The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Out of all the attractive young men in this video (SFW, I promise), I'd prefer to chat up the bearded ginger--less than perfect body bedamned.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_zhaji9eos
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

married a ginger man in a kilt.

1 members found this post helpful.

Can't say as I'm a soulless abomination, and my husband considers me to be a treasure...

I was born with bright red hair, teased my entire childhood about it, and now the color is oh-so-popular for ladies to use. Alas, I have faded (ok, grayed out) to a strawberry roan, and I do miss my pretty red hair. Not enough to dye it, though - the color's not the same, and the upkeep is a PITA I'm not willing to take on.
    Don't tell me about what you can't do. That's boring. Show me what you can do. - Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Long Spot View Post
    Ala, I'm with you on Prince Harry. I never in a million years thought he'd turn out to be the hot one. But there it is.
    Yep. The little prince turned into a handsome hunk!!

I was always a strawberry blond with kinda curly hair. Now it's just mousy but with some blond and red highlights here and there.
    I've always likes red hair on guys, too. Not an orange mop, but a healthy red.

When I had long hair and lots of it, I dyed it auburn and styled it curly a la Julia Roberts in "Pretty Woman"!! God I miss all that lovely hair!!

I love the pale skin and red headed look (yeah, like the beautiful young girl someone posted above!) - it's just a timeless beauty. Alas we Irish types are also prone to red skin, which is not so pretty.
    Born under a rock and owned by beasts!

The best sex I ever had was with a ginger. But those flaming red pubes, theyre really astonishing at first.
    \"Non-violence never solved anything.\" C. Montgomery Burns

4 members found this post helpful.

I've got auburn hair..so most say I'm a ginger lol. That said every single hair dresser loves it and talks about people paying for the color these days. I think I'm pretty awesome... hubby usually agrees lol. I've never dyed or done anything to it. I'm on my tablet so not sure if this link will work or not...
    http://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid...08174&refid=17
    Also I was the golden child... seriously never in trouble, nice, shy, etc. My hubby on the other hand was a demon child whose mother got calls from the school almost daily. He was white blonde and now brown. Needless to say, should we ever have children I pray they are like me!

CG--no dice on your link!
    From now on, ponyfixer, i'll include foot note references.

Gingers are only soulless when they've been wronged and are seeking revenge. Otherwise, we're the most awesome people out there!

Quote Originally Posted by spacytracy View Post
    My only concern for her is her pain tolerance. She needs so much novicaine at the dentist, and she is petrified at the doctor for vaccinations. I know that's just a kid thing but I do wonder if it's more painful too.
    Although I believe it's been scientifically proven that gingers have lower pain tolerance, there are exceptions to the rule. I have bright strawberry blonde hair, blue eyes, and have a higher pain tolerance than most people. My sister on the other hand has always had zero pain tolerance at the doctor, but I think most of hers is mental.

I have a father with red hair and hazel eyes, mother with brown hair and blue eyes, and all 3 children ended up with red hair, blue eyes, and crazy high IQs. I used to burn in the sun like a tomato, but since my teenage years, I now sort of tan out instead, with all the freckles of course. Must be those ginger farmer genes . All of the gingers on my father's side of the family (the farmers) have had issues with skin cancer later on in life though.

I also have two chestnut horse too. One of them is Irish and can be the most devious sh** with his genius brain.

I've always loved my red hair and never understood people who didn't. I think redheads have higher tolerance to anesthesia too. I had lasik 10 years ago and apparently whatever they used on my eyes didn't work right. It was awful!

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by Belair View Post
    I've always loved my red hair and never understood people who didn't. I think redheads have higher tolerance to anesthesia too. I had lasik 10 years ago and apparently whatever they used on my eyes didn't work right. It was awful!
    Maybe it's because Ginger eyes are supposed to shoot lasers out of them and are not designed for having lasers shot into them?
    SPACE FOR RENT

1 members found this post helpful.

I am a redhead. My mom was a redhead. I have twin sisters with red hair, and one has a beautiful daughter with fiery hair!!
    Growing up, I was teased relentlessly by classmates, many of whom dye their hair red now.

I am a deviant, and I own it! I'm temperamental, feisty, arrogant, and opinionated...but I am as loyal as they come.

I do take souls and eat them for breakfast.

My Saddlebred has almost the same hair color as me too!!!

haha THAT's why it hurt then. They removed my super powered lasers that I didn't even know I had! Those could come in useful!

My mom said the whole time she was pregnant that she wanted anything but a redhead. Well, that's what she got. I also have that gorgeous can't-get-from-a-bottle red hair, dark brown eyes and rather dark skin. I tan better than most of my friends and my hair gets some of the most beautiful highlights in the summer. I feel so fortunate to have the lovely hair and complexion that I do.

I also believe I read somewhere that redheads do have a higher tolerance for sedatives and pain killers. I can attest to this. I sometimes think it applies to alcohol too....

Also, for all those with redheads in their life, this is a super cute book to get for them.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-...ass/1005313393

I also agree completely with the person that said to never get on the wrong side of one of us. I can tell you it's not fun (for the other person of course ).
    "Be the change you want to see in the world."
    ~Mahatma Gandhi

Mine was redder as a little kid, and I've been boosting it up with a glaze color which fades pretty naturally (i guess I go in 5x/year?). I'm adopted and my biological dad has the red hair and pale skin. Bio mom had tanner skin and mouse brown hair. My (adoptive) brother has red hair that has been bleached by the sun to almost strawberry blond, and my dad also has auburn hair, much like mine, so as a group we really do look related (people used to say that i looked JUST LIKE my brother, which I loved because it was our little joke!). Unfortunately, I got as much of the sensitive skin to the sun as anything else.... boo.

I would pay extra if I could guarantee that I'd have a redheaded child, you betcha. And if it could just be a replica of spacytracy's youngin, that'd be great.

Whenever I see redheaded kids at work, i light up. I am always so tempted to just gush about their gorgeous hair and how lucky they are, but i know it can get frustrating (especially as a kid) to hear the same thing pointed out all the time, so usually i refrain.... which means I just smile like a loon at them instead. I think if I were to meet aforementioned spacytracy's kid, I'd just fall over. Seriously, I think I'd be way more into having a kid if someone could tell me, yes they will have that color.
    MrB has some red in his beard and doesn't know his maternal grandfather's side, so I'm just going to hope they were a clan of fiery redheads whose genes have been waiting to resurface.

I am occasionally tempted to dye my hair dark brown/near black again (looks striking with blue eyes and pale skin), but i think I'd miss my auburn.

There's an annual redhead festival somewhere in northern Europe with thousands of attendees. I would be in heaven, though it might be a little bizarre seeing that many gathered together!
    MrB's attempt at talking like a horse person, "We'll be entering in the amateur hunter-gatherer division...."

My soon-to-be brother-in-law is ginger, and I keep telling him he should be breeding with another one because I read somewhere that the population is declining. So I guess that reveals my love of redheads
    Holy crap, how does Darwin keep missing you? ~Lauruffian

My sister is a beautiful ginger, so I love them. She has absolutely stunning hair and does not have the freckles that they so frequently have. I am hoping that if she and her soon-to-be-husband have kids, at least one will be a ginger as well!