The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Who needs a pair of rescues in SC???

So I'm killing time scrolling thru the craigslist app and this pops up:

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/grd/3574253671.html

"2-quarter horse sam with white feet 16 1/2 hands , 7 years old smooth rider , dandy girl , 5 years old , english broke $300.00 each or $500.00 cash for both #1-803-379-2401 "

Ad includes photos of a bay and chestnut QH - very underweight with such pitiful eyes. Wish I could just go get them cause I'm having one of those weeks where I'm just sick of jacka$$ owners (no hay but a new flat screen sort of owners)....I couldn't squeeze a guinea pig into our menagerie.

I know we're all likely running super tight budgets these days but I just thought I'd throw this out there - partially as a vent about loser horse owners - but also hoping someone sees this and does what I can't (save critters).

I'm trying to convince myself that these 2 horses are in good hands at this point and the person selling them took them from the bad situation and is just trying to rehome them...but I kinda think not. Anyway, thanks for letting me whine....

I took on two horses two years ago from a situation like that...and then another a year ago....sadly I have no finances for more right now, otherwise I'd get the poor things. There are SO many poor neglected horses. It just makes me sick.

The ad has been deleted now, but just wanted to let you know that my boss is going down tomorrow to pick up the mare. The gelding is already sold, and whoever bought him is already coming over to the guys house and riding him.

We went down Saturday and saw them - no elf feet surprisingly, but very thin. The mare is adorable - a very sweet face and kind eye.

Say a prayer for the gelding. I'd hate to think he's out of the frying pan and into the fire, so to speak.

2 members found this post helpful.