The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Jingles for Huntington Meadow Stables (Roch, NY)

http://rochesterhomepage.net/fulltext?nxd_id=372972

Jingles please that the fire is under control quickly with no damage to horses!!! I heard it started in a storage barn- fingers crossed it ends there, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaideux View Post
    http://rochesterhomepage.net/fulltext?nxd_id=372972

Jingles please that the fire is under control quickly with no damage to horses!!! I heard it started in a storage barn- fingers crossed it ends there, too.
    Jingles sent, rode there in '84-'85 and did the Empire series with them, great place.

No people or animals hurt. Used for storing tack, but also had kerosene and oil stored there. The horse barn is 30' away and the FD kept it from spreading!

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...hurt-barn-fire
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

Applause to the WFD. That force has been through a lot.

So glad there were no damages beyond property.
    bar.ka think u al.l. susp.ect
    free bar.ka and tidy rabbit

What a blessing that no humans or horses were hurt.

Rode at HMS for a good many years. When I heard about the fire last evening it terrified me.

I work & board there... it was terrifying for sure. I am so thankful the fire was able to be contained and no people or horses were hurt. It happened about two hours after I left from doing AM chores. I walked a mile in the 20 degree weather to get over there to help cause the roads were blocked off. The barns were only 30ft away from the fire. We did lose all of our vet supplies and a lot of tack, all of the Nazareth college team equipment, all our tools, our tractor... we kept everything in there, if you needed anything at all chances are you could find it in the "cabin"

Quote Originally Posted by Mayelix View Post
    I work & board there... it was terrifying for sure. I am so thankful the fire was able to be contained and no people or horses were hurt. It happened about two hours after I left from doing AM chores. I walked a mile in the 20 degree weather to get over there to help cause the roads were blocked off. The barns were only 30ft away from the fire. We did lose all of our vet supplies and a lot of tack, all of the Nazareth college team equipment, all our tools, our tractor... we kept everything in there, if you needed anything at all chances are you could find it in the "cabin"
    It is quite a tight little space. Hopefully insurance will cover the lost items and they can rebuild bigger/better.

Phew!

2 members found this post helpful.

Wow. Glad no one got hurt. When I was a kid we lived in Brighton and my Mom taught at Nazareth.
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by oliverreed View Post
    Wow. Glad no one got hurt. When I was a kid we lived in Brighton and my Mom taught at Nazareth.
    I also 'grew up' in Brighton.... from 6th grade through grad [class of '85].

We (me and Mom) moved to Mass when I was 10 - 1968. Father was a hematologist at Strong Memorial, he died in 1969.
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

Default Jingles & AO continue for this barn ~

Jingles & AO for this barn ~

Jingles laced with some rest and recovery and strength ~
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Unbelievable... We just had another fire

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/sto..._2eZp-zQA.cspx

Unbelievable... We just had another fire

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/sto..._2eZp-zQA.cspx
    Ok call me crazy if you must, but is there any chance there's someone setting these? Just seems a little.... I dunno'... coincidental?

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Freda View Post
    Ok call me crazy if you must, but is there any chance there's someone setting these? Just seems a little.... I dunno'... coincidental?
    My thought as well. Two fires in 4 days? My horse and I would be out of there before nightfall.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Snugglerug View Post
    My thought as well. Two fires in 4 days? My horse and I would be out of there before nightfall.
    Which is certainly not to say you [general 'you] think Therese or Dick are involved, but... yikes... yeah, I might be looking for a port to ride out the storm.

I'm not intimately familiar, but I don't believe the mini-barn built out back a few months ago was insured. Oiy. Makes me jumpy.

Sad and scary.

Jingling for the whole HMS crew!

I don't think it was insured but I'm not sure... It wasn't really Dick & Terese's property though on their land - it was built by their niece's husband for their niece's two horses. It was just built this past December.

I originally thought it was the kerosine heater that set the fire in the cabin but there's no way it's a coincidence that 2 fires happened in less than a week. There was no heater in this barn. The horses did have heated water buckets though.

The only thing I can think of is something with the electrical or someone's really pissed off.

It makes me really nervous.

Democrat and Chronicle says that the cause of the first fire has still not been determined. I'm so glad that the two horses got out safely in this second fire and I hope that the causes of both fires are determined soon. If it is arson, I hope whoever did it is caught quickly,.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

I don't think it was insured but I'm not sure... It wasn't really Dick & Terese's property though on their land - it was built by their niece's husband for their niece's two horses. It was just built this past December.

I originally thought it was the kerosine heater that set the fire in the cabin but there's no way it's a coincidence that 2 fires happened in less than a week. There was no heater in this barn. The horses did have heated water buckets though.

The only thing I can think of is something with the electrical or someone's really pissed off.

It makes me really nervous.
    There was electr. in it?
    Well if it was the buckets or otherwise electr. thankfully no horses were hurt....

I've probably been reading too many Dick Francis novels in this cold.... but yeah, 'who is mad at them' was the first thought I had. Then again an unrelated to the barn teenager with angst [and I have nothing against teens I was an angst ridden one myself a long, long time ago]...?
    It is a head scratcher.
    I hope whatever the cause they get to the bottom of it fast.