The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Kentucky goes backwards - not surprising

http://www.wlky.com/news/local-news/...z/-/index.html

OMG. Back to the wild, wild west.

Can I now carry my gun into the airport too?

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytbs View Post

OMG. Back to the wild, wild west.

Can I now carry my gun into the airport too?
    just fly frontier airlines

by the way the article is a little misleading as in the first page it gave the implication that people were just walking right into public buildings armed to the teeth.... last page it says no one has enter the building with a fire arm yet... nearly two months after it was OK

3 members found this post helpful.

That's because this bill was passed under the radar. It just now was discovered by the media.

Our mayor is NOT happy about the bill, especially since those 'public buildings' include libraries and such. Also public transportation which has prohibited guns forever.

I haven't yet looked at the language, but they better have it written as in 'no guns on school property' rather than just schools, as a school bus is not part of a school, but is school property.

I like it! Proud to live in Kentucky

12 members found this post helpful.

I was just wondering, what is the unarmed guard supposed to do when a person was to come into the building with intent to do harm...oh you must walk through the metal detector, and please hand me your gun as there is a law (or was a law) that you cannot bring a gun in this building.

Quote Originally Posted by clanter View Post
    I was just wondering, what is the unarmed guard supposed to do when a person was to come into the building with intent to do harm...oh you must walk through the metal detector, and please hand me your gun as there is a law (or was a law) that you cannot bring a gun in this building.
    "And I (who is doing this job totally unarmed) will give you the gun back as soon as you have passed through the metal detector, because you are now allowed to carry a gun in this building. But not a knife, you need to leave the knife outside."

Quote Originally Posted by Dance_To_Oblivion View Post
    I like it! Proud to live in Kentucky
    We'll see how you feel when you take your kids to a public park, library or swimming pool and some goof ball hick feels the need to walk around armed.

Back in the day in AZ I carried a gun in public, it was quite common in the boonies. However we have evolved - or should have - to act at least as mature and professional as we want to be viewed. Even more so in KY which has a worldwide reputation of being backwoods to start with.

Yeah, but can you drink a 64 oz can of soda, smoke a cigarette in a park or consume more salt than allowed? Come visit the nanny state and become "evolved". /s

5 members found this post helpful.

Our mayor is NOT happy about the bill,
    Too bad so sad! He can be NOT happy all day long LOL!! When you lose politically, ya gotta suck it up there big boy.

Which city is this, KY is on my "places I would like to live eventually", I'll avoid it (please don't say Lexington, please don't say Lexington) or...help fund his political opponent in the next race if I move there
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

I love it when folks feel like they are the arbiters of progress. One persons evolved is another persons devolved...the arrogance.

One person, one vote. (Unless you are in Chicago or Detroit evidently). If you don't like the new law, vote them out next time.

I'd live in KY in a heartbeat.

11 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Chall View Post
    Yeah, but can you drink a 64 oz can of soda, smoke a cigarette in a park or consume more salt than allowed? Come visit the nanny state and become "evolved". /s
    LOL, smoking in public places is not allowed. Neither is smoking in restaurants.
    And some KY counties are dry......

LOL, smoking in public places is not allowed. Neither is smoking in restaurants.
    And some KY counties are dry......
    Where I live, many counties are dry, which gets us a drunken driver problem, people then driving to and from the few where they can buy alcohol.

Unintended consequences and bullheadedness prevail, all keep voting dry, so nothing changes.

4 members found this post helpful.

We'll see how you feel when you take your kids to a public park, library or swimming pool and some goof ball hick feels the need to walk around armed.

Back in the day in AZ I carried a gun in public, it was quite common in the boonies. However we have evolved - or should have - to act at least as mature and professional as we want to be viewed. Even more so in KY which has a worldwide reputation of being backwoods to start with.
    I do not have kids but even if I did they would probably be pretty used to guns. I carry a gun most days on my farm, my husband is a federal agent and carries a gun for a living. Like I said, proud to live in Kentucky!

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Chall View Post
    Try buying Sudafed in KY, that's good for a chuckle or a drink in many counties.
    Join the Clinton 2016 campaign...Hillary For America. https://www.hillaryclinton.com/

Do I understand this right? The Metro Hall is a government complex?

is it a court house?

Quote Originally Posted by Dance_To_Oblivion View Post
    I do not have kids but even if I did they would probably be pretty used to guns. I carry a gun most days on my farm, my husband is a federal agent and carries a gun for a living. Like I said, proud to live in Kentucky!
    I looked at a farm in Harrodsburg. Why do you think it's necessary to carry a gun? Just curious.
    Join the Clinton 2016 campaign...Hillary For America. https://www.hillaryclinton.com/

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    I looked at a farm in Harrodsburg. Why do you think it's necessary to carry a gun? Just curious.
    I have chickens and sheep in addition to horses and there are coyotes, random dogs, chicken eating things like raccoons and possums. I am also in a very rural area (Harrodsburg address but 25 minutes out of town) and frequently alone so I don't see any reason not to carry a gun.

My problem us not with people carrying a gun, it's where they are carrying it.

In my neighborhood there is this guy who has a 10 x 6 foot confederate flag flying in the bed of his pickup and several shotguns hanging in a rack in the truck's back window.
    I have absolutely no problem with that. Actually makes me grin seeing him. More power to him for being able to express himself.

But, there is NO reason to allow guns in the Capital Building, County Buildings, the Assessor's office and the list is long.
    Don't know if this would now also apply to police stations.

IMO this is can very well create some undesirable situations and just to prove that KY is gun friendly, passing such a law is childish.

But heck, we already have to deal with Mitch McConnell who is the laughing stock of the nation.......

Quote Originally Posted by threedogpack View Post
    Do I understand this right? The Metro Hall is a government complex?
    The Metro Hall is where the Louisville Government is housed.