The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by suze View Post
    If I was to pick just one, it would have to be Taylor Swift songs - which seem to occur on the car radio way too often.
    This too!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    Glee really bothers me now. That show has become insufferable.

After thinking they were the "Noon Erections" for the entire first year I watched makes it worth while for me.
    http://kaboomeventing.com/
    http://kaboomeventing.blogspot.com/
    Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Limitless View Post
    3/4 sleeves.
    I actually take offense to that.
    Try having an arm span of 6'3".
    Then you'll LOVE 3/4 sleeves because every shirt that comes long sleeved is actually 3/4 sleeved.

I'm loving those new trendy running shirts. You know, the one's with the holes for your thumbs?
    I wear those as full sleeved shirts or jackets. They aren't long enough to fit my hands.
    Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!

I didn't see anyone post concerning ELEVATORS.

~MY BIGGEST PET PEEVE IN LIFE~

1. the people who are 1/2 way down the hall and yell "hold the elevator" as the doors are closing.
    There are MORE ELEVATORS!!! GET THE NEXT ONE!!!
    I actually just push the door close button and say "oppsies! sorry!"

2. when someone holds the elevator open and I'M still 1/2 way down the hall. Now I'm grumpy and I have to run. You suck.

3. the people who feel the need to smoosh onto the elevator when it is clearly full. Get the next one you fool!

4. and last and probably the worst of all!!
    the people who get on the elevator to go 1 or 2 floors.
    those people make me breath fire.

I worked on the 9th floor of a 10 floor building for years.
    I take the stairs up to 4 floors.
    I'm forward and Jersey enough that I'll seriously say, "You know, it would have actually been faster for you to take the stairs. But it's cool, I like to stop at as many floors as possible."

p.s. I love Taylor Swift. I like to wear too much lip gloss and belt out along with the radio. Her music is my own personal therapist.
    I actually don't like her latest record but she does have one glorious phrase.
    All love ever does is break, and burn, and end.

Today I am irked by how difficult it is to change the fluorescent bulbs in my studio. What kind of masochist designed these fixtures anyway?!
    I ride a mule. I paint dogs.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by purplnurpl View Post
    I actually take offense to that.
    Try having an arm span of 6'3".
    Then you'll LOVE 3/4 sleeves because every shirt that comes long sleeved is actually 3/4 sleeved.
    I have "monkey arms". I don't buy women's long sleeved shirts because the edge of the sleeve stops about three inches above my wrist. Add to that my oddly very long fingers and it just looks silly.

I usually just wear t-shirts all year round.

Quote Originally Posted by Auburn View Post
    Broken turn signals. There must be a whole lot of them, because I rarely see them used.
    I'm fond of letting people know that they're out of blinker fluid
    Quarry Rat

I have the monkey arm issue too, as well as the pants length issue, and it drives me crazy trying to find clothes.

I'm often irked that none of the new vehicles being sold are equipped with blinkers (apparently).

Today I am irked because a client called and got snippy with me because she's "had a very stressful week", then went on to tell me everything that was wrong in her life at that moment. As she was taking a breath to go off some more, I interrupted her to tell her that while I'm sorry she's had a stressful week, those issued have nothing to do with me or my company so I would appreciate dealing calmy with the matter at hand. I thought my boss was going to spit his teeth out.

I'm irked that it's rained almost every day since I've had my new Jeep.

I can't stand mouth noises, rude kids/pets, people who block aisles, but my biggest annoyance is people who ask me a question then don't shut up so I can answer it. An insurance rep was asking me for various numbers yesterday and as soon as I would start to answer her, she would speak and miss 1/2 of the numbers. I had to keep repeating because, of course, every time she asked me to repeat it, she would start talking as soon as I answered again. I almost said "look, if you would listen after you ask me a question you would be able to hear my answers". Admittedly, I have said this before in person to other people. I'm missing that filter that goes between the brain and your mouth.
    Rhode Islands are red;
    North Hollands are blue.
    Sorry my thoroughbreds
    Stomped on your roo. Originally Posted by pAin't_Misbehavin' :

~MY BIGGEST PET PEEVE IN LIFE~

1. the people who are 1/2 way down the hall and yell "hold the elevator" as the doors are closing.
    There are MORE ELEVATORS!!! GET THE NEXT ONE!!!
    I actually just push the door close button and say "oppsies! sorry!"

2. when someone holds the elevator open and I'M still 1/2 way down the hall. Now I'm grumpy and I have to run. You suck.

3. the people who feel the need to smoosh onto the elevator when it is clearly full. Get the next one you fool!

I'm forward and Jersey enough that I'll seriously say, "You know, it would have actually been faster for you to take the stairs. But it's cool, I like to stop at as many floors as possible."

p.s. I love Taylor Swift. I like to wear too much lip gloss and belt out along with the radio. Her music is my own personal therapist.
    I actually don't like her latest record but she does have one glorious phrase.
    All love ever does is break, and burn, and end.
    Now, I thought elevators were for all, not just the healthy, athletic people out there.

I have a heart defect and can outwalk anyone anywhere on the flat, according to treadmill testing, but add a flight of stairs and my heart complains, loudly and scarily about it, "beating all over the place", as the cardiologist told me.

If there is an elevator, I am taking it, even for one floor, yes I am, sorry.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hpilot View Post
    Danica Patrick!
    Why?
    www.ayliprod.com
    Equine Photography in the Northeast

Where humidity isn't just a word, it's a way of life.

I guess my biggest irritation would have to be people who think the elevator should only be for those important folks on the top floors, and not for those of use who's knees scream after a one or two stairs (not flight, stair). Maybe we should get a handicap tag and hang it around our necks so people know why some of us do that.

Second would be those who repeatedly softly and kindly ask their children "please don't do that again, sweetums" without ever actually stopping them from doing it; I love getting my seat kicked/my items grabbed/etc. while parent refuses to actually do something to prevent sweetums from continuing to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookes View Post
    My biggest irk is . .

Being late!

I am never ever late, ever! I respect other folks time, please respect mine. Especially when it's a business meeting. How dare you make me sit there for 30 freaking minutes waiting for you.

It is the rudest thing and makes me insane waiting for someone. Get your ass in gear and get there! Get up earlier, no you don't need 7 coats of mascara, get your butt in the car and be on time!!!

I have left on more occasions than I can say! "umm where were you? I left. Why? I waited for 30 minutes without hearing from you so I assumed you weren't coming . So I left"
    My ex husband was notorious for being late. He would purposely do something at the last minute so everyone would have to wait for him. The worst offense was when he was borrowing my car as his was in the shop so he had to drive me to and from work. On my BIRTHDAY he was to pick me up at 5:00 outside my place of business and he didn't show up until 7:30! He blamed it on traffic (yeah right) and couldn't understand why I was pissed.
    Yogurt - If you're so cultured, how come I never see you at the opera? Steven Colbert

Making five copies at the copy machine and finding it empty. Grrr

Making five copies at the copy machine and finding it jammed head to toe. Either unjam the damn thing or find someone that knows how to.

Leaving four mouthfuls of coffee in the coffee pot so the next person who would like a cup has to stand there and make it because you are too lazy to do same.

Spinoffs of threads that proclaim "Spinoff:"

Seriously, if you have a question to ask or simply want to start a related thread, just do it!!
    A friend told me I was delusional. I almost fell off my unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn trails View Post
    My ex husband was notorious for being late. He would purposely do something at the last minute so everyone would have to wait for him. The worst offense was when he was borrowing my car as his was in the shop so he had to drive me to and from work. On my BIRTHDAY he was to pick me up at 5:00 outside my place of business and he didn't show up until 7:30! He blamed it on traffic (yeah right) and couldn't understand why I was pissed.
    hmm, is he related to my brother? i waited FOUR HOURS for my brother once (we were driving up to see my parents, and i didn't have a car). guess what i did when we got back? went and bought my first car.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Gravity works, and the laws of physics are a bitch.

Member: Rabid Garden Snail Clique

All toilets should come equipped with a sign that says, "If you sprinkle, when you tinkle. Please be neat and wipe the seat!"
    When in Doubt, let your horse do the Thinking!

People who allow their dogs to be rude jerks.
    I LOVE my Chickens!

And gas stations:
    Pull into the station, get out, unscrew gas cap. Screen wants to know how you will be paying. Inside or Outside?
    Outside.( I'm standing outside okay?)
    Type in your zipcode.( A little personal but fine, gimme the gas already)
    Credit or Debit ? ( Credit. Like i'm trusting you with a PIN number you nosy SOB)
    Receipt? (Seriously? I'm going grey here!)
    Finally we get to the choices we all are used to making. Gas grade, lift handle, insert nozzle blah, blah ,blah. But then?
    Would you like a car wash today? (Arrrgh! Give me the freaking gas or I will shake this pump like an old pinball machine!!)
    I don't know why, but it drives me nuts. Every time.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Trrr-ot View Post
    And gas stations:
    Pull into the station, get out, unscrew gas cap. Screen wants to know how you will be paying. Inside or Outside?
    Outside.( I'm standing outside okay?)
    Type in your zipcode.( A little personal but fine, gimme the gas already)
    Credit or Debit ? ( Credit. Like i'm trusting you with a PIN number you nosy SOB)
    Receipt? (Seriously? I'm going grey here!)
    Finally we get to the choices we all are used to making. Gas grade, lift handle, insert nozzle blah, blah ,blah. But then?
    Would you like a car wash today? (Arrrgh! Give me the freaking gas or I will shake this pump like an old pinball machine!!)
    I don't know why, but it drives me nuts. Every time.
    This just made me LOL, because just yesterday I started SCREAMING at the gas pump going "NO, OK?! NO I DONT WANT A CAR WASH I JUST WANT GAS!"
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Limitless View Post
    Myself! I'm always so disappointed to pull a shirt or jacket I might like off the rack only to see the sleeves are 3/4. Blech! Drives me crazy!
    Ooh, this reminds me...the fact that it is SO HARD to find anything other than turtlenecks and sweaters with long sleeves. ESPECIALLY dresses. I hate sleeveless anything and trying to find a dress with even short or 3/4 sleeves drives me crazy.