The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

We had it starting in 5th grade, they separated genders and we got the menstruation talk and demonstrations, no clue what the boys got. We were separated each year for a little more 6th and 7th grades, then the full on bio week together in 8th grade. Freshman health was basically diseases and infections, health class was mandatory. We still had pregnancies and a particularly memorable herpes incident. This NEEDS to be taught in the home, I still wish my mother would've plucked up and said more than, "Don't do anything without a ring and don't ever put that dirty thing in your mouth" I think there should be an *emphasis* on abstinence and the many, many reasons it's the best idea, but only teaching abstinence is certainly dangerous.
    Quarry Rat

Quote Originally Posted by purplnurpl View Post
    abstinence is stupid.
    I love sex.

I think schools should teach sex ed. Mine did when I was a wee Junior Higher.

actually, being a non Christian, I don't comprehend abstinence at all. It makes no sense to me.
    Just don't get preggo and all is good to go.
    My boyfriend and I are talking about "sex" and both of us cant drive so we rely on our parents and they are "cool" with it but they have to talk to each other before "we do it". ughhhh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by horsehand View Post
    Imagine that! A parent taking responsibility for educating their own kids. Why is it up to the schools in the first place?
    Hahaha - sevearal years ago my son was so horrified when I tried to have "the talk" with him I had to abandon my plans and let the school deal with it!!!

He actually asked me to write a letter to get him excused but I refused.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosey_2003 View Post
    We had it starting in 5th grade, they separated genders and we got the menstruation talk and demonstrations, no clue what the boys got. We were separated each year for a little more 6th and 7th grades, then the full on bio week together in 8th grade. Freshman health was basically diseases and infections, health class was mandatory. We still had pregnancies and a particularly memorable herpes incident. This NEEDS to be taught in the home, I still wish my mother would've plucked up and said more than, "Don't do anything without a ring and don't ever put that dirty thing in your mouth" I think there should be an *emphasis* on abstinence and the many, many reasons it's the best idea, but only teaching abstinence is certainly dangerous.
    Like this when I was growing up, plenty on the mechanics and an emphasis on all the hideous, life-destroying things that could happen to you. Looking back, the funny part was they never, ever mentioned all the reasons a teen might be tempted to engage in such stuff to begin with. Nobody EVER mentioned that the activity is, or should be, pleasurable.

Leading most of us "nice" girls (read, no experience) to the conclusion that one would have to want a baby VERY BADLY to do something so dangerous and disgusting!

Ours, as far as I can remember (I'm 28 now) was very clinical, I don't remember any shaming or negativity, really. It would have been better in my opinion if there had even been like a handout or something to send our parents about discussing WHY abstinence is a good idea, besides avoiding pregnancy and STD's. I had a very malformed idea of it for many years until the lightbulb came on.
    Quarry Rat

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany01 View Post
    My boyfriend and I are talking about "sex" and both of us cant drive so we rely on our parents and they are "cool" with it but they have to talk to each other before "we do it". ughhhh!!!

8 members found this post helpful.

Oh dear...

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle View Post
    The thing that really disturbed my into keeping my knees together was the childbirth video we had to watch in my health class freshman year. It was a side view, but still disturbing on so many levels! I did not have sex in HS, largely due to that video, lol.
    When my daughter was quite young, one of her friends' mother was pregnant. So one day while we were in the car, DD asks, "Momma, how is that baby going to get out of X's mom's tummy?" I explained that there was a special hole in the mommy's private area for the baby to come out. DD's eyes got big and she said, "Boy, that thing must really stretch!"

Quote Originally Posted by wireweiners View Post
    When my daughter was quite young, one of her friends' mother was pregnant. So one day while we were in the car, DD asks, "Momma, how is that baby going to get out of X's mom's tummy?" I explained that there was a special hole in the mommy's private area for the baby to come out. DD's eyes got big and she said, "Boy, that thing must really stretch!"

yep
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmedHope View Post
    I think we need to create a drinking game.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    I think we need to create a drinking game.
    I'm in!
    Only two emotions belong in the saddle: One is a sense of humor. The other is patience.

Im just stateing a fact that ppl with LD's can have sex also we are just like any of you.

Im justing a fact that ppl with LD's can have sex also we are just like any of you.
    If you are for real, then I certainly hope you are using protection. You don't need to be breeding.

If you are for real, then I certainly hope you are using protection. You don't need to be breeding.
    oooookaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

that was not the nicest thing to say......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

1 members found this post helpful.

yeah thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    oooookaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

that was not the nicest thing to say......
    \

It's alright im used to it. I get made fun of all the time so it's not anything different.

1 members found this post helpful.

ONE more thing is that we are just "talking" about this whole thing His parents and my mom.

Hi Tiffany, if you take advice from an old lady I suggest that if you are thinking about it - just think some more.

I also think it is a good idea that both sets of parents are thinking about it too.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by skykingismybaby1 View Post
    Hi Tiffany, if you take advice from an old lady I suggest that if you are thinking about it - just think some more.

I also think it is a good idea that both sets of parents are thinking about it too.

Good luck!
    Thank you

dad wants me to get my tubes cut and tied before so. mom is like BC or tubes. His parents are like Tubes.

but I dunno I mean I want to but I dont. It's weird haveing your parents involved and you have to depend on them to get you around. (sighs).