The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by cranky View Post
    I love the delusions of grandeur too, "Aspiring record mogul". Indeed. How about starting with a J-O-B?
    I didn't click on the article. Is he an aspiring record mogul for rap "artists" perhaps?
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

woops dupe.
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

There was a man on Hoarders (not sure which one, but I think the TLC version), who was in his 60's and thinks he'll be discovered as a rock star. He's sponging off of his 90+ year old mother, and hoarding her house full while waiting to be discovered. Apparently, the real spongers never grow up and get a clue.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by JanM View Post
    There was a man on Hoarders (not sure which one, but I think the TLC version), who was in his 60's and thinks he'll be discovered as a rock star. He's sponging off of his 90+ year old mother, and hoarding her house full while waiting to be discovered. Apparently, the real spongers never grow up and get a clue.
    Because they're mentally ill. Sheesh.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

If I were his parent I'd give all my money to a pet rescue.
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

1 members found this post helpful.

If only this dude put as much energy into his 'real life' as he did with this lawsuit, he has the potential to go somewhere. What.a.tool.

Laura-I was actually referring to the fact he thinks he and the band (yes, still has a band) are seconds away from being discovered. The Rolling Stones can record and do well in their 60's, but I don't think the Hoarders guy is going to be famous except for endangering his mother. Of course, mommy should have put her foot down a long time ago, before she was in her 90's and surrounded by piles of stuff ready to fall on her.

I second the leave everything to charity idea. And I do understand that he's representing himself, but I bet there'll be some other paid help somewhere. I know he's troubled, but suing for money to start a business as a music mogul is just wild.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

The problem with these types of suits is that the defendant still has to defend himself. Which usually means retaining counsel, or at least consulting counsel and obtaining some help on an hourly basis.

This is not a victimless problem. I don't care if the guy is mentally ill or not - it doesn't excuse what he and others like him do to their victims. It's not just a pecuniary loss - these people become objects of curiosity, derision, and ridicule quite often.
    Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware
    Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
    -Rudyard Kipling

2 members found this post helpful.