The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default VOICE FOR HORSES STRIKES AGAIN IN OHIO, FEB 2013

Hello COTH members,

I am updating my post in regards to Diana Murphy and Voice for Horses Network and "Rescue" based in North West Ohio.

Recently Diana has been evicted from her farm in Pemberville Ohio for $2800.00 in unpaid board, having more horses then allowed on the property and also damages done to the property that the owner had just purchased.

Both the Sandusky SD and the OAG have been called in to do an investigation into this matter, reports have been filed for monies not payed, damages done to the property while she occupied it and also theft of another tenants identity. As I mentioned, all reports are on file with the Sandusky Sheriff's Department in Ohio.

The owner of the property that she was just evicted from has been nice enough to contact me with this matter because he also wants this women shut down, for fraud and inhumane care of her horses, donkeys and other animals she has in her possession .

On the 10th of February Diana moved her evicted horses to yet another property (Now in Gibsonburg Ohio). On the 11th of February she went out the and took in 6 starving Arabians... Now she is back on FB begging for money to help these horses now in her care.

I know several others that have been bilked by Diana Murphy and her scam, they too are sending in statements and their own personal accounts of what they had experienced when dealing with this organization.

I hope to encourage more people to do the same if they have had personal dealings with Diana Murphy that didn't turn out so well. We have to remember that there is no reason any horse should be subjected to this this sort of inhumane treatment and care. Especially from someone who claims to be a "rescuer".

If you have any information that you think will aid in this case against her, please send your "confidential" emails to The Ohio Attorney Generals Office located in Columbus Ohio and the information will be located on their website.

In the subject line write: Diana Murphy/Voice For Horses, Toledo Ohio

Thank you for your time.

Dancinonheir.
    Last edited by Dancinonheir; Feb. 26, 2013 at 06:35 PM. Reason: people not impressed with cap locks.

1 members found this post helpful.

Posting this once would've sufficed, and the capitals makes it difficult to read.

5 members found this post helpful.

OP: thanks for the info, but please don't shout!

ALL CAPS is considered shouting & on the interwebs, usually comes across as rude.

In entirely practical terms, the message gets lost in ALLTHEBIGLETTERS.

You are new here. Came specifically to destroy someone. And you are posting in all caps. Makes me wonder about you & your true motives. That huge smile at the end, just makes you creepy as a newbie coming here to out someone.

COTH loves to out people, but I sure am not jumping on your bandwagon.

Oh, & you might be shocked to learn not everyone on COTH deems a bullet to the head to become big cat food is the most horrible thing on earth for some horses. Do your research, especially here, before you start stirring pots.

This is weird....
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

Default Sorry for the capital letters!!

Sorry, I'm not quiet sure how COTH works yet.
    Last edited by Dancinonheir; Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:03 AM.

3 members found this post helpful.

Sorry!

Choo choo!
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

2 members found this post helpful.

Let me make some popcorn...
    the NOT!! Spoiled!! Arabian Protectavest poster pony lives on in my heart http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...pscc2a5330.jpg

Diana Murphy was taking horses from AC4H that were fundraised for (we know how that works) and then dumped them, shot them or whatever. In one instance she dumped the horses on an unsuspecting county shelter in Ohio and it didn't turn out that pretty, especially for the horses.

A little research will tell the stories.

While that scenario was happening a few years ago, her practices of horse husbandry are not much better today.

Just like that 'lady' of Serenity, Diana moves her 'operation' once she has destroyed the leased property and owes oodles of rent money to the property owner.

I am aware that authorities are trying to build a case and are looking for additional information to strengthen what they already have.

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

For the love of god, please turn off caps lock.

Side note, am I the only one who reads text in all caps as shouting?

Thanks for the scoop luvmytbs. Unfortunately, the OP's writing style and attitude isn't going to do much to garner the support she's looking for.
    Last edited by LauraKY; Feb. 23, 2013 at 09:51 AM.

The OP has two threads going. Perhaps the mods can merge them since the other is well on it's way to a trainwreck.

