The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Amwrider View Post
    I am willing to bet that the person says cloven hooved animals have hooves that can spread under their weight. If so, then you should mentinon that horses' hooves spread too, at the heel, which is why you do not put horse shoe nails past the widest part of the hoof. Blow their freakin little minds with that trivia....also, I do have video of a horse eating a jucy apple, i need to download it and will let you know when it is ready.
    LOL

you are trying to make their little heads explode!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.

1 members found this post helpful.

well, my silly post about what is the difference between cloven hoofed and horses is still up. Anyone what to email me their videos and I will post them ...or is that feeding their fire?

Quote Originally Posted by MunchingonHay View Post
    well, my silly post about what is the difference between cloven hoofed and horses is still up. Anyone what to email me their videos and I will post them ...or is that feeding their fire?
    more like the trolls....

But maybe if we spam them with apple slobber happy horses?

Here you go, not my horse but one belonging to a student. My little Arab lesson horse was a little too neat of an eater. I knew I could count on this greedy little Morgan to chomp it all in one bite.

This was only half an apple, unfortunately the splatter on the ground did not look as good on video as it did in person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKkyz...ature=youtu.be
    Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.
    Bernard M. Baruch

you need to get a nice ripe pear anyhow for maximum effect. I swear nothing makes them slobber better!

I am considering to take out a CL ad: Looking for horses to feed apples and carrots to for instructional video!

Here you go ... a well documented mess.

ERMAGERD!
    Someone puked in front of my horse's stall!!!"

Gross!!!!!

Who did this, boy?
    Who would puke and make you stand there with it????

Don' know.

Really ... NO idea
    Last edited by mp; Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:30 AM.

3 members found this post helpful.

Ok, I put up MP's photos and AM's video on the main page. the time is now 10:07am let's see how long it takes them to go POOF!

BTW its on the Carriage Horse Cruelty FB page.

ETA: its ends up in the sidebar, not on the main, front and center page.
    Last edited by MunchingonHay; Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:10 AM. Reason: reloaded FB page.

2 members found this post helpful.

It was actually one apple and six carrots ... hence the lovely orange accents.

Munchingonhay, I sent you a friend request on FB
    Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.
    Bernard M. Baruch

I made the mistake of posting a very reasonable explanation of what was happening in that photo.

Good God I've never encountered so many profoundly stupid people in one place before. And I mean profoundly stupid. Dropped on their head as a child kind of cross-eyed inbred vacuous kind of stupid. Stupid and nuttier than squirrel poo.

There's no shame in being ignorant. A reasonable, mentally healthy person can form the wrong impression, or develop an opinion, not knowing all the facts. And even when presented with the facts, can understand and appreciate having a more informed opinion but still arrive at the same conclusion (based on their personal morals and ethics)

All that is ok, even if I do not agree with that person or group of people. I know lots of smart, informed people who do not approve of working horses in highly urbanized environments. That's ok. It's reasonable even though we can all disagree.

But this - this is just batshit mean, frothy, spittle, ugly cross eyed inbred kind of stupid that is so willfully and intentionally incurable kind of stupid there is just no reasoning with them.

All a person can hope for is that they are finally struck dumb and they don't reproduce.

I made a similar mistake when I posted on a "rescue" site that had a "lucky 200 branded dog that was used by evil people in some game where they shot at dogs"

Uh... no. It was nothing more than a lost field trial hound that had a number on its side - so that a judge could identify the hound from a distance. Its owner was probably looking for it.

Nope - I was a mean fat poopy head who liked to brand dogs - it's so crewel!!!!!

Good Lord - the histrionics from the profoundly stupid were astonishing. It's as if they actually WANTED to believe that there are organized sports in which people use a hot branding iron to brand a number into a dog's hide, and then people line up to shoot the dogs like they're in a shooting gallery. Ping! You got 200 bucks! Ping! you get 35$ bucks! Really?

They willfully refused to believe, even when presented with third party independent evidence of field trialing - in which a judge watches hounds work at a distance, and owners put removable or semi permanent marks on their dogs so the judge can identify them.

Nope - that does not exist - only the shooting gallery explanation makes sense - and oh by the way send money to this address to save this dog from the shooters and the group is going to go down there and rough up the people who brand their dogs and shoot them for money. WTF?

They didn't have the dog. It was a dog in a shelter and its owners likely reclaimed it. It wasn't branded - a number had been painted on it - it will grow out. And the "nonprofit" who said they had the dog and were fundraising for it wasn't a real nonprofit. And they never went down "there" to beat anyone up. But I'm sure they laughed all the way to the bank.

There are a LOT of really creepy, stupid people with God only knows what sort of mental disorder - who really WANT to believe the absolute craziest, most implausible stories. And who willfully refuse to recognize the truth even when it's staring them in the face. Maybe a shrink can tell us the name of that disorder, if it is even recognized. Is terminal stupidity a disorder?

Just avoid them - and for God's sake don't give money to them or forward their lying posts or pleas to other people. They're just whackjobs.
    Last edited by JSwan; Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:00 PM. Reason: because when I get on a roll I forget spelling and grammar
    Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware
    Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
    -Rudyard Kipling

9 members found this post helpful.

OK Jswan, tell us how you really feel.

....and I spit Coke Zero on my keyboard. You just gave me a new phrase....nuttier than squirrel poo...LOL
    Bernard M. Baruch

Tell us what you really think, JSwan.

I did the same thing -- posted rationally and politely that the picture might be showing something else altogether. Didn't belittle their POV or call them out, just stated facts about how some horses (including mine) can make one helluva mess when they eat something juicy.

Pfft. Willfully ignorant and mean-spirited zealots. I seriously doubt they are in it to "save" horses. Rather, they're feeding their own need for bombast and attention.

I had three cups of French Roast this morning, people. THREE.

And I'm on a diet.

You were warned.
    -Rudyard Kipling

4 members found this post helpful.

That's telling it like it is, Jswan!
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

"cross eyed inbred vaccuous kind of stupid."
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

MP, you should start a new thread on Carriage Horse Facts with your first picture so we can all make fun of the idjits where they can't delete us.

I'm glad more people are starting to experience just how incredibly stupid these people are, first hand! JSwan they called you out by name!
    \"Non-violence never solved anything.\" C. Montgomery Burns

Quote Originally Posted by MunchingonHay View Post
    You're getting called out by the admin herself, MoH:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    \"Non-violence never solved anything.\" C. Montgomery Burns

JSWAN and others just a little 411. WAR(Carriage horse cruelty, NYCLASS and E.Forels group all 3 court a member whom IS mentally handicap. His name is Yuki Endo , the bring him to all their events encourage him to protest , dress him up in a horse suit get him to lay across the side walks as a dead horse. I can't even imagine the garbage they fuel him with.

Seems like a great kid who has real compassion for animals whom's good intentions are being exploited by the group. Here is a story about him. Want to talk about Monsters..those willing to exploit people who can not protect themselves.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/25/ny...anted=all&_r=0
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Quote Originally Posted by MandyVA View Post
    JSwan they called you out by name!
    Ooo.. I'm quaking in my boots.

Good grief I'm not involved in this issue one way or the other.

I merely saw something on FB and politely commented on it. They can delete the comment if they want - but doing so speaks more to their character and less to mine.

But I think I covered that aspect in my previous post.
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by JSwan View Post
    Ooo.. I'm quaking in my boots.

Good grief I'm not involved in this issue one way or the other.

I merely saw something on FB and politely commented on it. They can delete the comment if they want - but doing so speaks more to their character and less to mine.

But I think I covered that aspect in my previous post.
    I think you scratched the surface, yes....