The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Smart phones and month to month carriers?

Has anyone moved from a big cell phone carrier (AT&T, Sprint, Verizon) to a pay by the month carrier AND kept their smart phone? How did it work out? Did you actually save money? Did your phone still work with the same speed and calls didn't drop?

I'm looking into some was to save money and was wondering if this would be worth it.

I pay $35 a month for unlimited data/texting, and 300 minutes, through Virgin Mobile. (1200 is $45, but I am a big texter.) I have the Samsung Galaxy, but an iPhone was an option.

I get MUCH better service than all the years I had my iphone on AT&T. Plus my service on AT&T was costing me almost $100 a month...outrageous.

So, so happy with Virgin Mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by GoForAGallop View Post
    I pay $35 a month for unlimited data/texting, and 300 minutes, through Virgin Mobile. (1200 is $45, but I am a big texter.) I have the Samsung Galaxy, but an iPhone was an option.

I get MUCH better service than all the years I had my iphone on AT&T. Plus my service on AT&T was costing me almost $100 a month...outrageous.

So, so happy with Virgin Mobile.
    My other half has Virgin Mobile here in Western MA and he's been really happy with it.

I am on a Verizon iPhone since my company shells out the $$, otherwise I'd join up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by soloudinhere View Post
    My other half has Virgin Mobile here in Western MA and he's been really happy with it.

I am on a Verizon iPhone since my company shells out the $$, otherwise I'd join up as well.
    I'm in Western Mass too. It only gets better the further east or south you go, but I've never NOT had service. (At least where everyone else does, and frequently when others do not. There are still dead zones around here, no matter what service you use.)

Quote Originally Posted by GoForAGallop View Post
    I'm in Western Mass too. It only gets better the further east or south you go, but I've never NOT had service. (At least where everyone else does, and frequently when others do not. There are still dead zones around here, no matter what service you use.)
    He sometimes has crappy service in Southwick. But there are many other crappy things about Southwick that encourage me to just pass on through! He occasionally doesn't have service at my father's house in Amherst, but then again, most phones don't work in his house. I think he planned it that way.