The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Stuff to do in Louisville, KY area?

We'll be new to the area and I don't really know heads or tails about it.

Any suggestions on fun stuff to do with a toddler? Without?

TIA!

I'm just across the river in Southern IN. I really like it here...no kids (yet), but there are quite a few fun things to do. Downtown Louisville has some nice museums, some good for kids. There is the Science Center, with IMax, Louisville Slugger Factory and Museum, Frazier Arms Museum (Princess Diana exhibit just left; that was very good). There is a Zoo. Lots of caves and hiking. A very nice Waterfront Park with a walking bridge to Indiana. Churchill Downs, of course. The YUM Center had big name concerts almost weekly. The RiverBats are a AAA baseball team and play all summer.

Feel free to PM with questions. When are you moving?
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

Thank you!

We leave VT next Thursday and we're planning on taking 3-4 days to travel. So 3 March!

Shaker Villiage is wonderful. I think you could go with or without kids. Save up some money to eat dinner there. Don't forget that you are also close to the Horse Park. Also only about 1.5 hours from Cincinnati with museums, zoo, major league sports, minor league in Florence, KY. Louisville-Lexington-Cincinnati are about equally distant so really you have more than 1 city for events/places. In this area (Northern KY, Greater Cincy area) there are various festivals all summer. Look for a free entertainment newspaper. Visiting COTHers?

What do you like to do? bet we could find it.

How about Hadley Pottery?

Nice pottery.

I have many farm themed type pieces from her. Cute!

Oh yeah-Rolex!

I used to live in Louisville and now that I have moved I still fly in about once a month for work (actually sitting in a hotel downtown right now), and I agree with what everyone has said above. For some adult entertainment, Bardstown road has a good bar scene. Downtown has this area called Fourth Street Live, and it has some good resturants, but on the weekends its more of a college kid hangout. Also, downtown sort of closes down in all areas other than 4th Street Live after 5 or 6 PM. I tried to get dinner at Panera once at 6:30 and couldn't believe it was closed. Feel free to PM me if you want specifics on any good resturants or bars.

I can spend days and weeks digging through The Photographic Archives at the Un of Louisville.... over two million photographs stored there.

Kate Matthews Collection is of special interest as I grew up where she took most of her photos

http://louisville.edu/library/archives/photo/

My coworker's grandchild is 3 and lives in L'ville, she goes and visits two or three times a week, I know that they do girly stuff like go shopping and also go to a park near her son's home, I'll ask about "outings" and hopefully get back before OT day closes.
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible