The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I posted that it was an apple earlier in the morning and it was deleted. I am blocked from posting on their site anymore but at least I can still see and read their batsh!t crazy comments.
    Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.
    Bernard M. Baruch

4 members found this post helpful.

I can't believe they are deleting and blocking everyone, how incredibly immature. I was going to post on there but didn't even bother after reading through here. When I went to the photo, it had a thing that said it had 53 comments on it...but in reality there are only 6, all others have been deleted. Geez!!

1 members found this post helpful.

Here is the latest that they posted on here after deleting everyone's comments. They even want everyone to give MichalFlynn their regards (their popular insult is to call her Jabba the Hut along with a few other insults).
    Carriage Horse Cruelty to all of you who are here to challenge this photo, you are making many false assumptions. No one said that the horse vomited..dum-dums, people who are sick throw up on city streets all the time. Just as a reminder, this page is not being hosted so that you can come and defend the animal abusers and exploiters who drive carriage horses. It is a community for people who believe that the carriage industry is inherently cruel and abusive. So, beat it, you have no business here. Give Jabba our regards, or rather our disregards.
    54 minutes ago

Carriage Horse Cruelty by the way, for those of you wondering what the last post was all about, a group of carriage industry supporters, all came to the page within the last couple of hours to school us on horse physiology. Apparently they all had the same thought (that we were claiming that the horse vomited and was eating his own vomit) at the exact same time and ran here (some even created new facebook pages, just to be able to post here....lol) to correct us. Unfortunately, they didnt bother to read the thread or the comment that started the thread. Guess they are better at horse physiology than reading comprehension.
    46 minutes ago

Bob Pomilla Every time one of these charmers opens their mouth, the collective IQ of mankind, goes down.
    7 minutes ago
    Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.
    Bernard M. Baruch

2 members found this post helpful.

How much u wanna bet the RARAs r profitting from all this? Show folks they will b after u next!!!
    Appy Trails,
    Kathy & Cadet
    member CDCTA www.cdcta.com, TROT www.trot-md.org & Free State Appaloosa Horse Club freestateaphc.org

yeah, wow... if you're not posting something about effing this or oh they're so cruel to the pwetty horsies they should be free in a pasture then you get deleted. That particular thread was mild compared to a couple of the others... did anyone see the one on the Seattle horses? Yikes. These people are unbelieveable.

All I said was to the effect of, he looks like he's sniffing something, not eating it...sniffing does not equal eating, and horses eat off the ground anyway. Now I'm a carriage driver that defends animal abusers.

3 members found this post helpful.

Completely rediculous. I posted yesterday that it looked like the horse was eating and apple and I didn't get why he looked sick. That is REALLY tame for me and not offensive at all IMO, but guess who is now blocked. Idiots....

I really think it is time to stop doing them the courteesy of calling them RARAs.

In fact they are Fanatical Animal Rights Terrorists as revealed by their rejection of fact and logic and their direct interference with innocuous business owners solely due to their warped agenda.

I will refer to them as RARAs / FARTs from now on, and from my perspective the acronym is perfectly descriptive.

16 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by D_BaldStockings View Post
    I really think it is time to stop doing them the courteesy of calling them RARAs.

In fact they are Fanatical Animal Rights Terrorists as revealed by their rejection of fact and logic and their direct interference with innocuous business owners solely due to their warped agenda.

I will refer to them as RARAs / FARTs from now on, and from my perspective the acronym is perfectly descriptive.
    Perfect!
    Most people don't need a $35,000 horse. They need a $1,000 horse and $34,000 in lessons.

"I don't have to be fair… . I'm an American With a Strong, Fact-Free Opinion." (stolen off Facebook)

Quote Originally Posted by SAcres View Post
    Completely rediculous. I posted yesterday that it looked like the horse was eating and apple and I didn't get why he looked sick. That is REALLY tame for me and not offensive at all IMO, but guess who is now blocked. Idiots....
    YOU ARE JUST HECKLING THEIR EFFORTS!

GO AWAY MINION!

Last edited by Alagirl; Feb. 21, 2013 at 04:45 PM. Reason: forgot the LOL :lol:

4 members found this post helpful.

Idk what that is on the ground. Could be apples and carrots but the horse is just sniffing not eating it and I don't think a driver would park next to puke and stand right by it either. Anyways, I have seen some bad horse care in carriage horses in certain places. Horse noticeable lame to someone that knows a lame horse. Some to skinny and shouldn't really be pulling a 8 person carriage around etc. I have also seen amazingly cared for carriage horses that are rotated and happy seeming horses. There are good and bad in all the world. Even the horse world. There Billy Bob down the road that doesn't feed his horse or Sally Joe that doesn't have their feet done. It's what it is and to jump on all of the industry is like jumping on every horse owner because some butt head doesnt care for his so we shouldn't have them either.
    Horses aren't our whole life, but makes our life whole

FARTs NICE!! LMAO
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

Yes, FARTs is better... D_Bald you're a genius!

Quote Originally Posted by BelgianHalfDrafts View Post
    I've seen some pretty hilarious combinations of chewed and dropped alfalfa cubes with apple and carrot. Yeah it looks gross. Yeah my horse would lick it up in a second. My dogs also puke and eat their own puke, and eat horse poop. That's what they do. Saying my dogs eat their own puke because they're abused and I am a horrible person is absurd. Dogs also bring home dead stuff and roll in horse poop. They're DOGS.
    My old horse loved watermelon. The RARAs would probably freak - "OMG! He's bleeding from the mouth!"

Quote Originally Posted by oldpony66 View Post
    Yes, FARTs is better... D_Bald you're a genius!
    I'm not the original source; I think it was somewhere on the forum already -sorry not to know the author, however, glad to spread the 'call it what it is' moniker.

RARA sounds all cheery and positive; they are anything but.

Haha. I posted this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlKnsXlsoec

and now I am blocked.

You evil carriage drivers, starhorse, obviously you're making that horse vomit slobber!
    The Trials and Jubilations of a Twenty-Something Re-rider
    Happy owner of Kieran the mostly-white-very-large-not-pony.

Not even me in the video! Taped and posted by some other abusive pro-horse-abuse-propaganda-maker, no doubt... I just youtube searched "horse slobbering" and there it was.

A government conspiracy to protect jobs, I'd say.

(Pulls tinfoil off the leftovers...)

How about this winner, mayoral candidate Bill de Blasio's FB supporters threw up the same photo of the horse in Pa NOT even NYC and the following statement on their FB page;

"Rather than use feed bags, New York City carriage horse drivers throw the horses feed into the gutter, where they lap up their own urine, pigeon droppings, dirt and whatever other bacteria laden substances have accrued there. While Christine Quinn, along with Bloomberg, staunchly support this foul business, Bill de Blasio has promised to rid this city of this blot on it."

Guber is right, I mean the horse in the photo midway down the page the bay isn't even a photo of an NYC carriage horse its in PA for cripes sake.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Carin...41169685999304
    Last edited by Lynnwood; Feb. 21, 2013 at 09:58 PM.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnwood View Post
    How about this winner, gubernatorial candidate Bill de Blasio's FB supporters threw up the same photo of the horse in Pa NOT even NYC and the following statement on their FB page;

"Rather than use feed bags, New York City carriage horse drivers throw the horses feed into the gutter, where they lap up their own urine, pigeon droppings, dirt and whatever other bacteria laden substances have accrued there. While Christine Quinn, along with Bloomberg, staunchly support this foul business, Bill de Blasio has promised to rid this city of this blot on it."

Guber is right, I mean the horse in the photo midway down the page the bay isn't even a photo of an NYC carriage horse its in PA for cripes sake.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Carin...41169685999304
    OMYGOSH are you freaking kidding me?? "lap up their own urine, pigeon droppings" good grief!!!! these people need to get a life and LEARN about what they're trying to judge!!! People want to judge without knowing ANYTHING about the situation beforehand!!!

Yeah, you know I go out and vacuum my pastures and steam clean every blade of grass and disinfect the dirt with Lysol. Heaven forbid my horses eat off the dirty ground in the pasture.
    Bernard M. Baruch