The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Several things...but I will spare you all the huge list, lol.

People who drive 5 miles or more under, or even right at, the speed limit in the left hand lane...get your butt over in the right hand lane!! The left hand lane is NOT for cruising and technically you are not supposed to pass in the right hand lane...so get your butt over!!

People who screw up or make mistakes, either personal or in work, etc...but blame other people for them. Maybe they mess up at work but ALWAYS have an excuse as to why they do and never have to clean up the mess they make. Or they do something stupid in their personal life but again have a scape goat. Everyone makes mistakes but you need to own up to it at some point, and some people never seem to get that.
    Busy Bee Farm, Ellijay, GA
    Never Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly
    Way Back Texas~04/20/90-09/17/08
    Green Alligator "Captain"

Lack of common sense and getting mad when you point that out, asking them to think that thru.

Well, maybe that is, on second thought, not such a "little thing" after all?

Driving:

People who drive several mph under the speed limit, but then speed up to several mph over the speed limit every time there's a passing lane.

People who merge onto the freeway dangerously too slow.

People who camp out in the left lane on the freeway when they are going the same speed or slower than traffic in the right lane.

People who tailgate someone towing any kind of trailer and/or cut off someone towing a trailer.

Failing to use a blinker before a turn or putting the blinker on way to early.

Coming to a complete stop to execute a turn that could be made without stopping.

Tiny cars that swing wide to turn into a driveway that a semi could turn into without doing so.

People who think that by putting their phone on speaker and holding it in front of their face isn't breaking the hands free cell phone law. The freakin phone is still in their hand!

Work:

When I'm sitting down to lunch and someone asks me if this is a good time to talk about whatever work related thing.

When I'm on the phone and someone does the above.

Managers who are slow to turn in the time reports for their employees, which means that I now have to work on my days off so that the employees get paid.

Home:

SO is incapable of taking a shower without getting water all over the bathroom.

Clients who call SO at 10pm to ask a question that could have waited until business hours. This probably bugs my SO more than me. (SO is a solo practitioner and doesn't use an answering service)
    It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Well I'm sure there are more but right now this is on my mind!!! A co-worker keeps saying she can't do tasks because of her computer. She can't print something, can't download pictures for VP, can't fill out a form online all because of her computer. It's the user...not the computer!!!! UGH!!!!!!!

Sorry had to vent!!!!

1 members found this post helpful.

Currently irking-the neighbor's dogs in my pasture barking at my horses. Again. As they do every morning.

What enrages me is when I turn the GP loose to take care of the situation and he goes to PLAY with the neighbor dog.

Green Acres, I so hear you!! WE have a gal that does the SAME thing...even though last month IT cleaned off her computer, upgraded her memory, etc...she has the best computer in the building!!!
    Busy Bee Farm, Ellijay, GA
    Never Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly
    Way Back Texas~04/20/90-09/17/08
    Green Alligator "Captain"

Quote Originally Posted by Green Acres View Post
    Well I'm sure there are more but right now this is on my mind!!! A co-worker keeps saying she can't do tasks because of her computer. She can't print something, can't download pictures for VP, can't fill out a form online all because of her computer. It's the user...not the computer!!!! UGH!!!!!!!

Sorry had to vent!!!!
    I call these issues a PICNIC. Problem In Chair, Not In Computer.
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ybiaw View Post
    I LOVE THAT!!! Too funny!!!

RELO - yea, I had our IT company clean up her computer this morning and she still blamed her computer was at fault. I know it's coming...the VP is going to ask me to get her a new computer.

Well this probably is not a little irk but rather a big one for me. My company gave out a bonus this year, and I am grateful. But when I got my paycheck, I noticed that our wonderful, great U.S. govt took almost 66% of my bonus in taxes. My bonus was about $1200, after taxes, $250. I'm soo over paying more and more in taxes. I am a middle class worker and can not even afford a home in our area. Its ridiculous. And lets not talk about the increase prices in gas and food...... When does it end??? The rich keep getting richer and the poor more poor....

when a blob of fake egg salad falls out of my sandwich and rolls across the plate to land on the keyboard. (see "picnic" above.)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Gravity works, and the laws of physics are a bitch.

