The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Horse transportation from Ontario to Nebraska

I would need some help. I just sold a yearling and he should be shipped to Nebraska late May.

Could someone give me names of haulers with good reputation that would shipped from Ontario to Walton, Nebraska.

Thanks
    Suzanne
    bloomingtonfarm.com
    Breeder of Royal Dutch Sport Horse

Really? Nobody can help me?
    Suzanne
    bloomingtonfarm.com

This is a bit of a tough question, I believe, because you will need a shipper to get the horse across the border and another to get the horse to Nebraska. I'd call up Brookledge and discuss it with them. They would be a good choice for the US portion and have contacts for the border crossing portion.

Oh, here we go. They recommended IHT for the Ontario to Kentucky portion when I spoke with them last year: http://www.inthorse.com/

1 members found this post helpful.

I used IHT to ship my mare from Ontario to Lexington, KY, then had used a different carrier to bring her to the Chicagoland area. That may be the easier way to do it, at least that is what I found. You can lay the horse over in KY if needed.

Thank you Tracy and Simkie.

I just contacted them. They will see who could do the part to Nebraska but I would like to have some suggestion from Kentucky to Walton Nebraska if possible.

I called Brookledge too. Having several names would be nice so I could made some research and compare.

thanks again.
    Last edited by bloomingtonfarm; Feb. 21, 2013 at 04:44 PM. Reason: To add
    Suzanne
    bloomingtonfarm.com

Well, that's right off of I-80, so likely easy enough.

You might try calling Bob Hubbard for the KY to NE portion.

I've also been happy with Equine Express, although I would be surprised if they do a route that would work.

FWIW, when I was pricing Ontario to Colorado, it was about $3k. Just to give you an idea on ballpark price.

Thanks Simkie, I did contacted Hubbard but if you google his name there seems to be some very unsatisfied clients. Did you ever used him before?
    Suzanne
    bloomingtonfarm.com

Check with Belvoir Horse Transport, they are based ot of the Pac. Northwest, maybe they could take her west if she were to get to KY. Another is Light Start Horse Transport. Scott Leiding of Competition Equine is another West coast hauler, I'd check with those guys about a KY - NE trip.

Quote Originally Posted by bloomingtonfarm View Post
    Thanks Simkie, I did contacted Hubbard but if you google his name there seems to be some very unsatisfied clients. Did you ever used him before?
    Bob Hubbard is a HUGE shipping outfit...not one guy with a trailer. I've not used them, but I have known several people who have who were happy with the service. I was all set to use them for a horse coming from California, but she wound up not vetting. I was certainly happy with the people on the phone and the responsiveness and customer service there

Quote Originally Posted by Simkie View Post
    This is a bit of a tough question, I believe, because you will need a shipper to get the horse across the border and another to get the horse to Nebraska. I'd call up Brookledge and discuss it with them. They would be a good choice for the US portion and have contacts for the border crossing portion.

Oh, here we go. They recommended IHT for the Ontario to Kentucky portion when I spoke with them last year: http://www.inthorse.com/
    I just loaded a coming 2 yr old on the IHT truck today KY bound. From there he is going with Brookledge to CO. Brookledge and IHT work "together" (as in, IHT does the border crossings) so they were able to work out a trip where it would work for both shippers.

3 members found this post helpful.

McLemore shipped my Fjord from Ohio to Nebraska - I bet they could definitely do the Lexington to Nebraska leg.

I'm in Lincoln, and Walton is just east of town. I had a heck of a time finding a shipper that would come here but was very happy with McLemore. Husband and wife team, rig is semi tractor and air ride trailer.

Tell them Jill with the Fjord referred you.
    Last edited by TrakHack; Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:06 PM.

2 members found this post helpful.

We've used Bob Hubbard and Nationwide both with good results.

2 members found this post helpful.

While I have used Nationwide and have been happy with them--years ago--I would not use them now. Way too many terrible reviews recently. I think they were sold?

I sent you a facebook inbox.

I am in ontario and can help you out

Well thanks everyone,it was really helpful.
    Suzanne
    bloomingtonfarm.com

I have used Bob Hubbard a lot mostly from CO to the East Coast & back. They have always been really great. In fact I should have booked them for my last horse that I just shipped because the company I booked was horrible!
    I did look at shipping a horse from Vancouver about a month ago to us here in CO & Equine Express gave me a good quote plus I have heard good things about them. I have also used Brookledge & they were great too.

I have used Equine Express in the past and they were amazing, the only problem this time was they don't come to Canada.