The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    I figure if people think it's fine to go out reeking of cigarette smoke, cologne or laundry sheets I can't possibly be more offensive than those!

1 members found this post helpful.

I work from home and I keep my horses at home, so I usually spend my day wearing riding breeches and paddock boots. I wear PJs in the barn always for morning feeding. I frequently shop, run errands and eat out in restaurants in my horsey attire. Fortunately, I live in a horsey area so I don't usually get second looks. What's weird for me is having to dress up in business attire.

I do a lot of things on the way home from the barn. I don't change, just go horse smelling.
    I am on my phone 90% of the time. Please ignore typos, misplaced lower case letters, and the random word butchered by autocowreck.

I go out smelling like a horse. I'm also a researcher working with mice and I go out smelling like mice. Alas...
    Proud member of the Colbert Dressage Nation

I live in Ocala...I don't remember what it feels like to wear regular clothing
    Nine out of ten times, you'll get it wrong...but it's that tenth time that you get it right that makes all the difference.

I've been procrastinating all month going into "the big city" to catch up on some movies. Barn is in that direction. The other day, I brought clothes to change into as I wasn't planning on being that physical around the barn. But then realized I forgot my shoes. BO said she'd have no problem wearing her paddock boots to the movies. Ewwww - not me! Especially as I go all the way to the city, not the smaller ones en route.

Finally made it there yesterday, seeing 2 long movies - Lincoln and Zero Dark Thirty. Can only imagine someone sitting next to me with those barn boots on

As it was, my car was by far the filthiest in the parking lot at the mall.
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

Yes, I do...but I live in one of those mostly agricultural towns where nobody looks at you particularly funny.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    If I didn't go out smelling like a horse, like diesel, like whatever...I'd never go out, LOL!

No way am I showering and changing to run an errand or go get gas or grab a coffee. I'd never get anywhere and would only be "stinky" again within minutes of getting home.

However I live in a pretty agricultural area for CT. My town doesn't have stores really (or a post office, streetlights, etc) so I go one town over and that's all dairy farms. So they "smell' worse than me, LOL!

My sister!!!

I detest city life. Country life is SO much better.

Who cares if you went to such and such store in your barn shoes. Well, I really do not give a fig WHAT you think or smell of me.

Believe me there are people who smell WAY worse than horse. OMG. I have definitely been in line behind them or near them. Wee oooo.

I am no stinky person, but hey, horse is way better than say pigs. Or human poo. Or human stinky-I-have-not-bathed-in-many-many-many-days. Or I-smell-of-dirty-clothes-which-have-not-been-washed-for-weeks-and-have-sat-on-the-floor-for-a-long-time.

I do change clothes then go out. But it depends.

I have been riding all day, then came home, and then went out to pick up something to cook for supper. At least I do not smell of horrible b.o. Horse, what ever could be a better smell.

My friends who all have horses do not smell to me.

I guess I have to ask, do horses have a smell? Is there a problem with that?

Once again, I detest perfume. Rather smell livestock than the most popular perfumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    I figure if people think it's fine to go out reeking of cigarette smoke, cologne, or laundry sheets I can't possibly be more offensive than those!
    Yes, yes, yes. I have to bum rides off someone to go to off campus labs and she smokes. I'm guaranteed to have to do laundry that night so my room doesn't reek of cigarettes...and that's just the secondhand smoke!

My brother smokes too, and when I go home we have to share a bathroom. He has the nerve to leave his empty packs and disgusting clothes everywhere. I get headaches from it.

I hate fabric softener smell.
    I hate cigarette smell.
    I hate perfume.

Love horse smell.
    Love the smell of a man who has been outside working, for instance, on the fence, or fixing something.
    I love the smell of moon flower though. Also the interesting blue moths it attracts.
    I love the smell of fresh hay, mowed grass.
    Fresh biscuits from my oven.
    The way my David Austin roses smell, my Climbing White Dawn rose.

Even the farrier. Or my hay guy.

A person whose picture was taken on "people of walmart" probably not.