Member: Rabid Garden Snail Clique

Quote Originally Posted by ybiaw View Post
    Stealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duramax View Post
    When people say "no problem" as a substitute for "thank you."
    Do you mean when people say "no problem" instead of "you're welcome" when you thank them?

Because I do that all the time - I hope I'm not annoying anyone by doing it!

In general I have come to a point in my life where I don't let the little things get to me. It's very freeing.

However as mentioned before, STINK BUGS also make me irrate! Especially when they get their stink on me. I am never more pissed off than when trying to wash that smell off me!

ETA: Oh yeah, and Glee sucks now!

I don’t know that any of these are little annoyances, they’re actually pretty big annoyances to me:

Bad Breath

When you’re in a car with a group of people and someone wearing a huge coat and hat turns the heat off without asking the other people in the car

Changing the radio station while I’m driving without my input

Parents who don’t want to cross their children because “they might get mad at them” – Seriously, I see more than my fair share of these and I’m not even around kids that much.

Children talking back to people older than them.

Crying babies in places I can’t get away from them i.e. airplanes, waiting rooms, busses, etc.

Parents who bring babies to movies (get a baby sitter!!!)

People who won’t try new things i.e. food, travel to new places, etc.

Bikes who don’t follow traffic rules, bonus points for the ones that fly past me at 25 in a 15 MPH zone, or the ones that don’t think they have to stop at stoplights/signs

Animals with poor manners – 99.9% of the time this is the owners fault

People that can’t afford children but have them anyway

Parents who try to teach their children’s lessons and have NO horse related experience whatsoever

Stupid people

Stupid questions – yes, these do indeed exist no matter what anyone tells you

People with no regard for anyone but themselves

Inefficiency – yes, I am an engineer

Drivers that tailgate me when I’m driving my trailer – I swear I’m going to start calling 911 on them and reporting them for road rage

People who call miniature horses miniature ponies

People who don’t know that a hand is 4 inches, therefore 15.5 is NOT an option, do your research people!!!

Men who don’t want to neuter their male pets!!!

Ok, I’ll stop now, this is depressing.
    "Be the change you want to see in the world."
    ~Mahatma Gandhi

My biggest irk is . .

Being late!

I am never ever late, ever! I respect other folks time, please respect mine. Especially when it's a business meeting. How dare you make me sit there for 30 freaking minutes waiting for you.

It is the rudest thing and makes me insane waiting for someone. Get your ass in gear and get there! Get up earlier, no you don't need 7 coats of mascara, get your butt in the car and be on time!!!

I have left on more occasions than I can say! "umm where were you? I left. Why? I waited for 30 minutes without hearing from you so I assumed you weren't coming . So I left"
    Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!!

3/4 sleeves.

Quote Originally Posted by Limitless View Post
    3/4 sleeves.
    on yourself or someone else?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Gravity works, and the laws of physics are a bitch.

Member: Rabid Garden Snail Clique

If I was to pick just one, it would have to be Taylor Swift songs - which seem to occur on the car radio way too often.

2 members found this post helpful.

God, more just keep coming up.
    When my brother tries to lecture me about life, being the "adult" he is. Hmmm...5 years older than me, been in jail more times than I can count, alcoholic, recovering(?) drug addict, still lives at home, no drivers license...and he's the adult?? I'm over 18 and responsible, don't give me that crap.

This is kind of cathartic.

Quote Originally Posted by toxicity View Post
    Hate when I'm just talking to myself/the horse/thinking out loud, and someone near me asking "what'd you say?", "what was that?". I'M NOT TALKING TO YOU. Really, this just bothers me because I'm thinking of one person in particular...
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say I bet I know what irks that one particular person you are thinking of.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by charismaryllis View Post
    on yourself or someone else?
    Myself! I'm always so disappointed to pull a shirt or jacket I might like off the rack only to see the sleeves are 3/4. Blech! Drives me crazy!

2 members found this post helpful.