The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Troubled 20 year old wants to be FB friends?

My old friends daughter friended me on FB, I have yet to respond. Old friend and I talk off and on, we used to be roommies but have drifted in years. We have known each other for so long we drift in and out every so often as friends do.

Daughter is a very troubled young lady. Smokes weed, LSD,got arrested for shoplifting a few years back. Really the last I heard. Old Friend is in our hometown about 45 mins from me, she tossed daughter out after she dropped out of high school her senior year at 17 or 18 and decided the high life was for her. Daughter now lives in a town about 30 mins from me and about 30 mins from her mother. Daughter is seriously only nice when she wants something. Super sweet if you can give her a ride somewhere or give her a few dollars. Evil foul mouthed histrionic sort when you don't.

Part of me wants to friend her because she could use a sane person in her life (as sane as I may be LOL!) who might be able to advocate for her or at least show a different lifestyle perspective.

Part of me also knows darn well she runs with a bad crowd and the likelihood of the little thugs getting too close to me and my property will happen. My new house (that hasn't closed yet) is about 15 mins from where she lives. I mean the kind of little thugs that notice I am gone to a horse show and break into my house sort of thugs.

So, I think I just talked myself out of friending her. Too much risk. Still frustrating.
    Last edited by twotrudoc; Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:12 PM.
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

1 members found this post helpful.

FWIW, you did the right thing. No way, no how do you need that kind of drama. Ever.

Go you!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

4 members found this post helpful.

Kind of have to agree although it's not the drama, I can ignore FB drama all dang day long. It's the thought of teenaged yahoos roaming near because I know that will happen. She will want to come over then thug boyfriend picks her up..then it's on. I have a gun at home for self defense. I will use it. I hate to sound all drama-fied about it but I am serious.
    The Knotted Pony

1 members found this post helpful.

I should probably add that she did get caught red handed breaking into the neighbors as a teen back in our hometown. She was waiting until neighbor went to work, then working the sliding door to get in and steal tip money (neighbor was a waitress). Neighbor forgot something and came home to find her in the middle of it.
    The Knotted Pony

Good decision. Don't do it!