The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spacytracy View Post
    A favorite movie.
    We went to a new friends house and the kids thought I brought a disney princess.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.

I'm auburn, so just on the edge of gingerness. I love my hair color! I do get teased about being a "soulless ginger" by my friends but that's ok. I wouldn't change my hair color for anything.

My Mother and one Sister are of the really dark auburn variety and are lovely people.

My other Sister, however, is NAMED Ginger and not so lovely.
    Kanoe Godby
    www.dyrkgodby.com
    See, I was raised by wolves and am really behind the 8-ball on diplomatic issue resolution.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by HighFlyinBey++ View Post
    I'm a Nice N Easy #108 ginger and couldn't be happier about it. My son has "fire beard" in that he has natural ginger only along his jaw. The rest is dark.
    Pictures or it didn't happen.

This takes facial bonsai to a whole new level.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

Quote Originally Posted by mvp View Post
    Pictures or it didn't happen.

This takes facial bonsai to a whole new level.
    This is rather common, at least where I live.
    Quarry Rat

My boss' 4 year old daughter came in a while back with the nanny. Nanny said to her: "Harper, what am I?" H: "A ginger!" N: "And what have I got?" H: "NO SOUL!"

Endless LOLs.

Gingers cannot be trusted.
    People call themselves animal lovers, then let their dogs chase the squirrels. You're scaring the shit out of the squirrels, you schmuck!

4 members found this post helpful.

Both of my parents: Gingers
    6 of us kids: 4 blondes and 2 jet-black haired
    Umm, Mom? WTH?

Go figure genetics. Mom has olive skin, dark red hair, blue-green eyes. Dad had fire-engine red hair, darkish/olive skin and bright blue eyes. (yep, 2 red heads with dark skin!)

4 of us are milk-white skinned, bright or dark blue eyed and blonde haired. Although one was born strawberry and went yellow over time and one was born platinum and is now bald, LOL!
    And 1 brother and 1 sister have dark, dark skin and light blue eyes and jet black hair.

(half of us are short, half of us are tall...all tan well except for me. I don't even burn, I just stay pale)

I'd love to try red hair or a variation of strawberry blonde or something. I'd love a color like Debra Messing or a tad lighter. But I fear screwing it up, my hair grabs color like crazy. And getting rid of a wrong red color is next to impossible because I can't cover it with brown or dark with my pale skin. And keeping up professional red is expensive.

I also think Prince Harry is handsome! There are a lot of handsome gingers out there. And female red heads...gorgeous! And I don't think I've ever met a natural redhead who didn't have gorgeous hair! They all look like Pantene commercials, LOL!

My daughter has a bunch of redheaded friends, all guys and all are good looking boys! She always tells me, "I have no idea why there's so many ginger jokes! All these guys here look great!"
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Much like the Doctor I always wanted to be ginger. *sigh*

Perhaps my next regeneration....

My hair is tends more toward whiskey colored -- reddish gold. And I'm from a family full of gingers. So I think ginger folk are great! I've never been tormented *much* for my hair color, but out west (near the Mexican border), red hair is pretty uncommon, and I've had people ask if my hair is "real" ... and even had people in Mexico ask to touch it, lol. Being a "guero canelo" is a good thing

Professional red turned out to be a pita for me. I finally wanted people to think my daughter belongs to me. I had to go back twice and it still bled like a stuffed pig. No fault of the salon, red is really hard to keep.

I'm a ginger. More strawberry than anything I'd guess. Perhaps I still have half a soul?

I dyed my hair more blonde just for kicks an the red still shows through.

Apparently, gingerism is contragious. My half-asian boyfriend (darker complexion and black hair) has developed quite a few RED beard hairs. Enough that its actually noticeable. He's horrified

Quote Originally Posted by spacytracy View Post
    Professional red turned out to be a pita for me. I finally wanted people to think my daughter belongs to me. I had to go back twice and it still bled like a stuffed pig. No fault of the salon, red is really hard to keep.
    red is impossible to keep in.

but it has great gray coverage....the brown that stays in? not so much
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.

I was a flaming ginger (curly, no less) as a wee tot. Around age 3 it all began to be replaced with the dark, pin straight locks I have now. I am still pale with freckles (almost translucent, lol).

My German grandmother (off the boat) apparently told my Irish grandmother (2nd gen off the boat) that this was the Irish devil leaving my body. They never got along.
    From now on, ponyfixer, i'll include foot note references.

I have been dating a Ginger for 5 years now. He is most certainly a deviant, who has broken more than his fair share of car windows and terrorized every nanny/babysitter/parent/sibling/cat that had the misfortune of coming across him in his toddler/child/teen/early twenties years.

As he has started to bald he has started to mellow. He graduated from dental school and has his own practice where he terrorizes his patients with bad jokes and homemade rap songs.

Should we marry and have babies, I hope, for my sake, that the children get my genes... I don't know that I could possibly go through what my ginger's mother went through.... Not without having a drinking problem...

Spacytracy, if I were to put together a dream daughter... well, you have her! Makes my wizened and rusted maternal instinct emit a small plaintive twang...
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way. - Virginia Woolf

Did you know that if you say the word "GULLIBLE" really softly, it sounds like "ORANGES"?

I am a redhead, as is my husband and our daughter. We are the redhair and dark brown eye combos, though!

When our daughter was a teenager, she used to put a black rinse on her hair, as she hated being a 'ginger'. She now works for M.A.C. cosmetics, and has been their top seller at her counter from the day she started. Why, you ask? Because she's 6', and has that gorgeous red hair that you just can't get at the salon. She has people coming up to her all the time asking who does her hair, and what colour she uses. People refuse to believe her when she says it is natural. She even has a chestnut mare that matches!

Here's a picture of her from a modelling shoot.
    http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...7/jennifer.jpg

You can always tell who the people are that dye their hair red. Their skin tone is just not right. Only a true redhead gets it right!

She's a gorgeous child!

My best friend growing up had red hair. I think red hair is beautiful, it's so different.

My natural hair color is dingy blondish/brownish with some red shot through. Last year I got bored and self colored to Wendy's Girl red I later went to a professional who gave me a much more natural auburny red, which is what it is now. Since I'm fair skinned, freckled, and green-eyed, it's pretty believable and rather flattering whereas the blondish/brownish kind of washed me out. The red actually blends well enough with my natural color that you can't see any kind of root line, and MANY people have commented "OMG I love your red hair!" I rarely let them in on the secret
    "Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out." ~John Wooden

Phoenix Animal Rescue

JoZ, if I could clone her, she has quite a list of takers, I got so lucky. She's a really awesome kid.
    Mht, your daughter is stunning!
    Grayarab, thank you. I think she is beautiful but it's not her physical cuteness, it's her beautiful soul. She's an 80 year olds wisdom in a 5 year old package.

My husband is dirty blond, I'm dark brown, but we have the red gene on both sides. When she came out I didn't believe the doctor.

My only concern for her is her pain tolerance. She needs so much novicaine at the dentist, and she is petrified at the doctor for vaccinations. I know that's just a kid thing but I do wonder if it's more painful too.

Default Jamie Fraser...red headed heros

Once you have a great red-headed hero the possibilities change. http://www.dianagabaldon.com/books/o...ies/outlander/