shirt. No jackets at all.

Thanks all

I'd just get a new helmet... You can still get a conservative helmet, but black is more expected. However, if you'd just like to shop and have a little fun with it, I say go for a new style jacket! Nothing wrong with some retail therapy
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.