The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

There's always a Saturday night class, usually jumpers, but it still goes as late. Usually to at least 10:00. Definitely a long day for the hunters though, as the junior riders and A/O riders had their divisions end this morning and afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by juniormom View Post
    Where did they say you go to see the scores from both rounds?
    equestrianlive.com click results, then international ring, class 199.

1 members found this post helpful.

Awwww. Nice to see Kelly being so supportive to the horse. It's gotta be rough.
    Proud member of the COTH Junior (and Junior-at-Heart!) clique!

oops, wrong thread!
    Last edited by wcporter; Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:01 PM. Reason: wrong thread!
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

I lost interest after they kept doing awards for random things. Someone tell me who wins.

Oh geez.. Parkland has to go again.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

Where they've got all Hell for a basement

He jumped the red/brick oxer near the jumbotron very strangely. Otherwise looked good.

He didn't look bad to start but seems stiffer as he's going and definitely isn't landing quite right and definitely not happy landing off those long ones. In slo-mo it definitely looked funny. But I've never seen him go regularly so don't know how different any of that is from his normal.

4 members found this post helpful.

Seemed to get more tired as he went along. Glad he made it around.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

I hope the announcers are being paid well for their farm and trainer endorsements.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

6 members found this post helpful.

Thank you to the USEF Network for live streaming this! Congrats to the horses and riders!

6 members found this post helpful.

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Boo, I was hoping they wouldn't crucify Castle Rock for that swap. What a lovely horse. Nothing against Ovation, but I'm partial to Castle Rock and had cheered for him.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

4 members found this post helpful.

Yes thank you to USEF for the live stream. Always enjoy it !
    -Amor vincit omnia-

Quick question for everyone: Is there a way to watch the feed of the hunter spectacular after its over? or is it only live feed?

they usually archive it and you can watch later

I tried to watch last night, I saw part of the first round, all of the second round, but gave up when they kept delaying the last round to do endless award ceremonies.

Loved Castle Rock - liked that he was so nice and forward and looked like a horse that could actually go out and hunt to hounds (hmm, isn't this discipline called "Hunters"? ). Hated the ones that went around slow as molasses, all strung out and on their forehands - could not imagine them hunting in the field.

I also think that the shadbellies looked ridiculous with their tails flapping in the breeze. I much preferred the male riders in their short hunt coats - they looked much more business-like. And I am NOT a fan of the frou-frou braided tails - yes, I know they are SOP in hunterland, but I think they make the horses look like sissies (even the stallions).

But then, I have spent most of the last 15 years in dressage land, so what do I know.

2 members found this post helpful.

I tried to watch last night, I saw part of the first round, all of the second round, but gave up when they kept delaying the last round to do endless award ceremonies.

Loved Castle Rock - liked that he was so nice and forward and looked like a horse that could actually go out and hunt to hounds (hmm, isn't this discipline called "Hunters"? ). Hated the ones that went around slow as molasses, all strung out and on their forehands - could not imagine them hunting in the field.

I also think that the shadbellies looked ridiculous with their tails flapping in the breeze. I much preferred the male riders in their short hunt coats - they looked much more business-like. And I am NOT a fan of the frou-frou braided tails - yes, I know they are SOP in hunterland, but I think they make the horses look like sissies (even the stallions).

But then, I have spent most of the last 15 years in dressage land, so what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter22 View Post
    Quick question for everyone: Is there a way to watch the feed of the hunter spectacular after its over? or is it only live feed?
    Here it is: http://www.usefnetwork.com/featured/FTIWEF2013/

Last night's WCHR Hunter Spectacular starts at 48:10
    Order of go here:http://www.horsejunkiesunited.com/?p=52558

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post

It was surprising to see so many on the forehand, and heads barely above the withers (similar to Quarter Horses). Castle Rock looked liked he was going places and wanted you to come along with. He was terrific to watch.

For me the horses were turned out beautifully, and the formal attire was appropriate for the occasion: "World Champion Hunter Rider". Although IMHO, everyone should be in formal attire for this special night class, or none at all.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

Bacardi was still my personal favorite It was refreshing to see a horse enjoy his job like that (not to mention his fantastic jump and way of going).

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    Agree. So far he's been the only one that was actually really fun to watch go around. Wonder what his score would have been had he not gotten super super deep to that one jump.
    I agree---I am curious to know what the score would have been sans the one deep jump.
    Quote Originally Posted by rustbreeches View Post
    [George Morris] doesn't always drink beer, but when he does, he prefers Dos Equis