The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best Craigs List ad ever!!! Wedding dates...

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/act/3614323635.html

Not sure how long the ad will be up, but not bad looking either!

---------
    My brother and I are looking for wedding dates for our cousin's wedding in majestic Saratoga, New York on March 23rd, 2013.

We've been told by the bride that bringing dates is "mandatory" so we "won't harass all of my friends all night" and "stay under control". Rather than ask some fringe women in our lives to go and face the inevitable 'does this mean he wants to take it to the next level!?' questions, we'd rather bring complete strangers and just figure it out. Still reading? In anticipation of your questions we've developed an FAQ section below.

Dave, Mike... What's in it for me?
    • An excuse to get dressed up
    • Open bar & food all night
    • Eccentric/downright dangerous bro-2-bro dance moves (may need to sign a waiver)
    • Adventure
    • Mystery
    • Suspense
    • True Love
    • Royalties once our night's story is developed into a romantic comedy*
    *if this happens (we estimate the chances at 85%) we refuse the right to let Ashton Kutcher play either of our characters, however, we will consider him for a supporting role.

SO - What are you fellas like, anyway?

Oh us? We're both in our 20s, single, dashingly tall, Anglo-Saxon, respectfully athletic, love to party, completely house trained, relaxed, passionate, smell great, have cool hair, clean up nice, boast great tie collections, will promise to shave, love our mother, have seen Love Actually several times, controversial, provocative, short-sighted (with a big picture mentality), raw, emotional, sensitive but still bad boys.

What should us ladies be like?

You should respond in pairs as you'll want to know at least 1 person at this wedding. Sisters (twins?!) are preferable, but we'll take friends, or even enemies. You should be attractive or our aunts will judge you, but not TOO attractive or one of our uncles might grope you. You should be relaxed and easy going as we'll probably make up flattering lies about you on the spot. You should own a dress, or be able to acquire one because we don't have any. If (when) you respond you should send some pictures of yourself so we know you've met the above requirements. Feel free to include a resume; this is a classy wedding and we're looking for well-rounded women. Interesting/unique pairings are encouraged; don't be afraid to make yourself stand out!

This feels kinda creepy, are you guys Craigslist killers?
    No. Well, if you want to be techni.. nevermind. No, we aren't. We just genuinely want to do something different and we don't see any other way to approach it. What would verify our normalness? Facebook? Instagram? We can have a pre-date screening (interview) prior to the wedding and play 20 questions over a coupla cocktails if you'd like?

We're IN! What now?
    First off -- smart thinking. Email us, send along some pictures, information, high school athletic stats, questions, etc. We'll take it from there.

9 members found this post helpful.

LOL that is awesome!
    Railgirl.blogspot.com

They sound like a lot of fun. If I were single and lived in that area, I'd respond. And it does sound like the next sappy love movie.

1 members found this post helpful.

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

Damn! If only I was single and lived in NY! Those boys sound like a fun time. Alright all you single NY gals--let's get you a fun date!
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

when did CL change its ad format on the pages?? It's only been a few days since I looked on there!! did i miss something?

HAHAHA! If I were single and even remotely interested, I'd travel for that shit. Sounds like a great fun time, a great story, and yeah I'd be bringing some kung fu too, just in case .
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

Well 2 single cothers in their 20s need to do it! Those guys sound like fun, don't look like serial killers, and it would be a great story to tell everyone after the reception.

If 2 single cothers in NY State cannot be found, recruit 2 of your friends or family members to go!

And it's in Saratoga? So a stop at the track stables could be a requirement for the guys you go with.

That ad is so creative. A warning though, those guys seem to take off their pants a lot.

The pictures are still up as of today, and the guys look like they are wild and crazy. Fun dates for someone.

Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get

Hysterical!

If I were in the area I'd give them the opportunity for some REAL wedding gossip when one of them showed up with a date old enough to be his grandma!

Wish I had a daughter to offer up to the cause....
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009
    Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009

City of delusion in the state of total denial

That's a hoot! I ought to pass it on to a couple people I know closer up there.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

I just sent this to my close friend (gorgeous, single, but a little to old for these guys) who lives in Saratoga.

What a hoot!
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

I don't want to be their date (not single, too old, and not in the area), but I'm very tempted to email them to ask if they'll post an update afterwards!
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

Quote Originally Posted by WildandWickedWarmbloods View Post
    A warning though, those guys seem to take off their pants a lot.
    You say that like it's a bad thing.
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by see u at x View Post
    I don't want to be their date (not single, too old, and not in the area), but I'm very tempted to email them to ask if they'll post an update afterwards!
    Please do!! Heck, ask them to join COTH. I'm betting they'd offer hilarious commentary from the non-horsey perspective.

I emailed it to my very single friend in Louisiana. They sound like just her style. Far to travel, but I triple dog dared her to email them
    the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

Ah to be 20 years younger and single.... What an adventure my best friend and I could have had. <sigh>

That is the schixel for which CL was built. I think Craig would be pleased.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

I deeply wish I could find a way to wrangle this with my bfffffff. Sadly I'm probably too old for them and I think mayhaps my dear SO would object.
    bar.ka think u al.l. susp.ect
    free bar.ka and tidy rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by sparky6 View Post
    Please do!! Heck, ask them to join COTH. I'm betting they'd offer hilarious commentary from the non-horsey perspective.

I emailed it to my very single friend in Louisiana. They sound like just her style. Far to travel, but I triple dog dared her to email them
    I totally emailed them and included a link to this thread. Fingers crossed!
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

I would! I'm the right age, but live to far away I think that would be so much fun, bring a friend along, and have a great time!

They sound like a lot of fun and it would be totally in my wheelhouse if I were about thirty years younger! I hope we can get some follow up.

If I were a serial killer, I would totally try to sound fun on craigslist....

(Does that make me sound old and all "judgey"?)
    FREE TACK/APPAREL ADS: BITS AND BARTER BOARD: http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=5450