The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    Glee really bothers me now. That show has become insufferable.
    Has become? I think it always has been!

There are a lot of little things that drive me up the wall, but I suppose one that might be sort of peculiar is people standing too close to me in a line up. For example, if I'm buying something at a corner store and the person behind me has been hovering an inch behind me the entire time. Bonus points for them dumping their intended purchases onto the meagre counter space before I've even finished with my transaction.

2 members found this post helpful.

I've met a few, but I didn't know they had a name!

ETA in response to Kate!
    Holy crap, how does Darwin keep missing you? ~Lauruffian

Why the spaghetti reference though?

Little things that irk me:

Parents who don't want to parent, and then call the po-leese when darling is 14 and acting like the spoiled monster he/she is, expecting US to do something for them. Uh. Be a parent?

DH's relationship with fast food.

Littering.
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

People using your things and not returning them in original condition

People who make plans but never follow through with them

People with horrible grammar and spelling

People who bitch and complain but never try to change anything

People who don't discipline their kids, dogs, or horses

People who put 25 different pictures of their baby on Facebook everyday

People who over-blanket their horse because they are cold and therefore horse must also be cold

3 members found this post helpful.

I despise when someone in front of me cracks their neck, especially when s/he uses his/her hands to push. I don't care if I hear it, but can't see it.

Those incorrect "facts" people spread as truth through facebook or e-mail irk me. It doesn't take much to verify if it's right or not.

I had to think about this but my # 1: people who pee all over the rim of a public toilet

5 members found this post helpful.

Our school lunchroom puts food in little trays which are then put on the big tray. All those little trays are plastic which are thrown away. Yesterday the less than a handful of salad even had a top on it!
    Just put it on the plate! They have to take it anyway so why bother with "choice"?

1 members found this post helpful.

I will add to the waste part. My SO works in the bakery of a supermarket. They bag up the leftover donuts, muffins and bagels from the day before and throw them away!!!! There is a rescue mission right down the street that I am sure would appreciate any day old bakery items. Grrrrrr
    I don't always feel up to arguing with your ignorance

Parents in the indoor during their kids lessons, constantly shouting "squeeze her", "don't let her stop", "use the crop", ad nauseum. First of all, see that sign on the door? You are not supposed to be in there.

Secondly, while I respect that your child is having a lesson and I will go out of my way to give him or her all the room they need, you are not having a lesson and if you walk out in front of my horse I am going to run you over.

Please, if you must maintain your speshul snowflake status and be in the arena, just STFU, your random screeching annoys me.

4 members found this post helpful.

On the subject of retail checkout pet peeves (and I'm sure I've been guilty of this in the past but am now enlightened ) -- when a cashier opens up a new checkout lane and someone or multiple someones BEHIND you rush over without asking first if you would like to go ahead of them. You know, SINCE YOU'VE BEEN WAITING LONGER.

And I strongly second the poster who expressed annoyance with those who block aisleways or other high-traffic "lanes" in stores. How hard is it to simply step and/or push your cart TO THE SIDE?
    "Business!” cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. “Mankind was my business. The common welfare was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business.”

re: carts in the aisle, I just push them over myself, with a big smile and saying sorry, rather than getting my blood pressure up

There are a lot of little things that annoy me, but not to the point of making my life miserable. People chewing with their mouth open, people who don't instill manners in their dogs/kids/horses, road rage, rude people...the list is long!

I agree with the posters who are aghast at the waste (all kinds of waste, not just food - basically, the "use-and-throw-away" mentality) in this society. THAT is not a little thing and it really, really needs to change, IMO.
    Ottbs - The finish line is only the beginning!

The people who drive in the left lane, in the blind spot of the car in the right lane, and never pass.

Those who drive slower than the speed limit in the express lane. It's an express lane, DRIVE YOUR CAR! If you don't want to go 65 mph, feel free to use the main lane, moving consistently at 30 mph.

Busses in the express lanes that are apparently incapable of reaching the posted speed limit, especially up a mild hill.

(Yes, I'm that driver, get out of my way!)

Getting 2 bags for 3 items at the store. Hey, Target are you listening??

The implication that shoppers are responsible for the excess number of plastic bags used when they are not the ones bagging items.

Those who have horses & complain about $150 for board. If you can't afford that sell the horse.

Those that won't move to find/keep a job. You're 30+, you really can live without Mommy around the corner at that age.

The automated phone system the health insurance company uses. It just drives me up the wall. I would be so much more pleasant once I got to talk to someone if I didn't have to listen to an automated voice tell me how I should use the website. If I could find it on the website, I wouldn't be calling.

People who walk into a store, restaurant, etc. and STOP, blocking the door. Especially irksome when it's a group. Get the h*#l out of the way! (This does not apply when the podium is right at the door by the way)

Add me to the list of people that want a throat punch those that smack their lips.

People who sit down RIGHT next to you in the movie theater (even though there are plenty of seats).

People who turn corners at -2 mph.

People who get hysterical and start screaming when my horse does something naughty (i.e my MIL and the reason she's not allowed at the barn anymore).

"Professionals" who out right lie. - I called to vet out a prospective barn for Herself. Owner heard that I rode Dressage and immediately started gushing about how she was an international GP rider but taking a break to study Parelli. Wouldn't tell me her name. Then when she inquired about Herself's breeding and I said "Danish" she replied with, "What QH line is that, I've never heard of it?"

That Army Wives show... maybe I should move this one to the top. Hate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

When people say "no problem" as a substitute for "thank you."

Danica Patrick!

5 members found this post helpful.

People who flick their still-lit cigarette butts out of their car windows.

People who give baby bottles filled with Kool-aid, punch or soda to infants or toddlers.

Quote Originally Posted by FLeventer View Post
    Bad grammer or incorrect spelling in books.

People who thump their hands on a table during mealtime conversation
    People who call their horse their "pony". It's a farking HORSE.
    and a bunch of others on the list
    Founder of the I LOFF my worrywart TB clique!
    Official member of the "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique
    http://wilddiamondintherough.blogspot.ca/

People that throw their cigarette butts out of the window of their moving car and they fly back at you. Yeah, that is definitetly B*^ch slap worthy.
    Not only do I hate -2 mph corner turners but is it necessary to have to take the turn so wide that nothing can get around you? I realize that you fear a possible roll over of your vehicle but honey at that speed, "it ain't gonna happen".
    People that don't understand the concept of merging when getting onto the highway. You don't stop on the entrance ramps and try to pull into traffic, you motor along and gently merge into traffic. Got it? Pull into traffic -No, gently merge- Yes!
    "Don't make me go all chestnut mare on you"!

Quote Originally Posted by Acertainsmile View Post
    People that own horses that clearly can't afford them. But just won't sell them because it's their "heart" horse. Usually the horse ends up suffering.
    People saying "Heart horse" is one for me. LOL. Can't stand it, and every time I see it on here, I roll my eyes.

I have a serious issue with people who interrupt me while I'm speaking. I call them "Interrupting Cows" like the knock knock joke. ("Knock knock" "who's there?"
    "interrupting cow" "interrupting cow wh--" "mooo!!!")
    People call themselves animal lovers, then let their dogs chase the squirrels. You're scaring the shit out of the squirrels, you schmuck!