The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quote Originally Posted by Larksmom View Post
    When it becomes to expensive/too much trouble/too hot to go... I think the last big one I went to was Tom Petty. I actually drove 50 miles across town to get in line to buy tickets early in the morning. When they started selling, I was about 15 or so in line, and I could get nothing in the front section. That was due to them selling equally on the phone and online-not fair! If you have the gumption to get up and go get em, I think you should have at least a half hour or so advantage.
    Anyway, the last time T Petty was in town the good tickets were around $150-200. a ticket. I am glad I cannot afford them. I would be crazy to pay that much. That proves I am old!

Edited to add another one I forgot: T-Rex with an opening act of The Doobie Brothers.
    LOL I saw Eric Burden and War along with a ton of others about eight or nine years ago. On Burden's website a lot of people were complaining about not having sufficient seating because they were in their 50's. He played for a long, long time because one of the acts didn't show up - and he was, of course, great.

The Cleveland orchestra when George Szell was still conductor. Beethoven's 9th at Blossom Center near Akron Ohio. Don't remember what other pieces, but great concert.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahandSam View Post
    Dazednconfused, I've tried to see Social D twice and both times Mike Ness got sick. ): I kinda feel like I'm running out of time on this one...
    They're so good. I really recommend seeing them. They seem to really enjoy performing and play all out. The people watching is unparalleled too...SoCal rockabilly country punk tends to do that I guess!

I worked in the industry too so I've seen a LOT. I sort of divide my "bests" into several categories: the ones where it was cool to be there b/c you knew this band was going to be HUGE some day (seeing the Cars and R.E.M. at the Rat in Boston, Patti Smith at the Jazz Workshop, the B-52s at Max's Kansas City in NY); the gigs where you knew the band was never going to have "name recognition" but they set the bar SO high on artistic merit (Suicide, the Fast), and the ones I went to b/c I just plain wanted to go and knew it would be great and it was (Todd Rundgren on the Wizard tour, triple Paisley Underground bill of the Rain Parade, Let's Active, and the 3 O'Clock). Most recently, the Rain Parade recently reformed for a one-off benefit gig in Atlanta that I drove down for and it was fabulous.
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

BigBang (Korean band) is the most recent one and they put on one hell of a show.

HIM (Finish band) Seen them 7 times and they never disappoint..

Monty Are I ..band from RI, i think i saw them 3 or 4 times..i believe they are on hiatus now, but they were so full of life/energy on stage.

Sick Puppies, Blink182, Greenday, were always good

Apocalyptica (Finnish band)..3 hot guys and their cellos, one awesome drummer, and just awesome music. And they are super nice!

It's been a whle since i have been to a lot of concerts, as i'm saving up for vacation..and b/c i'm hoping to see GDragon (Korean singer/rapper from the band Bigbang) and Super Junior (Korean pop group), if they come to the states for their tours..we shall see..

One of the best, Mozart's Don Giovanni in La Scala, Milan, Italy in the mid 1960's.

Jealous! Although I have seen Don Giovanni at the San Diego Opera. But to see it in Milan!

Saw Carmen Burana in Seattle a couple of years ago - wonderful! And a bunch of years before that saw Pearl Jam in Seattle. It was more fun watching the stuff going on at floor level; had to go down & wander around a little. Saw Garth Brooks when he was opening for the Judds at NAS Miramar many moons ago . . . (Yeah, I know it's now a Marine base but it was Navy then.)

Quote Originally Posted by Meshach View Post
    U2. love them!

1985 I was in 10th grade. Unforgettable Fire Tour, Nassau Coliseum, Long Island NY. It was the first big arena tour for them I think but not wide spread popularity so it felt intimate. An Irish flag was passed up from the back and Bono wore it around his shoulders . I believe it was "40" during the encore and the whole audience was still singing it when the lights came on before everyone filed out. love.

also

1987 12th grade, Joshua Tree Tour Giants Stadium NJ.

couple of years ago much older now , can't remember tour name but at Carter Finley Stadium Raleigh NC. My palms were bruised from clapping so much.
    I think we were at the same concert a few years ago at CFS! It was the 360 tour with MUSE. BEST.CONCERT.EVER!!!!
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
    W. C. Fields