The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Try the Genie bra, I almost never wear anything else anymore. http://www.geniebra.com/?gclid=CIixs...Fckx4AodrU4ArQ It definitely won't slip off your shoulders, and its so comfortable you don't know you're wearing it. It doesn't flatten you like a sports bra either, it lifts and separates nicely and is indestructible.

I either wear a "regular" sports bra or a compression tank over my regular bra if I'm doing light riding, or if there is going to be anything more than posting trot involved I wear my Enell sports bra that is more like a nylon vest of armor. I'm a 36 G, and the Enell is my best friend for any kind of exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by AliCat View Post

When I have a "fresh" bra on, my trainer can always tell. I sit up taller and ride better. I am a 32H, for a little perspective.
    Oh holy shit girl . H??? That's a SIZE??

I only wear sports bras, period paragraph. I like my small girls smooshed up against me. I have two regular bras for when I have to dress up, white and grey. And I hate them with a steely passion.
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.

Default Title IX ~ Check with them ~ They can 'help"

Title IX ~ check with them ~ They can "help" ~ just call them they are experts ~
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Criss-cross or razorbacks are all I wear as I have tiny shoulders. Just go somewhere and try a bunch on. My latest favorite is from Lululemon (mainly because they have great colors! I currently own hot pink, green and magenta from them).

Careful of the Enell if you're short/narrow, mine never fit right because I was too short and always chafed at the armpits even in the smallest size available... plus it just felt like I was being impaled by my own boobs. Not a good feeling at all

The new VSX sport line from Victoria's Secret is awesome. I have their Incredible sports bra and it really actually doesn't feel like a sports bra... I didn't think it would *ahem* keep everything in place at the sitting trot, but it is fabulous! And doesn't feel too restrictive.

I now only wear sports bras from Title 9 for every day. They have lots of comfortable bras that will support and stay on and that look good under clothes. The only time I wear a different bra is if I'm wearing something low cut and dressy.

The wider straps are much less likely to fall down, and that way you don't have to go to the criss cross, if that's an issue for you.

http://www.titlenine.com
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats. - Lemony Snicket

Bras that close in the front and have set in straps will stay up and they do make criss cross back straps on front closure bras....I to,have the same problem

I wear moving comfort sports bras. I'm a 32 DD and they fit me great and almost completely eliminate bounce.

I have the same problem! Racer-back (is that the word? I think so...) bras work best for me.
    Tack Cleaning/All-Things-Tack nut
    ~DQ wanna-be~

I have no advice but has anyone seen Double Divas it is about two ladies that own a lingerie store and specialize in bra fitting and they are hysterical!

Sounds like you need a professional fitting!

1 members found this post helpful.

i find that this happens to me when my bras get older and the straps are stretched out....problem is fixed when I wear a racerback or one with a tighter material....grrr i can't think what it's called, like spandex type material except not really.

Weirdly, the straps slipping off under everyday circumstances (like at work!) was not a big issue until I started riding more! Now it happens all the time. Hmmm. Anyway, I only ride in some type of sports bra. Totally loving the "Tata Tamer" from Lululemon! And it converts from conventional to racerback in a snap. I also have a racerback from Under Armour that is my "show" bra; it has independent straps and works great.
    "Do, or Do Not. There is no 'Try.'"--Yoda

I'm a 32B. I have never been able to ride in a regular bra without the straps slipping All. The. Time. and driving me crazy. Easy fix. I wear a sportsbra for every ride. Problem solved. And cheapo sports bras at walmart arent' pricey. Get 5 or 10 and never worry about slipping straps again.
    A good man can make you feel sexy, strong, and able to take on the world.... oh, sorry.... that's wine...wine does that...

I'm also a 32B and most regular straps slip down my arms. I try to tell myself it's a good thing, because it means I'm keeping my arms relaxed...

Anyway, I usually just wear a sports bra and then I have no problems. BUT when you want to look a little more perky, I have found that getting a bra with wider straps helps significantly. I have 2 PINK t-shirt bras from VS that have a little bit wider strap, and they never move.
    Strong promoter of READING the entire post before responding.

Watch Double Divas on Lifetime TV

GREAT supportive bra for when you can't wear a 'sports bra':
    http://www.titlenine.com/product/317...0#.USZVLzerQRE
    I can get too hot in a sports bra in the summertime.
    This one is definitely supportive enough to ride in (for up to a DD at least, I can't vouch for larger), no underwire, and if makes you look like you have two breasts, not a uniboob!

And I have one of these:
    http://www.titlenine.com/product/313...h#.USZXjzerQRE
    GREAT for things like sitting trot when you're full of PMS and your breasts are sore. It's really supportive without mashing you or being excessively tight. And it has an extra 'racer back' clasp that you can either clasp, or not.

Champion makes a great sports bra that I got at smartpak. Oh wait. they only have 38D left.. this is the one:

http://www.championusa.com/workout-c...bra?cm_vc=SPZ1

It's great because you can wear it as regular strap, or snap it and make it a racer back for more support. It's my every day go to bra. Not exactly something for a hot date, but it's super comfortable and great to ride in.

I never have this problem as long as I'm wearing racer backs. They are a must

Quote Originally Posted by JBCool View Post
    I have a problem with bra straps sliding off my shoulders. I've tried shortening, lengthening them, different sizes, nothing works. What am I doing wrong? Have I just not found the right size for me? Or do I just not have enough shoulder? It happens all the time, but I'm really tired of trotting around trying to fix my bra strap or cantering down to a jump with the strap around my arm! Thanks!
    I'm on the small side 34 c, and I have the same problem but I tried that stupid Genie bra (had to get a size large! because they run small) which I bought at Walmart. Not only is the darm thing comfortable but it doesn't move while riding, the straps stay in place, and I can wash and dry it quick. I mean if you are looking for major support then no but if you don't need that much support this is the one for you. Go figure ???