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...RE-UNPAID-RENT

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytbs View Post
    Diana Murphy was taking horses from AC4H that were fundraised for (we know how that works) and then dumped them, shot them or whatever. In one instance she dumped the horses on an unsuspecting county shelter in Ohio and it didn't turn out that pretty, especially for the horses.

A little research will tell the stories.

While that scenario was happening a few years ago, her practices of horse husbandry are not much better today.

Just like that 'lady' of Serenity, Diana moves her 'operation' once she has destroyed the leased property and owes oodles of rent money to the property owner.

I am aware that authorities are trying to build a case and are looking for additional information to strengthen what they already have.
    It is absolutely amazing how horse con artists exist. They go on for years and years screwing over honest people and shafting the poor horses. I hope this Diana creature burns.
    "All top hat and no canter". *Graureiter*

2 members found this post helpful.

Interesting, from a thread about Horse Rescue cons:

Quote Originally Posted by Devorah Aikman View Post
    It is my understanding that Diana Murphy, Voice for Horses, Ohio, generates over $450K per year "saving" horses from Frank Carpenter's kill pen.

What actually happens is that they generate bleeding hearts on Facebook, get private individuals to "bail" a horse out of the #10 pen which profits everyone involved because not only does that innocent party pay the actual kill price,but an inflated amount so everyone's pocket gets padded. I became suspicious when the price for these "killer horses" was escalated far beyond the going price of a regular saddle horse.

Once an unsuspecting person spends their hard earned cash on "bail" they are required to complete an adoption application, which subsequently gets denied. Then the "rescue" owns the horse free and clear. The horses is then re-sold to a second party (I call it double dipping) and that price is pure profit. These horses are re-sold even when sick or dying. I have read stories of women who sacrificed money they did not have to spend on huge vet bills only to have their "adopted" horse die anyway. In the event that a horse is too sick to re-sell, Diana Murphy will dump them off at an animal shelter, who just happens to have a kill policy, so the horse that someone else "bailed" for their safety is right back at risk again and she does not have the expense of caring for a horse she cannot profit from.

There are many details about this circulating on Facebook and the Alex Brown Forum. You have to wade through the shit to get to the facts, however. One source of information is Sally Schrock on Facebook. Verify your facts.
    Here's a link to the A/C seizure info at Sally Schrock's home
    http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/region_...-deemed-unsafe

Falling out among thieves? Most of us know of Devorah...is this the triad of animal abusers?

I recall when the $hit hit the fan over on ABR, Alex would delete all negative posts about VFH because they were buds with his beloved Christy Sheidy.

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

Yeah, the OP's 'tude turned me off from the get-go. I think the cap-lock thing is hard to read also but I got through it. It was the 'tude which got me. However, my curiosity got the better of me so I waded on through.

As for the 'bailing' stuff, I get feeds from some of the horse saviors and when they were complaining how much a horse costs, buying it from the KB after the sale, I piped in about how about just out-bidding him in the first place?? That didn't go over well. Seems to me, being that I used to hang out at lots of auctions, some folks might split the extra money for buying a KB horse after the sale...jus' sayin'....

Devorah Aikman...where have I seen her name before...?? Name rings a bell. Fugly??

The original post does not surprise me. Prior to moving to Pemberville, Diana Murphy had her operation just a few miles from my farm. I would drive by the place 3-4 times a week. Horses crammed everywhere on the property. Place was totally trashed by her. It was a disgrace. A friend of mine "adopted" a horse from her and said it was a case of rescuing the horse from the rescuer. She is very well known in our area and not in a good way.

OK, so now that some known COTHers have confirmed the OP's interpretation of the facts and the OP has clarified her views on why shooting the horses in this rescue matters, and has kinda sorta apologized for the all caps, can you guys move on?

As I read it, the point of this thread was to ask folks who knew what was going on to help contribute to a particular case that might help get this "rescue" shut down. It would be good, too, if more BOs didn't have to lose their shirts.

I think using the internet to ask for this kind of help is appropriate and a reasonable way to use this particular techno-too. I hope interested and knowledgable folks do submit e-mails to the Ohio Attorney General's office.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat