The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Count me among the "banned" clan...I even called the horse cute and that I was sure he thoroughly enjoyed his apple and carrot treats
    The only thing the government needs to solve all of its problems is a Council of Common Sense.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dramapony_misty View Post
    Count me among the "banned" clan...I even called the horse cute and that I was sure he thoroughly enjoyed his apple and carrot treats
    <snoooort>
    You little troll, you

Check it out - this is their latest love letter for all you trolls:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    VP Horse & Carriage Association of NYC

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-F...ref=ts&fref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by michaleenflynn View Post
    <snoooort>
    You little troll, you

I posted this:
    It's also the 'No Fact' Zone....grab a biology book for crying out loud,or ask your banner vet lady what the deal is about horses...She should know about 'Chestnuts' and horses throwing up (which they can't, the Good Lord didn't think they needed to)
    and screen shot it, too

Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

2 members found this post helpful.

<snoooort>
    You little troll, you

"Carriage Horse Cruelty

Seems like we need to say this again....

We, at Carriage Horse Cruelty, have zero tolerance for trolls and stalkers. This is not a free speech zone and when we delete comments or ban the trolls it is not censorship. This page is maintained to provide a safe haven, on-line community, for those of us who are opposed to the exploitation of carriage horses. Those of you who are lurking in the shadows, waiting to pounce, are not welcome here. Have we made ourselves clear now?"

Now when they say "safe haven" , what they mean is their own micoverse zone free of any pesky notions like FACTS , COMMON SENSE , and REALITY.

lalalalala**fingersinmyears***lalalallalalala***he adunderablanket**lalalalalalalala
    Last edited by Lynnwood; Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:10 PM.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

BTW your all horse abusers because you insist on those damn facts.

Carriage Horse Cruelty Censorship for horse abusers only. This is not a public forum for them.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    I posted this:

and screen shot it, too

Hahaha, <POOF!>, gone already!

LOL, yeah, I know...I should know by now not to troll during peak hours
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

I just posted this:

Hi sweeties,
    Horses cannot vomit. Anyone who has ever actually been around horses can tell you that and can also tell you that the mess you see on the sidewalk is a result of feeding an apple - they always make a fabulous mess of "applesauce" and it's even more pronounced when they have a bit in their mouth!

It's sweet that you want to pretend you know something about horses, but at least attempt to get your facts straight!

Best regards

Edit: My comment has already poofed and I got a nasty message telling me that they don't allow pro-carriage animal haters to spread propaganda on their page. They're onto me.. I actually eat puppies and kittens and my hobbies include torturing bunnies.
    Last edited by supershorty628; Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:11 AM.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by supershorty628 View Post
    I just posted this:

Hi sweeties,
    Horses cannot vomit. Anyone who has ever actually been around horses can tell you that and can also tell you that the mess you see on the sidewalk is a result of feeding an apple - they always make a fabulous mess of "applesauce" and it's even more pronounced when they have a bit in their mouth!

It's sweet that you want to pretend you know something about horses, but at least attempt to get your facts straight!

Best regards

Edit: My comment has already poofed and I got a nasty message telling me that they don't allow pro-carriage animal haters to spread propaganda on their page. They're onto me.. I actually eat puppies and kittens and my hobbies include torturing bunnies.
    Really I find puppies and kittens stringy. I prefer to duct tape small animals to ceiling fans in my free time between abusing carriage horses and clubbing baby seals.

What's really sad is I'm still on the fence about the whole carriage thing, but that really really makes them look ignorant and stupid. Banning everyone who wants to correct a fact (not arguing that their stand on the carriage thing is wrong) is HURTING their cause instead of helping it.
    The only thing the government needs to solve all of its problems is a Council of Common Sense.

Drama the basic issue is that what is fueling their offence is nothing factual. If you laid out on a paper all the factual concerns vs made up hysterical nonsense and allowed the public to make educated personal choices then I feel like the majority would abandon their support.

I mean for cripes sake the industry holds an open house yearly now and INVITES people to come see the horses at work / in their stables etc. They really are an open book.

What's really sad is I'm still on the fence about the whole carriage thing, but that really really makes them look ignorant and stupid. Banning everyone who wants to correct a fact (not arguing that their stand on the carriage thing is wrong) is HURTING their cause instead of helping it.
    It's ok to not be all cheery about the carriages.
    Different strokes for different folks and all.

But it is all about the facts. The carriage people don't do anything wrong - especially in NYC.

And the antis are plum crazy...I mean....the anal boo hole plug...that sounds like something out of an S&M catalog, right!
    Crubber...sheesh...makes you wonder what goes on in their repressed little minds!

If you can swing it, got to Clip-Clopp. You can meet and greet the people in Manhatten, have fun and see the loons up close.

3 members found this post helpful.

Can I help you with any questions you have about the carriage industry?

Can I help you with any questions you have about the carriage industry?
    You are awesome. By "on the fence" I actually mean that I'm not passionately for one side or the other, though "ban" is a very stong word in my book. In fact, a nice carriage ride in NYC is on my bucket list!

My point was that they don't even realize that they are sabatoging themselves.

Their efforts would be put to MUCH better use to study the abuse in Latin countries. All but the most neglected American horses live like KINGS compared to those pitiful creatures.

BTW - what is even worse than non-horsepeople or simply uneducated people insisting on presenting untruths and banning facts is when horsepeople do it, to further their agenda. That is the situation with Steve Nislick (NYCLASS) -- rider, event horse owner, Hampton Classic attendee, Wellington regular. He has had his paid minions (yes, they are paid, with the director getting $70K a year) disseminate the identical lies that the un-schooled RARAs do; carriage horses are in straight stalls, carriage horses live in abandoned warehouses, carriage horses are bought old and broken down, suffer major respiratory ailments far exceeding the average horse population, etc etc, I could go on for at least another 5 minutes. AND they delete and ban as well - not quite as much as the true-believing RARAs do, but about 80% of the time.

Meanwhile, as Lynn pointed out, we are an open book -- on Carriage Horse Facts, NOBODY gets banned or deleted for challenging facts, asking questions, or giving a different opinion, and we welcome people into our barns and our lives to prove we have nothing to hide.

It's the garbage they spew [as noted by several posters] that makes those of us on COTH to take umbrage at being thrust into the same category with these people, when we're labeled RaRa's.

Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Freda View Post
    It's the garbage they spew [as noted by several posters] that makes those of us on COTH to take umbrage at being thrust into the same category with these people, when we're labeled RaRa's.

Just sayin'
    I may be trying to wear a shoe that doesn't fit here lol, but just a pre-empt and to clarify things for own self -- I have never called you a RARA, right?

You are awesome. By "on the fence" I actually mean that I'm not passionately for one side or the other, though "ban" is a very stong word in my book. In fact, a nice carriage ride in NYC is on my bucket list!

My point was that they don't even realize that they are sabatoging themselves.

Their efforts would be put to MUCH better use to study the abuse in latin countries. All but the most neglected American horses live like KINGS compared to those pitiful creatures.
    No, you're awesome for being reasonable LOL -- IME it is quite rare these days!

You are only in PA?? You should come to ClipClop, March 22-24th!!

I went right to Bill's page, don't know the banning behavior over there. Posted:

"Is he going to rehome them? Pay for their retirement? Their food, hoof care, housing? Or just ban them and be the big hero? Please don't fall prey to anti-carriage propaganda. Do some reading, some research. The radical animal rights folks will be coming after your pets next."

Under the blurb about this mayoral candidate banning all carriage horses if he is elected. Blah blah blah. And right there his involvement would end, what a feckin' hero.
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way. - Virginia Woolf

Did you know that if you say the word "GULLIBLE" really softly, it sounds like "ORANGES"?

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by JoZ View Post
    I went right to Bill's page, don't know the banning behavior over there. Posted:

"Is he going to rehome them? Pay for their retirement? Their food, hoof care, housing? Or just ban them and be the big hero? Please don't fall prey to anti-carriage propaganda. Do some reading, some research. The radical animal rights folks will be coming after your pets next."

Under the blurb about this mayoral candidate banning all carriage horses if he is elected. Blah blah blah. And right there his involvement would end, what a feckin' hero.
    Great post - I saw it before it disappeared.