The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Aiken: is there a market to sell young horses to?

Found out this week that an impromptu trip to Aiken next week is in the works. Probably won't stay through the weekend. Is there a market for young TB prospects? If so, what do you guys suggest as the best way to get the word out about a really nice prospect that I'm bringing with me? Any FB groups specific to Aiken? Mods, trying to be ultra vague so as not to 'advertise'.
    "Gallop as if you were to die tomorrow, jump as if you were to live forever."

There's an "Augusta/Aiken Equine" something or other group on facebook. I don't remember the full name but you should be able to find it based off that.
    The Trials and Jubilations of a Twenty-Something Re-rider
    Happy owner of Kieran the mostly-white-very-large-not-pony.

There is an AA show at Highfields in Aiken starting Feb 27 and running for two weeks. I would think getting a stall and paying a non showing fee would be an excellent way to market a young one. Perhaps get a saddle pad monogrammed with "for sale" and put up ads around the show grounds. JMHO...

1 members found this post helpful.

Thank you guys! I do have a place to stay already but flyers up at Highfields and shipping in for a day for sure! Anyone specifically I should speak with? Any barns I should call?

on facebook there is a group called "aiken area dressage, eventing, show jumping" it gets a ton of traffic of people selling horses. I would suggest posting your horses info there!
    Link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/45141948694/

You guys are great! Keep the ideas coming. Horse suitable for all disciplines at this point. Well started over fences and on flat.

A PM with detailed info would be great. I have someone looking for a project as her old guy had to retire. We may be there next weekend